R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Where is the slipper on a 1/8th buggy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/176058-where-slipper-1-8th-buggy.html)

andrewtexas123 08-08-2007 07:09 AM

Where is the slipper on a 1/8th buggy?

Like the title says i need to find the slipper on my buggy so i can tighten it.. Where is it?

Thanks Andrew

R40Victim 08-08-2007 07:34 AM

Look through you instruction manual, it won't be in there, because 8th scale buggies don't have slippers. They are Nitro, not Electric, so they have a Clutch, not a slipper.

andrewtexas123 08-08-2007 07:37 AM

I dont have my instruction manuel thats why im postin on here:lol: How do i tighten the "Clutch"

V for Victory 08-08-2007 07:39 AM

buy a manuel and look through it and you will notice you cant tighten a buggy clutch.:lol: try changing to lighter springs?:confused:

K.Copeland 08-08-2007 08:10 AM

The clutch is the slipper. Going to lighter springs ( .9) and carbon/teflon/rulon shoes will slip a bit and are better suited for slippery tracks.

R40Victim 08-08-2007 08:16 AM

Go to the website of the company that made your buggy, and see if you can download instructions. That will explain what you need to do.

V for Victory 08-08-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by xrayeddy (Post 3561193)
The clutch is the slipper. Going to lighter springs ( .9) and carbon/teflon/rulon shoes will slip a bit and are better suited for slippery tracks.

he asked where to tighten the clutch, so he was refering to a slipper clutch which is not used on an 8th scale buggy.

K.Copeland 08-08-2007 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by V for Victory (Post 3561112)
buy a manuel and look through it and you will notice you cant tighten a buggy clutch.:lol: try changing to lighter springs?:confused:

So then why did you also tell him to go to lighter springs if they don't have slippers?

I'm not new to r/c there buddy and am fully aware that most 1/8 buggies dont have slippers. How do you know he doesn't have a 1/8 buggy with a slipper? I've seen a few 1/8's with slippers and brushless conversions.

RC Scoring Pro 08-08-2007 08:56 AM

Is there a hobby store in the area that you can go to ? Or maybe a track that races this weekend. Go to the nearest off-road 1/8th track this weekend and ask for 'Carlton'.

Mike Elam 08-08-2007 09:06 AM

also if you are wanting to tighten a slipper I am assuming it would be slipping so for the clutch you wouldnt want to go with lighter springs, teflon or carbon shoes. You would want heavier springs like a 1.1 with alum. shoes. to get more punch. What car do you have?

mugenlife 08-08-2007 09:13 AM

if he goes with a heavier clutch spring it will catch at a higher rpm and have more punch. lighter springs may seem more "boggy". teflon shoes would add "slip" but when they catch should have again more punch (but still slip more than the other shoes).. closest things to get to a slipper that works on most 1/8th scales i know of is the orion or werks clutches but then again it totally depends on what kind of car it is if it will work propperly...

Ravenzz 08-09-2007 07:36 AM

just becareful not to go to tight with springs or to hard with shoes, first time we did it, it slipped so much the car wouldnt go anywhere lol