R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Here is why I dont buy Xray Product's

Here is something for all you people that dont like Xray and there Rude Team Drivers. This is why I wouldnt buy there products or support something that makes our Hobby look Bad.

http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15198

http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15211

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB2...t=3155&start=0
Houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

What an ego on that guy . I can't believe a sponsored driver would behave that way. I am in the market for a truggy but after reading that thread & his so called apology (Gotta love that )

Quote:
"I do understand my actions were nowhere near tolerable, and I am sorry, if I hit you if you trying to marshall me, but I would never intend to do that... I had a lot of trouble with a certain individual in my truck class, and race management did nothing about it, and I acted like this only after I had asked nicely. I don't have any problem when racing is clean, but hey, what can you expect, and I do apologize, I was reprimanded, and you will see a dramatic change in attitude from this race forth and yes I do agree it is sad that it's taken this. But once again you do have my apology, and all I expect is for people to know the rules/sportsmanship when the leader or someone lapping you is coming around."

I think I'll stay away from the XT8. By the way I started the last link you posted on Mikes & it looks like it was deleted. Rocco sure didn't like you very much.

Last edited by II Fast; 07-19-2007 at 06:34 PM.
II Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thats crazy. Rocco is young guy, I guess he has never learned to control himself. Thats to bad because he could be a good guy. And stuff like this never makes our hobby look good.

Bobby
prphze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I haven't seen the video, but if you browse the Xray forum you will see that Rocco participates more actively than anyone and is very helpful/polite to new and experienced racers. People have bad days and make poor decisions. Do you think Xray is the only one that apparently has rude team drivers? I know a Jammin driver that came up to Canada for a race that was acting like a child on the driver's stand. If you are going to let one incident turn you away from Xray sure, but as it has no direct effect on your life why not buy a quality kit that you will be happy with. Just my 2 cents.
-Kane
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Tech Regular

I agree it wouldnt stop me buying xray, is there a vid of him goin off, if so where?
FrankBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

The third link has been deleted, And kane-o, This guy has had 49 bad days on the drivers stand. But if you were the owner of the company would you what him representing you and your company? I think its on s-grid to, I just havent had a chance to look for it.

Last edited by Houdini; 07-19-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the links. That was some serious drama. Rocco is such a giant douche that I almost feel like warming up the 'ol photochop machine. Is he related to Lee Hotti?
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

If I was the owner, he would not be on the team if he does it again after he has been warned, period. You are doing more than just racing our vehicles, you represent us to the public.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
Thanks for the links. That was some serious drama. Rocco is such a giant douche that I almost feel like warming up the 'ol photochop machine. Is he related to Lee Hotti?

II Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
If I was the owner, he would not be on the team if he does it again after he has been warned, period. You are doing more than just racing our vehicles, you represent us to the public.
I read that one of the xray team managers was at the race and did nothing to curb his behavior. Definitely bad PR for xray...
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:

Thats funny!
Kolor Koncepts

TARDO= Keyboard Commando

My Toy Car is Faster than Your Toy Car! Trust Me!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
I read that one of the xray team managers was at the race and did nothing to curb his behavior. Definitely bad PR for xray...

Definitely Bad PR, I wonder who was there with him?
Kolor Koncepts

TARDO= Keyboard Commando

Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

i dont know why xray would put up with that????being a good driver doesnt give you the rite to treat others like dirt!!!!!!!!!!and not to mention the shame he has put on a great Co. with great products like xray....drake didnt make it to where he is now by just being a great driver, he did it by being a great guy, and repping his sponsors in great fashion....i dont feel sorry for xray cause they can do something about it, but strange enough i feel sorry for rocco for being such an A-hole cause it will come back onto him 10 times over (carma is a mother F'er when its against you)...

however i still want a XT8 and plan to buy one this winter....i just hope xray does the rite thing...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wonder why people put up with Barry Baker????
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
i dont know why xray would put up with that????being a good driver doesnt give you the rite to treat others like dirt!!!!!!!!!!and not to mention the shame he has put on a great Co. with great products like xray....drake didnt make it to where he is now by just being a great driver, he did it by being a great guy, and repping his sponsors in great fashion....i dont feel sorry for xray cause they can do something about it, but strange enough i feel sorry for rocco for being such an A-hole cause it will come back onto him 10 times over (carma is a mother F'er when its against you)...

however i still want a XT8 and plan to buy one this winter....i just hope xray does the rite thing...
Jason, by then they will have come out with the xt8 tq or something
Kolor Koncepts

TARDO= Keyboard Commando