R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   OFNA Warrenty (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/176801-ofna-warrenty.html)

jchas26 08-13-2007 09:07 AM

OFNA Warrenty

I just got off the phone with OFNA and I figured I would share my experience to help anyone who might get themself in this situation. I bought a Jammin rtr buggy brand new in the box sealed from a hobby store on ebay. The buggy has some sort of defect in the rotorstart backplate, no biggie. Since I bought it from the store on ebay OFNA would not honor my warrenty card that I have in hand with all the information properly filled out. I don't want to start a flame thread, I just want to warn others before they thing their warrenty will be any good. If OFNA does not deem the hobby store you buy at as one of their authorized dealers, your vehicle will not be honored. I did not realize this and if it was in the warrenty info I definatly misunderstood or did not understand it. As for my personal opinion, I thought it was not very good business to deny my warrenty claim and potenially lose business over a 12 dollar part. I like my buggy, dont get me wrong, I just don't want anyone to get in this situation like I did. New buggy and worthless warrenty.

sickboy 08-13-2007 05:24 PM

why would they honor a warranty on a product not bought at an authourized dealer? i cant believe you would expect them to.

oldsavage 08-13-2007 05:32 PM

This is directly from Ofna's web site.

Notice: Buyer Beware, E-Bay Sales
Issues concerning unauthorized OFNA products have recently been brought to our attention. Gray market kits and products bearing the OFNA name are being sold via 3rd party sources which are not official OFNA products, generally from outside the US. Also we have heard of kits being sold on E-Bay which are lacking components or are possibly stolen.

How can you tell if the kit you are about to purchase is official merchandise? Your kit will come in an OFNA box, with OFNA literature inside, but most importantly your box will carry the official OFNA factory seal. Prospective buyers should check these items before purchase. If the seal is broken, OFNA reserves the right to decline warranty, although this will be taken on a case per case basis.

OFNA Warranties are Non-Transferable.

This means if you purchase a kit or products via a 2nd or 3rd party and you develop a warranty issue, you will have to go back to the Original Seller. The Original Seller must then initiate the warranty process (via an authorized hobby store or dealer) on behalf of the new owner.

Only OFNA authorized hobby stores and dealers may initiate the warranty process. Authorized OFNA vendors must have an ACTIVE account with Great Planes or Horizon Hobbies.

jchas26 08-13-2007 08:08 PM

Well like I said I did not know any of this. I had a factory sealed box, serial numbers and warrenty card and the buggy is legit. I just wanted to be sure other folks did not make my mistake. I consider myself a pretty well educated adult and if I can make that mistake I know others could to. Just trying to help someone out. My lesson is to read EVERYTHING. but hey, evryone is guilty of not reading the fine print sometimes and I am a relative noob!

jbrow1 08-13-2007 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by jchas26 (Post 3577364)
Well like I said I did not know any of this. I had a factory sealed box, serial numbers and warrenty card and the buggy is legit. I just wanted to be sure other folks did not make my mistake. I consider myself a pretty well educated adult and if I can make that mistake I know others could to. Just trying to help someone out. My lesson is to read EVERYTHING. but hey, evryone is guilty of not reading the fine print sometimes and I am a relative noob!

I always wondered if manufacture-ers would warranty stuff bought from ebay stores. Thanks for answering that question for me, sorry you had to find out the hard way for both of us. That question has been the reason I have only ever bought used stuff from ebay. Guess I'll keep it that way.

That said, hope you get your buggy fixed and have alot of fun with it. Jammin is a good car :)

Timmahh 08-13-2007 10:06 PM

some normal lhs' do sell on ebay. so depending on seller, you may of got it from a ebay store, that truely has a brick and morter storefront selling legitimate R/Cs. if you can walk into a store and purchase the R/C and its warrenteed, then buying it from an online store, ebay or otherwise, should not kill the warrenty.

CEN warrenteed items for my CT5, that i purchased from an ebay store, but was also a brick and morter store too.

Hernz 08-14-2007 01:04 AM

i think that is kind of unfair. you just dropped loads of dough on their product. they shoulda helped you out , authorized dealer or not.

Frost99999 08-14-2007 08:06 AM

I see both sides. I think they should have helped you out, since the part was obviously defective, not missing.

If it had been missing,they could have just blamed a shady ebay seller, but defective is still defective, especially since the box was brand new and sealed.

jchas26 08-14-2007 09:01 AM

Ah I say that too, but live and learn. I am over it now. I won't lie and say I was pretty irritated at first but it is just a 12 dollar fix. I already have it running. I still really enjoy the buggy. Stuff just happens you know.

KThatcher 08-14-2007 09:44 AM

I had the exact opposite, i called and told them that my jp-3 pipe broke at the tip and they said no problem just for me to send it in and they would replace it. i have also called for numorous other issues and they have always been way helpful.i own a crt and a crt.5 i was in the market for a buggy and was gonna get an 8ight but because of OFNA's customer service i just bought the CR pro buggy..

Timmahh 08-14-2007 10:17 AM

aye, sometimes it seems it depends on WHO answers the damn phone.

while ive had excellent results with CS and warrenty items on my Baja with HPI. i see others saying they were denied for the same thing i was warrenteed. occassionally is a part the CS covered, that i never expected them too.

seems alot of these companys have very loose CS policies, and leaves the decision to cover or not, to the individual answering the phone, and very little training on how to handle certain issues as a company policy.

jbrow1 08-14-2007 09:42 PM

Hehe, I generally have 3 or 4 associated cars all the time. I got so mad at the beginning of summer I was seriously contemplating selling them all and going losi. All over a stupid fuel tank and a guy on the phone. I think it was during the time they were moving buildings, so I guess maybe that played into it. After a night of stewing about it I bought my own $10 fuel tank and am still loving my ae cars. I will say I've always had great service and communication from ae before and after this one time.
:)

Hernz 08-15-2007 03:24 AM

next time don't mention the place of purchase. :blush:

jchas26 08-15-2007 06:58 AM

Hah! no kidding!

-R2- 08-15-2007 03:25 PM

here is situation with warranties for Ofna, we need an actual transaction# from your purchase receipt or invoice to cover warranties do to the fact of products being sold overseas the tranaction covers you and us here at Ofna we had customers in the past abuse our policies and our trust giving them the benefit of the doubt. Our service reps require an invoice to be faxed or mailed with the defective product to validate the warranty and that transction# number is posted on the warranty invoice to show a valid purchase. I just unfortunate e-bay connot be counted as a valid transaction due to theft,used product,and overseas sells. And on the subject of JP pipes that were breaking at the tip did not require a a receipt because of the wrong pipe hanger (was not spring loaded) so we take tose pipes back and exchanges those for new ones without any questions we just require you to send it back so we can recv. the credit.

Dj
Ofna Racing