Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree23Likes

Kyosho ST-RR

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho ST-RR
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Current running upgrades/Mods people are doing to this truck late 2016/early 2017.

-Chassis Options
m2c2850 KYOSHO STRR EVO WEIGHT FOWARD TRUGGY

-Engine Mount Option
IFW102 - Blue narrower Mount. Allows you to put Lock Nuts on top of screws that hold the Mount plates in.
Agama motor mount AGM6206

-For MP9 Knuckle conversion
Kyosho IF419 MP9 Knuckles
Kyosho IFW436 16degree Hub Carrier
Kyosho IF420 Knuckle Arm Collar (slightly thinner than STRR one)
Kyosho IF467 Long King Pin

-Strengthening upgrades
King Headz KP-360-BLK Front Torque Arm
King Headz KP-372RR-BLK Rear Torque Arm (extended chassis)
King Headz KP-300LB-BLK Lower Front Holder ‘B’
King Headz KP-300UL-BLK Front Upper Holder ‘L’
King Headz KP-329 Rear Brace Mount
IS157 Hardened Diff Case from Psycho Kruiser
IGW002GM Alum Rear Hubs
HB Outdrives #67197

-Replacing C-Clip Hinge Pins on Inner Susp Holder
HPI 109848 Hing Pins
Racers Edge/KFactory RCEK8034 Pins (Very hard to find)
or
Replace complete A/B/C/D Blocks with:
*M2C m2c2510 KYOSHO ST-RR/ EVO REAR TOE BLOCK
*M2C m2c2520 KYOSHO STRR EVO TRUGGY FRONT LOWER ANTIDIVER KIT

-Servo Saver Mod
IFW450 MP9 SS Alum Upper Arm
IF417 MP9 SS Lower Assembly

(See http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=4112 for full pics and description).

-Performance Updates
IFW327BL Blue Narrow Hexes (typically run on front).

-Bodies Options
RC8T Bulldog Body (discontinued late 2016).

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Most likely a new updated K truggy will cost more then all the other truggies on the market. So is the market and demand for it worth there time and the potential of not making the type of profit they'd like?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

I'd just like for K to come out with an updated truggy that consisted of ditching the eclips, plastic hinge plates, the pop on front and rear chassis brases,the cast steering knuckles, plastic c-hubs, plastic rear hubs and making they're own weight forward chassis. I don't think these changes are too much to ask for or would be hard for them to do and you'd think it would keep it in the same ball park as the current price. Maybe not though. That new X-ray truggy does look nice though
Old 08-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All they would have to do would be to redesign the diff cases to accept tki4 mounting hardware, then modify the geomtry of the suspention plates to suit the truggy.

A weight forward chassis would require a new chassis, new front and rear centre driveshafts.

New knuckles would be just put the tki knuckles instead of the cast ones, maybe modify the arm a little to make it fit.

Im not an engineer or manufacturer, but nothing there sounds difficult in the slightest, or expensive.
big lou likes this.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The OLD ST-r damn near took a podium spot at the provincial trophy race this weekend. had fourth on lock and was chasing down third when my rx pack died 52minutes in the hour long main.

big lou likes this.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I understand it's an old dog! But it has plenty of fight left if set up properly! Shit I love mine to death! And I've owned a few trucks to say the least..
Old 08-28-2017, 12:20 AM
DGP
Tech Initiate

Broke the stupid Front C Hub again at a club day. So I have decided to replace it with the MP9 recommendation in the Wiki above.
My question is: Can I used the stock Evo 2 spindle? Its the machined alloy one.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

I did that mod as soon as it came out a couple years ago.I use to break the plastic c-hubs routinely
Old 08-29-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)
Default Strr

If anyone needs anything parts wise pm me I've got a ton of stuff for these truggys I just wasn't going to post a ton of lil parts In the for sale section so just pm me what you need and a number or email and I'll let you know if I have it or not if I do I'll send pics I've got tons of king headz and m2c pieces extra aluminum not the cast ones but I've got those to steering knuckles I'm going to try and make a lil post in forsale section but I figured in the mean time if someone needed some help if I can I will god knows I've had some help from some amazing guys on here

Last edited by thumper_pa; 08-30-2017 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)
Default C hubs

Originally Posted by DGP
Broke the stupid Front C Hub again at a club day. So I have decided to replace it with the MP9 recommendation in the Wiki above.
My question is: Can I used the stock Evo 2 spindle? Its the machined alloy one.
I'm working on building a set of aluminum strr specific c hubs I got my prototype set that I made on a 3D printer I just need to buy the aluminum and get some spare time on a cnc machine I want to buy a small cnc but right now money just not good enough for that I'm lucky I have access to a milling machine and a few other cool tools so once I successfully make a set I'll let you guys know and if I get enough guys wanting them I'll make a few sets
Old 09-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I've just picked up an strr this is my 1st truggy and still kind of new to nitro rc cars

What's the story on getting replacement parts on this car?

Can you use parts from say a mugen if parts are in short supply

I'll have a good read over the whole thread when I get time but it's a good size thread

Thanks
Old 09-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well my 12 yr old spiral cut ring and pinion finally let go on the front today
You were a good truck mr kyosho but its time for you to retire.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gavel
All they would have to do would be to redesign the diff cases to accept tki4 mounting hardware, then modify the geomtry of the suspention plates to suit the truggy.

A weight forward chassis would require a new chassis, new front and rear centre driveshafts.

New knuckles would be just put the tki knuckles instead of the cast ones, maybe modify the arm a little to make it fit.

Im not an engineer or manufacturer, but nothing there sounds difficult in the slightest, or expensive.
Honestly the biggest issue i found with mine is the weight. Ready to run easily 500 gram heavier than say a tekno truck. I know because i ran them back to back. The weight takes its toll on accelaration, braking, cornering, engines, clutches and tires and in a competition where 0.5 of a second a lap can mean difference between podium or 11th, i found it too heavy. I never had a problem with its handling/turning.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:57 AM
DGP
Tech Initiate

Absolutely loving this M2C EVO. What a difference.
big lou likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
Honestly the biggest issue i found with mine is the weight. Ready to run easily 500 gram heavier than say a tekno truck. I know because i ran them back to back. The weight takes its toll on accelaration, braking, cornering, engines, clutches and tires and in a competition where 0.5 of a second a lap can mean difference between podium or 11th, i found it too heavy. I never had a problem with its handling/turning.
Its heavy for sure, and i have no fixes beyond titanium, but at the end of the day, even at 500 grams heavier then the teckno its still competitive, which to me says more positive things then nagetive. If anything it just says this truck would really be worth an update, and just add a bit of weight reduction while your at it.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Ive raced this truggy and several others over the past 15 years. If you compare it to a mugen or tekno its garbage....huge disappointment IMO. Kyosho should pull it off the market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.