R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my GO screams. i have the 7 port with jp-2 and 8mm insert. to this point i thas about 4 gallons on it. it does have rear ceramic bearing and turbo button on an OS-3 plug. in my 8ight with the team clutch set-up, two 7075with silver and two carbons with gold. it also just run a two hour endurance with no flameouts or failures. this motor is more then capable at any point on a track no matter how tight or technical, or with a 180 foot straight. in fact i usually catch guys at just the wrong point on the straight and have to get way out of the throttle until im sure just exactly which way they are going.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

WOW is all I can say! I just bought a used modded 7port with just under a gallon on it with a turbo head for $100.
All I can say is it screams...I run a jp-1 pipe and i can barely keep the wheels planted if it wasnt for the wing I think my buggy would lift off. The guy I bought from was frustrated with the tuning but I discovered a small vacuum leak, sealed it and now the car runs like a beast. The motor has soooo much punch I had to fatten up the bottem end to keep traction. Im thinking of getting the 053 pipe.

Just my 2 pennies worth

-Drew
draggindrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Last week,my GO7 with a 7mm restrictor and 2013 pipe was pulling an RB WS7III with an 8mm restrictor and JP2 down the 70ft straight. It's neck and neck halfway down the straight,then the GO7 started creeping away. GO is in an 8T and RB is in a CRT. My GO has around 5 race gallons on it,and I expect to get AT LEAST another 3 gallons out of it.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:23 AM   #19
Tech Regular

im running the werks tl21b7 pro and for only ($315 us) it is faster then my ninja bo1 and nova plus21-7bt just my two cents
Old 08-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i currently run a os speed. have been running it almost all summer now. i must say the motor is much smoother than a stock vspec and has more bottom but a standard vspec will run right with it. the thing that comes into play on the speed is life. i have around 6 gallons on it and i tore it apart and there is no rod slop at all. the motor has a great pinch left and is getting stronger the more i run it. its the perfect motor, power of a vspec, runtime of 10min, and it last!

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
FullThrottle Raceway Webmaster
KForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #21
Tech Elite

I would go with the C6. O.S. is a good motor and that would be my second choice. I don't know anything about Go motors. 7 port motors I think are the way to go. Smooth and strong powerband and not too torquey.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitdog View Post
im running the werks tl21b7 pro and for only ($315 us) it is faster then my ninja bo1 and nova plus21-7bt just my two cents
You found the Werks faster than your Nova Rossi? I have the Hot Mods version of the 21-7 and find the two motors very close although the Nova Rossi gets better fuel economy. Glad to hear it though.
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Last week,my GO7 with a 7mm restrictor and 2013 pipe was pulling an RB WS7III with an 8mm restrictor and JP2 down the 70ft straight. It's neck and neck halfway down the straight,then the GO7 started creeping away. GO is in an 8T and RB is in a CRT. My GO has around 5 race gallons on it,and I expect to get AT LEAST another 3 gallons out of it.

That's because he has the wrong pipe on his WS7III.
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Personally I'd stick with these 3 engine mfgs: RB, Novarossi and OS. All are proven winners, long lifespans and the companies themselves will be around for a VERY long time. With companies like that around, why take a risk?
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMike View Post
That's because he has the wrong pipe on his WS7III.
Correct. RB engines should use the 2020 or 2045 hands down. At least use a Novarossi based pipe. I had the JP2 on my WS7II (same powerband and speed as the WS7III) and the 2045 is so much better all around.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #26
Tech Regular

He was running the wrong pipe on the Go Tech 7port as well, correct pipe for a Go Tech is 053 or 086.

Rezencloud there's two reasons to take the risk, 1st reason is $100 kept in your pocket, 2nd reason is Racefactor Industries contingency program on the GO Tech engines. Those big companies don't care if you win sportsman buggy on a large club night at your local track. If you do well with a Go Tech in the U.S. you can win a free engine or even cash, why because the U.S. dist. beleives in supporting customers that support them.

As you can see the GO Techs are not leaving anything behind on the track.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I don't make the rules as to what pipe is for what engine. I can only tell you what happens every weekend,when I race against this particular truck,anyways. It's not just this truck either. My GO7,with the 2013,has never been pulled hard on a straight,when it was tuned correctly of course. Sooo many factors and I'm not gonna get into it. I was just stating my experience.

Rocket42-If you ever get the chance,give the 2013 a shot on the GO. It had ALOT more low-mid than the 086. I would not call it the "wrong pipe" by a longshot. I can honestly say though,I haven't gotten to try an 053 yet. That's next on the list.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:23 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

The Go is not as sensitive to various pipe changes like other engines for some reason.
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

has anyone raced the c6bbt7 and the speed motor? Thanks for all the help guys im going to put my new go7port back up for sale and the used 5 port up for sale.. I drove my buggy this weekend with my modded rb ws7x2 and it was wicked. so there for if your lookin for a go motor i have them 120 shipped for the used 5 port got 2/1/2 gallons on it good pinch left , then the 7 i want 160 shipped.. the 7 has been ran but has all new part inside including the following piston,sleeve,rod,and seals. has not been raced since the parts put in.. thanks for the help guys on finding me a motor
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This is my collection of motors and what I can tell you about them
EBMods vspec w os2050 pipe
Speed Vspec w os2060 pipe
CEO MODS RB C6 w 2045
hotmods nova P5X I like the jp3 on it.

Ok this is going in your buggy right?
my opinions are based on the 4 motor options above.
this is not wrote in stone just my thoughts.
the Speed in my opinion is the most reliable controlable highest hp motor I have ever ran. It has all the power of the c6 with out the nasty power hit. It is very controlable. week after week it needs very little tuning. the ebmods is a great motor also just a bit slower than the speed a good choice for a looser track. the ceo mods c6 is a truggy motor it has to much of a power hit and makes a buggy feel loose. its just as fast as a speed but not as smooth of a power band. the p5x is a good all around motor with a good controlable power comes on strong off the bottom and pulls for a long time it would place this motor just under the ebmods vspec.
so if i were to place it in order I would but the speed in the number 1 spot good all around if I only had the money for 1 motor I would by a speed with a 2060 pipe.

Well thats my 2 cents
Good luck cya
tdeal823 is offline   Reply With Quote