R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mugens for me work great. in 1 full season i have broken 4 dollars in plastic shock ends (i like rediculous down travel lol). they are also the most planted cars i have ever driven (have driven jammins, 8ights, hyper8 and a kyosho) that isnt always someones favorite or the fastest for their style but i will bet being fast and able to jump with a mugen will make you fast with about any buggy
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #17
Regional Moderator

In 1 1/2 seasons on my XRAY XB8 TQ, I've only broken 1 part, a wing mount. Parts aren't that hard to find. AMainHobbies, BMainHobbies, and AshfordHobby seem to do a fairly good job of keeping parts in stock. But as I stated before, only 1 broken part so far. One guy near me has replaced front and rear arms and hinge pins, but that was after *12* gallons. On my XT8, I broke both rear wing mounts and a fuel tank, but that's it so far.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Thank you very much for your response. In the country where i am living, Kyosho parts are easily available. i like the x ray xb8ec quite a lot, however parts are relatively difficult to get. As for Tm M 1B, parts n support are readily available. But right now it is not on my considering list. I have heard of some issues. Nevertheless, TM should be applauded for making a bold move for their innovation. M 1B features some innovative designs. In some way it is radical, a departure from conventional buggy design. But like many other innovations there will be some issues waiting to be ironed out. i believe that it will mature into a formidable competitor on the track. Just my US$0.02.
fulcrum07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushyar15 View Post
The operative words here are "Should Be competitive"....

And being different for the sake of being different just doesn't cut it. Innovative design has to come with a benefit such as improved performance and NOT just on paper, in the real-world. Even if it has an advanced layout thats all good and well, but if it can't get you into the winner's circle it might as well have "big tits" on it cause looking at it is all its gonna be good for...

The standard M1B was "supposed to be competitive" but isn't/wasn't. Not even after a full year in the states, they bring out the "Turbo". A buggy in less than a year goes from selling at 689.99 to 399.99 on Amainhobbies.com who seem to drop the price by 10.00 bucks a week...

IMO, until TM proves itself and doesn't lose its only named Sponsored driver, Dave Crompton, to the likes of HoBao, I'd stick to the tried and true proven designs of Mugen, Kyosho, and the likes of those. Ones that have a history winning the big races and continues to...

I had two M1Bs, sold one for next to nothing and can't get anything for my other as everyone knows better than to buy one of these...
you knew the job was dangerous when you brought the kit,sounds like your still sulkin from your pimpin parts therory issue you had on the m1b thread,relax mate you`ll get over it
Old 08-15-2007, 04:36 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here my friends is what you call "mis-direction" The TM Rep attempts to dismiss my comments as "sulkin", hoping to dis-credit me, BUT NEVER ADDRESSES MY POINTS... A cheap tactic...

I only speak the truth.......Tell me I'm wrong.... Go Ahead....

Did Dave Crompton leave for Hobao in the middle of this season? YES!
Didn't the starting retail price for the M1B start at 689.99 and now you can buy it Amainhobbies.com for 399.99? YES!
Has Amain been dropping the price weekly by 10 bucks? YES!
Did TM bring out a new buggy in under a year YES!
Did I only get 200 bucks for my used M1B after paying almost 650 USD for it YES!
Has this new innovative TM design been winning any major races in the US- NO!

I knew it was a dangerous job!?!?!? How about suicidal. Oh and where's that disclaimer when you go to buy one? Where does it say, "Warning: This product is NOT fully tested. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK"

And why did Team Trinity STOP carrying the M1B? Could it be they couldn't keep it in stock? probably not, seeing the "giveaway" prices on the original...

Oh BTW, I don't recall this poster asking ANYTHING about the TM M1B, so you come in here, talking about all the cool stuff the M1B has, when it wasn't even included in his question. What do you call that? I call it "Pimpin"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitdog View Post
you knew the job was dangerous when you brought the kit,sounds like your still sulkin from your pimpin parts therory issue you had on the m1b thread,relax mate you`ll get over it
HPI - Blitz

Last edited by bushyar15; 08-15-2007 at 05:44 AM. Reason: correct typos
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
I don't see an update to the 8 for a long time as it doesn't need any, and I am quite sure the RC8 will be also excellent. Either way, you can't go wrong with any of the current generation buggies. Buy what you like, or if you wait, try both out when someone you know gets the RC8. Just make sure both are setup well; otherwise your "testing" is in vain.
+1 for this stick with the major players and you will be good to go
Kyosho
Jammin
Mugen
Losi
AE ? late this fall I herd from a few factory guys.

these would be the brands to have. any one will put you on the podium with the right setup!
tdeal823 is offline   Reply With Quote