Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tuning Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Have you got your idle screw set so that ther is about 1mm opening at no throttle? You may have your idle set to low and trying to compensate by leaning the bottom. I run the 97t and 99t in my B7 Pro, IT RIPS These motors like a fat bottom to run best from what I have found.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

short and long body turbo plugs are mostly for humidity, most people outside of texas will run the c6tf short body plugs. if your humidity is over 70% then you need the long body plug c6tc. the 7 series plugs are great when it's over 80 degrees outside and you get a bit more rpm too but they're harder to tune.

it seems like you may be lean on the top end trying to compensate for the rich low end. does your engine return to a stable idle quickly after a wot run or does it idle high for 5 or more seconds?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
short and long body turbo plugs are mostly for humidity, most people outside of texas will run the c6tf short body plugs. if your humidity is over 70% then you need the long body plug c6tc. the 7 series plugs are great when it's over 80 degrees outside and you get a bit more rpm too but they're harder to tune.

it seems like you may be lean on the top end trying to compensate for the rich low end. does your engine return to a stable idle quickly after a wot run or does it idle high for 5 or more seconds?
Thank you for the explanation of the long and short turbo plugs!

Right now it will idle high for 3-5 seconds and then at that point it will bog and die within another couple seconds. The c6tf plugs and the od 97T were the ones I was burning up. Right now our humidity in the NE is pretty high.

I think I'm going to try an OS p3 and go from there they say that plug will make anything idle.