R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotan23 View Post
me and some other guys running cool power heli fuel. it's 30% nitro and 22% low viscosity synthetic oil.
after long use we have found that the engines wear slower than other fuels and stays clean without carbon inside. the only drawback is slower low end response (which is some cases make the engines more linear). and we also found that rb engines dont work with this fuel (we use it with radical, os and go tech without problem).
I've been flying helis for 13 years, coolpower 30% is the fuel of choice. My engines stay at 18,500 rpm the entire flight, plus they are ringed. The oil that is used is for cooling and ring seal as well as lubrication. I've tried coolpower in my buggy, it smokes way too much and I couldn't get the power I had on car fuel. Yes with the higher oil content helps with errors in tunning, but it is designed for helis (I use it in 4 stroke airplane engines also) not cars. Coolpower uses synthetic oil, Omega is caster. But there used for the air. I would recomend sticking with car fuel. I've only been racing gas for 5 months, but I was a factory pilot for JR, Bergen and Schluter helicopters. I feel that my flying helps me with engine tunning, and heli fuels are for helis. Car fuel are for cars. JMO...

MBX7r, MBX7R Eco, 22-4 2.0
Dougg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 Doug

Only rc car you should run Coolpower is the EK4. Thats what I run in mine at least. That ringed .70 smokes like a mofo with the high oil content. If you want high oil content run the RTR(Byrons RTR I think is 16% oil) stuff or the Traxxas (14% oil content I believe) fuel which isnt bad fuel to run, but you will never get the performance running coolpower 30% like you would running a 11-12% oil fuel. dotan23 You would be better off learning how to tune properly than running heli fuel. It will be more benificial to you and your engines in the long run.
JR V is offline   Reply With Quote