Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on the Jammin FTE Quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default Opinions on the Jammin FTE Quality

I am curious to know what are people's opinions on the latest Jammin Buggy as far as performance and quality of parts.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The performance and quality are on par with all of the other major manufacturers. I ran it for about 2 years and overall was happy with it. The only thing I think they should do is have rebuildable universals rather than having to replace them when they wear out. That would be a nice improvement.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's kick azz! I was happy with the non-rebuildable universals because there was no chance of anything falling apart.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just get an X-Ray. It's the highest quality car I've ever seen. It's extremely durable also.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have been running the CR FTE since its release. I am on my second FTE buggy and before that I had a Pro kit so when the FTE kit came out i was about do for a new buggy anyway.
the cr fte will run with the best of them no dout.
I think the jammin is a tough car it takes a lot to break something.

pm me i am putting my back up car for sale soon
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

got an used FTE in trade for on of my 1/5th onroads. this thing is built like a brick sh*thouse!! very solid design. form the 5mm shock towers, Beefed up Fand R diffs, CF pieces, big bore shocks, outstanding steering setup in my opinion. i liked what i seen in researching them, and now that i own one, im very happy to have it.
im quite pleased with the trade and the Jammin. this being my 1st 1/8th buggy. i looked around, and decided on 4 or 5 to really look at Seriously, then found the trade deal for the jammin. has a new Jammin .21 motor on it with 4 tanks thru, and i beleive it, still rich tuned, and runs like a rapped ape!!!!

get one if your thinking of it, you ll be happy. i ve done a lot of reasearch latly, and for the cost, you wont go wrong with a Jammin.

JM2C.
Timmahh
Old 08-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

cain, beleave me when i say the jammin is a kick butt buggy (doent care for the crt)....the only thing i doent like is the stock breaks....
Old 08-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran the fte for a season and a half and was very pleased . The only thing I found was that the car liked to push and it was on the heavy side. Other than that I was happy. I just recently switched to the Losi 8 and it is a night and day change from driving styles and the weight ratio.
SO to all who are thinking of the jammin got for it it is a nice car and will do great...

Just my .02$
Old 08-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've run a Jammin CR factory team for two seasons and it's not as durable as the kyosho, mugen, or xray. The outdrive cups and universals were quickly, the shocks don't last very long, and the chassis wears fast. Basically the metal parts are as high quality as the other manufacturers. I've driven the other buggies and the jammin drives the best by far, but you will have to do more mantienence.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The metal parts are NOT as high of quality as the other manufacterers.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

I have a FTE also i love the car, it handles great, takes a beating and is by far one of my favorites i have ran to date. I have ran the all 3 kinds of jammin cr's and its alot better then the rtr or pro
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I have ran mine alot and it is a great buggy.Tough as they come,I think.I have replaced my center uni's but after about the 10th gallon.To me that dont seem like something to worry about,thats alot of laps.The only other thing is keep fresh shock bushings in so the shocks stay tight and dont leak.But I get a couple race days out of those and the rebuild kits are cheep.I put the CnC acorman arm on(stocker bent) and a 1 piece motor mount(just for ease of maintenance) and have ran the thing a ton.Great rig.I have seen alot newer "other" brand of buggies than mine with alot more slop in them.

I like mine and wouldn't trade it for any other...except maybe a new Jammin.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well said my brother ! See you tomorrow!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin"145
I have ran mine alot and it is a great buggy.Tough as they come,I think.I have replaced my center uni's but after about the 10th gallon.To me that dont seem like something to worry about,thats alot of laps.The only other thing is keep fresh shock bushings in so the shocks stay tight and dont leak.But I get a couple race days out of those and the rebuild kits are cheep.I put the CnC acorman arm on(stocker bent) and a 1 piece motor mount(just for ease of maintenance) and have ran the thing a ton.Great rig.I have seen alot newer "other" brand of buggies than mine with alot more slop in them.

I like mine and wouldn't trade it for any other...except maybe a new Jammin.

Well Said, But why would you want a new one. They seem to work better after you have a couple of gallons through it.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by associatedguy
Just get an X-Ray. It's the highest quality car I've ever seen. It's extremely durable also.
Yeah, go ahead and do that and have an outdated car every 6 months when they release a new one.

As far as wear goes on the Jammin'. I've owned Mugen's and the Losi. The car doesn't wear any fast than those two. On the universals, make sure and use a quality chain lube (I use bel-ray) and they will last a LONG time. My diff outdrives have 4 gallons on them with no wear at all. Other than that everything else is up to par with all of the other manufacturers. The first run of these cars had some problems with the hardening process on the metal and alot of the metal parts on the car suffered premature failure. A little slop in these cars isn't a bad thing. It's funny how people badmouth all of these cars about their durability. Hobao is the one who makes the plastic for Kyosho, LOL. And yes, I know this is a Hong-Nor car.

I had to wrench on that Losi a ton more than I've ever had to with this Jammin' car. I also found myself replacing the arms on frequent basis due to them bowing after a couple club races. The cross pins in the diff cups would end up moving also and would affect the performance of the diff.

You won't find better support from any manufacturer. Setups and helpful tips can be found at www.jamminproducts.com This is a solid, competitive car. You can throw a setup on it and it'll work anywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.