Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
looking to get into nitro >

looking to get into nitro

looking to get into nitro

Old 07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default looking to get into nitro

I'm looking to get into nitro. I run losi type R and MF2 electric now. I'm looking at Team Losi XXX-NT Adam Drake 2 Kit. My biggest question is what do I need in nitro to run competitively with any nitro truck. As you see I'm a Losi fan BUT I'm more then willing to listen to suggestions on any truck.

Second, my son runs electric buggy and is not a Losi fan. (Don't have to worry about him taking my parts and not replacing them, thank god). Any way he runs a 4 wheel buggy and is also looking into running nitro. Any suggestion for 4 wheel nitro buggy for him?

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default thank you all for your help

thank you all for your help
Old 07-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Strong Island in the house!!! Sorry about that, Rick..Im a New Yorker implanted in Dallas... Well, Just a little bio..I run the Losi 1/8 scale buggy and truggy,but when it came to 1/10 stadium truck i chose the Associated GT2. I drove both of the truck's(losi & assoc) and i found the GT2 fitting my driving style better. I also had some fitment problem's with my truck and associated customer service is awsome..They sent me everything i needed including a fuel tank. Out of the box the truck is competitive, only thing needed is a nice tire selection.You really can't go wrong with either one and ths of course is just my opinion, But i do own 3 of these truck's now(wify needed one too.)and a extra one for part's.. Good luck on your search and see if you can test drive someone's at your local track...Hope this helped....
Carl.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As for 1/10th scale nitro buggy, it's non exsistant. I haven't seen any track's that have that class. He would have to get a 8th scale..
Old 07-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What vehicles have parts available to you locally? I would start there for 1/8 scale buggy parts (assuming that is what you son is wanting).

If parts are not an issue, I have actually been quite happy with my CEN Matrix. Its ultra durable and cheap too. I have a warchest of parts for it, and haven't had to use any and have given it some good tumbles and crashes.

Best bet, show him whats out there and let him pick.

As for nitro stadium truck, both vehicles are good. Main thing is get an engine that is very smooth since you really need throttle control with all that power in a 2wd vehicle. Seen guys with really torquey engines all over the place when they went to race even with the right setup.

If your track would allow it, you should try that whole lipo with brushless thing that the NC guys like Craps are doing. they run nitro and electric stadiums together. Electric guys have to pit too, but with lipo they easily make runtimes of 20 minutes. Seems to have brought electric back to the forefront in there area.

Good luck and its great to hear another father and son driving together.