Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Buggy Help: Pull starter >

Buggy Help: Pull starter

Buggy Help: Pull starter

Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Buggy Help: Pull starter

Hi, I recently bought this buggy: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2-SPEED-RC-R...QQcmdZViewItem

I used it for about 5 minutes on a baseball field and all of a sudden it wouldn't go. The engine ran, but it not go anywhere. When I try starting it. the..the pull starter would not budge. It did not move an inch. Can someone please help me..Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ok, could be a few things causing the buggy not to move.

clutch shoes could be bad, but im more inclined to believe the motor shifted and isnt meshing with the tranny. if you look at the pics from your auction, you see the pics in the middle of the 4 gears, 2 are black(Spur Gears on the transmision) and two are metal ( Pinion Gears on the Clutch Bell). these gears will need to Mesh together to make your buggy move. if your motor mount bolts loosened up, this would allow the motor of move, thus opening a gap between them. therego the motor will run/rev up ect, but the buggy stays still.

it could also be any of the drive shafts, either the center driveshafts, or the wheel driveshafts could have lost, loose or broken pins or even loose setscrews.

you ll have to check each part along the drive train to find out where the issue lies.

for the Pull starter, it could be a bad oneway bearing, or a knot in the ps rope. can you roll the motor over by spinning the flywheel with your hand?

for a starter buggy, it may not be to bad, but to be honest with you, it will probably be somewhat of a PITA to get parts for. especially if it brakes alot without a good reason why. i would suggest use it the best you can, and save a few hundred dollars and buy a nice quality and in decent condition used buggy.

if you can save 400.00 to 600.00 you can get a very nice, High Quality, used buggy in Very Very good shape.
jm2c.
Timmahh
Old 08-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjlim129
Hi, I recently bought this buggy: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2-SPEED-RC-R...QQcmdZViewItem

I used it for about 5 minutes on a baseball field and all of a sudden it wouldn't go. The engine ran, but it not go anywhere. When I try starting it. the..the pull starter would not budge. It did not move an inch. Can someone please help me..Thanks.
hi,
1) you could have stripped your gears if the engine is running (throttle squeezed) and the car is not moving.
2) you need to remove the pull starter. it's probably stucked.