Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor??? >

Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor???

Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor???

Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Telemetry vs. Reality

Well, it seems that I was not the only one that was wondering: “Why not buy an ‘upgradeable’ radio that can send and ‘receive’ information from my Rx?”

Now, I was also not the only one thinking: “Why such a break true idea is not sailing as much when it is been offered at a very competitive price?”

There is not middle point on opinions here, people either hate it or love it.

So fat, this thread has been very useful.
I personally like the comment that rezenclowd3 made advising: buy your radio for the way it feels, you don’t get to use all the features that comes with it; or the point about never looking at the radio screen during a race (dirtdustingdavo) but you have the vibration alerts, etc

Now Cain mentioned about this guy: http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1300 The nitro Telemetry pack from Spektrum for $140.

If somebody else have tried or owns a Nomadio React or this Telemetry Pack from Spektrum please post your comments.
Attached Thumbnails Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor???-nomadio-react.jpg   Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor???-nitro-telemetry-pack.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't own a Namadio (yet) as most of my racing is mini's in the winter and their RX is just too big to fit in the 18th and 16th scale cars I run. They might fit if I took the guts out of the case, but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out as my current rig is working perfectly every time I need it to. As soon as this issue is addressed (I've been told it will be soon) I'll be getting the React.

That said, several local buggy/truggy/MT racers made the switch to the React this year and so far the only complaint I've heard is one of them didn't like that his steering was too fast compared to the M11 he was using prior to making the switch.

I'm still using an M8 with spektrum module and it does everything I need for off road racing. I've been using an M8 for what seems like forever and have tried both the 3PK and M11 but couldn't see enough difference between these rigs and my M8 to justify the cost, but neither of them is as light as the React and their software can't be upgraded.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fhm555;3526042That said, several local buggy/truggy/MT racers made the switch to the React this year and so far the [B
only[/B] complaint I've heard is one of them didn't like that his steering was too fast compared to the M11 he was using prior to making the switch.
The "steering" is not faster. However there is less latency IF he is using the Spektrum. Otherwise if he is using AM or FM still, that is just as fast or faster than the Nomadio, however not as precise.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
The "steering" is not faster. However there is less latency IF he is using the Spektrum. Otherwise if he is using AM or FM still, that is just as fast or faster than the Nomadio, however not as precise.
Whatever it was I also noticed I was grossly oversteering with the React when I tried it compared to my M8/spek, or the 75mhz Fm M11 I also tried the same day. Once I adjusted for the quicker reaction to my inputs/shorter steering wheel throw all was well. It could well have been the shorter throw on the React compared to the air radios that had him messed up. Whatever the reason, the guy was having trouble with adjusting to the steering speed of React.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Where do you blokes get transceivers for $90? They are double that here in Aus, and thats if your lucky... Can some one provide a link please?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtdustingdavo
Where do you blokes get transceivers for $90? They are double that here in Aus, and thats if your lucky... Can some one provide a link please?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7639

Try here. Dont know what the shipping will be to Aus.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

steering being to fast is an easy fix in the radio. Nomadio is waiting on FCC approval of a mini receiver. It will be much smaller, with no sensor hook ups. I have nomadio transceivers in all over my cars, and they are a little tight in the 8ight's but i dont need to go in to the radio box to often.

The nomadio is a good system. The radio is very light which is easier on the arms during longer mains. The software does get updated, but not very often. Like once every few months, which could be a good thing.

Maybe its just my opinion, but when your racing, why do you care what your radio looks like. You should be looking at your car, not the radio. If you are looking at the radio, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What I bought

Well, following all of your guy’s advices. I went to three of the local raceways and asked people to let me hold their radios and tell me what they think.

No many people gave me a good feedback on the Nomadio radios. Either they don’t now anything about them or they hearted that somebody told somebody that there was a problem.
I leaved me with:
Spektrum Dx3.0 (but people told me that they don’t have all the adjustments that I will need for racing.) Even though the person that won the truggy class was using a DX3.0.
The M11 and M8 were great radios buy a little heavy for my when I held them
KO Propo EX-10 Helios (felt great on your hands heavy on your pocket $$)
Futaba 3PK: (felt great, looks good, no bad comments and I fond one used for a ok price.)

That is what I bought. I am waiting for it and here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor???-my-futaba-3pk-front.jpg   Should I buy a Nomadio Sensor???-my-futaba-3pk-box.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Questons

... Now:

What do you guys think about this radio???

Any tips??

It doesn’t come with the manual.
Does anybody know how to get the manual?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

great choice. But I think you could find a helios for around 200, that's not too expensive! But If I didn't have one, then I would have gone with the futaba as well. Try going to futaba home web page and see if you can download it!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

here is the radio that you need!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtdustingdavo
You do realize that they mean USD, not Australian, right?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Nice pickup.

The futaba website should have manuals to download. If not call them and see if you can buy one.

I have the DX3 and other than one adjustment (I forget what its called off hand it but lets you configure how much initial movement takes place on the throttle pull, good for nitro) I have everything I need. Its just short on model memory.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Found the Manual

Found the manual:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html

Thanks for the tip.

Why do we have to wait????
Old 07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
here is the radio that you need!!!

That has some solid, solid really solid features.

Take care Marcos, great name by de way. Marcos here to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.