Wiki Posts
Search

c6,os speed,go modded

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default c6,os speed,go modded

Okay guys im trying to figured out what im going to do. I have both a 5 and 7 port go motor and never ran the 7 but have ran the 5 and i think its awsome. But im not sure if the go motor will run as fast as the os speed or the rb c6. My ideas are either to get the the 7 port go tech modded or just buy me a os speed or the rbc6 even thought about going with a modded c6. So if i t was u what would u guys do? This is going on my losi eight buggy. thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would not go with any modded engines. However the two engines you have should be good enough. I have a RB WS7II and a C6BB (still breaking it in) and the WS7III should be perfect IMO. I hear the C6BB is an absolute monster in the 8B because of its weight. So far I think that is going to be true, however I have a 6.5mm and 7mm venturi to try out in the C6BB. So far my WS7II hasn't let me down at all, and has all the punch I need. However for fun I tried all gold springs and 4 KH 7075 alum clutches, and that provided much more punch than what I was using. As long as I kept the 8 rolling, it was very usable punch. I do not like wheelspin btw.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A friend of mine had bought the GO motor and it was OK but didnt last long. I dont think I would spend money modding it but since you already have it why not run it. Surely it will be faster than the 5 port version.

If you want another engine either of the 2 you mentioned are fantastic. There may not be any more powerfull engines in existance. My next engine may be a Speed since I like the 2 v-specs I have now so much.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

The C6 is 4 grams lighter than the WS7III(big deal). You don't need a moded motor, so save your money. The RB's will out last those other motors & if you need more power than a C6 then I don't know what to say because it has plenty of power for any track any where. I'm running the C6 in an 8 with all silver springs & the power is very managable.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:32 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I ran a 2 year old second-hand WS7 II in an 8ight at our last race on a new track that actually had a decent straightaway. Guys from both my club and the club hosting the race we're coming up to me afterwards wanting to know what motor I was running. These were guys all running hot motors themselves including modded motors. I figure that's a pretty good testament of the speed and durability of RB engines.

I've probably just jinxed myself and this thing is gonna blow up on me this weekend.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
A friend of mine had bought the GO motor and it was OK but didnt last long.
Really? My Go 5port is running just great after nearly 5 gallons. I did replace a rod at 4 gallons as a precaution but it really didn't need it. I wouldn't mod a Go motor. It's simply not necessary.

RB's have slightly better run time however. And that's critical IMO.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My 5-port Go is still fairly new with about a gallon on it so I cannot attest to the longevity of it. It runs really strong and hangs with modded motors pretty well.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Although it is expensive, the OS Speed is probably the fastest motor out right now. Not to mention its fuel economy.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This guy in Australia knows heaps about Go Tech engines.
Send him an email, hes the man.
http://www.massivemods.com/FWS/modul...es_catalog.php
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

thanks guys keep it coming..
Old 08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Why is everyone so concerned about how fast a motor is, top end doesn't get you over jumps or through tight corners. I run a modded 5 port go motor and no one has ever pulled on me going down a long straight and I get better run time then v-specs.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by moparsrule
Why is everyone so concerned about how fast a motor is, top end doesn't get you over jumps or through tight corners. I run a modded 5 port go motor and no one has ever pulled on me going down a long straight and I get better run time then v-specs.
I seriously question the longer run time statement but agree with the rest.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Modding is debateable. IMHO, from what I have read, it will be better on fuel economy. And that would be the main reason to consider it. The stock Go7 is plenty fast coupled with a JP2, 086 , or most preffered an 053. Modding will likely also provide more power...but is it really needed? I say, if anything get a ceramic rear bearing for the Go engines...get an 053 pipe and a turbo button. Use the $ saved from not modding and buy tires
Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

My run time is between 12-13 minutes, I've never seen any one at the tracks I race at push a v-spec past 10 minutes.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

I can attest to moparsrule statements about runtime, it is true. but i will say that most people don't see that type of run time. Driver skill and proper setup makes a huge difference in run time. The Go motors will run as fast as the O.S. speed and RB. If you haven't yet put a turbo head button on your go engines and you will see. The 7port engine takes a little more setup to get perfect but it will run down the straightaway with the best of the best, I have seen it multiple times. I would reccomend just sending the Go 7port in to get modded and make sure you pick up Turbo head buttons for both. Average life of the Go engines is an extremely respectable 8-9 gallons of fuel I have seen many Go engines die at the 8 gallon mark on their original connecting rod.

No race is won on the straightaway and its faster to be quicker in the first 50% of the straighaway then the last 40% before you have to brake in the last 10%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.