Community
Wiki Posts
Search

grit in gearbox cogs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default grit in gearbox cogs?

Has anyone else had little bits of grit jam the cogs which are u can see under the chassis?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Can you be a little more specific? What car, and what exactly are you referring to as a "cog?"
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re.grit pebbles in gear transmission

the grit flies into the throttle big gear and small throttle gear and jams them up. There is a slot under the chasis where i tried to put a little hundred mile tape.but it didn't stay there long.
the buggy my son has is a 1/10 scale 4wd nitro buggy the car has sidewinder on it.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

That would be the spur gear and the clutchbell gear. I've never had mine get anything in it that actually stuck and caused a problem. If you're running in gravel you may have more of a chance of that happening though. On my 1/10 scale truck I have had rocks in the track hit the flywheel when I land a jump and stall the truck. Has only ever happened twice in the last five years though.

Are you having problems with this happening or just wondering if it is something to worry about?