R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Yea I've noticed that too

I'm aware of the music quality I'm using 192kbits but for some reason all of a sudden its gone whacko on me. I've been trying a lot of things lately. Somewhere along the line something has crept into my templates that is messing things up. I'm going to have to start off with a fresh non-edited template and see if I can figure out what's going on. If I knew more about this stuff I could zero in on whats wrong a lot quicker. But right now I'm in the know enough to be dangerous category The last few times I've gone out I've had a new piece of equipment to figure out as well. Now all that is bought and I can settle down and learn the stuff and get a lot more comfortable with it. Running 3 cameras is a chore. But the results are starting to get real good. By the fall I expect I'll have it all figured out until then its thrashing around and lots of gnashing of teeth Glad to hear people are enjoying them. Yea I'd like to be the guy that brings R/C to mainstream sports TV but I doubt that is possible. If I were in good health maybe but going to video one of these races just whipps me but good. I'm still out of it from last weekend and the weekend is almost here again. I'll keep going out and getting video as long as I can physically do it. Its therapy for me. Breaks up the boredom of sitting around the house all the time and keeps my mind active. The track owners tell me it helps with business so its a win situation for everyone involved. I figure it would take someone several years to learn all there is to editing. And several years to figure out the cameras, angles, filters etc. So I have something to mess with that will last me probably as long as I'm still able to do it. After that I'll have to figure out a way to mount a camera on my wheelchair and see how that works. Life doesn't have to suck if you have something screwed up happen to you.

Griz
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Default Arena Truck B-Main

This one is the Arena Truck B-Main. Finished this one and have quite a bit of the Gas Truck one done. I'll be putting that one out next.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Hou-Reg-B-Trug.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...Reg-B-Trug.wmv

Griz
Old 08-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Default Next up Colorado

I'm heading up to Denver next week to video at my old home track Rat Raceway. The Colorado Nitro Off-Road Championships are next weekend. I raced at the first one but haven't been able to get back up there since I moved back to Tx. Awesome track and facilities should make for some killer video. The track has a few unique features and some killer camera spots. I'll be figuring all that out the first couple of days so the Sunday mains should be perfect. 3 of my vids are up for the WeShow Award this month. They are in level II right now and today is the last day to vote on that level. The suspense is killing me as you can't see who is ahead until its all over. There are 10 vids in level II so I have good odds for sure with 3 of the 10 being mine. If I win this week I go up against all the other categories in my channel. Unfortunately video games and some other high traffic subjects are in the full channel so I figure my chances are slim to win the category. But if I take the top R/C vid I'll be plenty happy.

Griz
Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #19
Tech Addict

If the builder/operator of that track pays attention to this thread, I have a suggestion. Bury the ends of those pipes. It looks a lot cleaner and allows the drivers to commit a lot more aggressively without getting hung up.
One suggestion for the videographer (cool technical term) would be to get more distance on some shots. Less extreme close work would give the viewer a better sense of the action.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Default You are in the minority

I think I've had maybe 2 people complain about the closeups. Most people like them so I'm gonna keep doing them. I usually use the camera that is in my hands to get overall shots but that weekend one of the legs on my monopod was broken so for the most part I used all tripod shots. Trip to Colorado got cancelled when my car went berzerk yesterday. Gotta deal with that now so I don't know when I'll get back out to do some more video.

Griz