R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just to be clear I don't know the guy and obviously did not witness the incident. I'm just saying if someone screamed and cussed me I wouldn't be crying about it on some forum I'd be handling my business if you know what I mean.
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #47
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlsu1 View Post
This entire issue is silly. Bottom line if someone screamed and cussed at me on the driver's stand or any other place at the track I would knock there AZZ OUT, period end of story. I may end up getting knocked out but the first sting will be delivered by me. Some one should calmly place there radio down and walk over and pop his azz and maybe he would think twice about running his mouth. I have no problem with someone expressing displeasure but screaming and cussing me, that's OUT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlsu1 View Post
Just to be clear I don't know the guy and obviously did not witness the incident. I'm just saying if someone screamed and cussed me I wouldn't be crying about it on some forum I'd be handling my business if you know what I mean.

That's all fine and dandy if you want to start a fight with somebody. But this thread is not meant for that. I am just purely stating my opinion. And if you do start a fight with somebody on the drivers stand, doesn't that make our hobby look worse? And then your just putting yourself on their level.
Houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 AM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
That's all fine and dandy if you want to start a fight with somebody. But this thread is not meant for that. I am just purely stating my opinion. And if you do start a fight with somebody on the drivers stand, doesn't that make our hobby look worse? And then your just putting yourself on their level.
I agree with you but starting threads like this just discourages people to show up to the track in your area. I have seen a lot of threads started someone like this about tracks in our area and all it ends up doing is killing the scene. I think it would probably be best to just handle it face to face like an adult or move on. You are getting rid of your Xray stuff or not buying because you don't like one person on their team...ok you have made your point and we respect that.

FYI... I have seen fully sponsored Jammin drivers blow up on the stand at people, jump their cars off into fields, run them into walls in fits of rage and the list goes on and the same goes for Associated.

You could try Losi I guess but I am sure someone has seen them blow up too.

Are all of you putting your stuff in the for sale thread or Ebay?
*Topher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

we ALL do it we just deal with it in different ways, just maybe not on the drivers stand in the heat of the moment. But to let an incident that indirectly has NOTHING to do with you, or your race program, to hang you up like this???? I sense some animosity / hating as well here, and IM NOT taking sides. But I know a lot of people out here are looking for deals and are nice guys who can for the most part control their action while under heat, and It pisses you off to hear a sponsored guy is being like this, and you have no deal. I'm sure Rocco is a good guy as well, hes human, and we make mistakes, PERIOD. If Xray management says they handled it to the best of their ability, lets let them hash out the politics to be dealt with here, its Xray's issue, so why are we escalating it? This topic is silly, and really should be deleted. I also want to say this. I just recently got back into RC. I raced as a kid 19 yrs ago @ R&R Hobby in Quincy,Il, I can remember LOTS of big names cussing / throwing pussified fits on drivers stand( I even remember a sailing Airtronics Xl2p radio) and I was 15, it was present in rc racing then and it always will be. I just attended my first sanctioned race in 19 years, and guess what? I Seen the same thing over on my first day back...you know why? Its called human nature people, we need to learn to adjust / ignore when the time is right. For the people who say they wont buy Xray now.........wow.thats just foolish, one drivers actions/bad day have NOTHING to do with Xrays pride they take in satisfying the customer with a good quality product / service.........JM .02 Peace Trevor
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #50
Tech Initiate

I would agree with you 2, but this is not the first time it has happened. Not the 2nd, nor the 3rd. Its a on going problem. And it not just one person its several of them. Of course the one person got me started on all them, but so be it. So therefore if these company's are going to support people like this, then i wont buy there stuff. Would you still feel the same way if Michael Vick was representing Xray? Probably Not. But Thanks for your opinions, if you agree with me or not.
Houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I don't know why the mods don't squash these negative threads every time they start. We have freedom of speech in America but this is not a "public" forum, it's a membership and it's also not a democracy. There is no reason for this kind of thread to exist on any of these forms and they should all be deleted.

Oh, selling your Xray stuff because of what you've read here is silly. Did you believe in the quality of the products when you bought them? Has the product treated you well while you've owned it? If yes, keep your stuff. Everybody knows it's good stuff and sooner or later you will come across somebody that you don't agree with that is running the same stuff as you. I don't own a single Xray product by the way, just sayin'...
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

everyones balls are bigger on the computer rather than in person i guess lol

for those of you who dont know rocco he is really an aeseom guy and always willing to help but like 99% of the racing population he is dedicated and intense about his racing and lets his emotions get the best of him just like everyone else has done in this sport.
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
I don't know why the mods don't squash these negative threads every time they start. We have freedom of speech in America but this is not a "public" forum, it's a membership and it's also not a democracy. There is no reason for this kind of thread to exist on any of these forms and they should all be deleted.

Oh, selling your Xray stuff because of what you've read here is silly. Did you believe in the quality of the products when you bought them? Has the product treated you well while you've owned it? If yes, keep your stuff. Everybody knows it's good stuff and sooner or later you will come across somebody that you don't agree with that is running the same stuff as you. I don't own a single Xray product by the way, just sayin'...

I think you don't have a clue. I agree with some things this guy is saying and some I don't. But you must not have read any of the other stuff on the other boards. And it is a public forum, I paid for mine and I can discuss it. And I don't think it should be deleted. And it he is not telling anybody to sell there Xray stuff, he is saying he is not buying there products anymore.
Kolor Koncepts

TARDO= Keyboard Commando

My Toy Car is Faster than Your Toy Car! Trust Me!
prphze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we need good race controllers.

for both calling when someone is being lapped, give warnings and banning people who are abusive to marshalls/other drivers, and even warn of lazy marshalls who just huddle around and chit chat because they are too good to marshall.

if a race controller puts his foot down on for these bad behaviour, then most of problems at the track could be averted.

unfortunatly at my track, the race controller chucks the biggest dummy fits of everyone. thus i dont race there no more
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prphze View Post
I think you don't have a clue. I agree with some things this guy is saying and some I don't. But you must not have read any of the other stuff on the other boards. And it is a public forum, I paid for mine and I can discuss it. And I don't think it should be deleted. And it he is not telling anybody to sell there Xray stuff, he is saying he is not buying there products anymore.
Whatever... If you want to participate in a vengeful whine session about some guy that 99% or the other readers and posters here will never meet or have any experience with then more power to ya'. These threads and this type of discussion are a waste of time and they turn off new guys. There is nothing constructive coming out of this thread or any other like it. BTW, this thread is called "Here's why I don't but Xray products", not "Here's what I saw an individual at my local track do".

I still say delete it. But I don't have a clue...
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

selling your xray equipment is NOT the thing to do. your costing your self more money and your gonna settle with a (car,truggy or buggy) that you don't like as much. this thread is the right thing to do, get the word out about drivers that are making this fun and enjoyable hobby into a fight fest, or what ever its turning into. pass the word onto different sites and in the hobby shops. Xray is tooooo big of a company for you guys to effect them in there pocket book. Word of mouth moves faster that money. Just my opinion ....mike
mike williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
These threads and this type of discussion are a waste of time and they turn off new guys. There is nothing constructive coming out of this thread or any other like it.
If someone committed an offense that harmed the community 300 years ago, he/she would usually wind up in one of these contraptions for a couple of days:

Local citizens would shame the transgressor by throwing garbage, feces, and insults at him/her while locked up; this behavior modification device worked wonders in small, tight-knit communities where the whole village participated in policing itself. In the 21st century, we're not quite so barbaric. Instead of stockades, we have message boards. If threads like this one can curb trackside temper tantrums and downright rude behavior that ruin the fun for everyone and make people think twice about bringing their children (the future of this hobby) to the races, I say go for it.

OK, I'm done. For real this time. Just had to defend Houdini a little bit.

Last edited by Leodis; 07-21-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike williams View Post
selling your xray equipment is NOT the thing to do. your costing your self more money and your gonna settle with a (car,truggy or buggy) that you don't like as much. this thread is the right thing to do, get the word out about drivers that are making this fun and enjoyable hobby into a fight fest, or what ever its turning into. pass the word onto different sites and in the hobby shops. Xray is tooooo big of a company for you guys to effect them in there pocket book. Word of mouth moves faster that money. Just my opinion ....mike
you have a good point....this would never happen, but maybe if i act like a complete a$$ xray would give me a chassis sponsor also, guess im screwed though im told im kind of a nice guy....so maybe ill just buy the XT8 anyways, but all this has caused me to look into other truggies...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Whatever... If you want to participate in a vengeful whine session about some guy that 99% or the other readers and posters here will never meet or have any experience with then more power to ya'. These threads and this type of discussion are a waste of time and they turn off new guys. There is nothing constructive coming out of this thread or any other like it. BTW, this thread is called "Here's why I don't but Xray products", not "Here's what I saw an individual at my local track do".

I still say delete it. But I don't have a clue...
Well we agree on one thing and that is you don't have a clue. And you cant read , this is not the first time this has happened. And since you want it deleted so bad then why do you keep posting under it to keep it at the top.
Kolor Koncepts

TARDO= Keyboard Commando

My Toy Car is Faster than Your Toy Car! Trust Me!
prphze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Rosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
you have a good point....this would never happen, but maybe if i act like a complete a$$ xray would give me a chassis sponsor also, guess im screwed though im told im kind of a nice guy....so maybe ill just buy the XT8 anyways, but all this has caused me to look into other truggies...

I think this thread is just a bad idea, all it does is throw Xrays name in the dirt even more about something that happens to ALOT of team drivers, INCLUDING other teams.

People saying they are going to refuse to buy Xray products, or want to sell them in protest just seems like alot of drama for nothing. Xray makes super high quality products, and Ive had the BEST costumer support EVER by ANY company ive dealt with. It might be that we have an awesome local rep (Korgae), but I also know that Xray really cares deeply about their products, and the people that buy them.

This kind of situation can be blown out of proportion easily, and by the looks of it has been.

I wasn't there, and I didn't read everything posted by everyone about the back and forth cause its a waste of time.

All I know is when I visit the Xray forums and have a question, the team drivers are more than happy to answer my questions with helpful suggestions, hints and valuable tips that make me PROUD to be an Xray product user.

On the flip side, if Jammin had a great new truggy to try out and some Jammin guy flipped out on me, it sure as heck wouldnt make me think about not getting it. Or the ultimate overeaction, selling it.

Get a grip people, if half of you acted the way you do on these forums as you do at the track, we would all be in trouble.
Grande Prairie Electric Winter Cup 2007 2nd place 1/10th
GPMRA 2007 Outdoor 1/8 Buggy Champion
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote