R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by prphze View Post
Jason, by then they will have come out with the xt8 tq or something
this is true, so ill make my plans around whatever is the newest version of the XT8 at the time im ready to make my purchase.....
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:14 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Rude team drivers isn't all that uncommon I'm sorry to say. At the local club I race at, there are a few sponsored team drivers. Not just like batteries but by major manufacturers that really need to have their sponsorships reviewed.

One of them is notoriously rude when he's racing. When he's on the driver's stand its like Mr. Hyde, throwing fits, yelling at turn-marshalls. Not who I'd want representing my company.

When he's not on the stand he has a so-so attitude. A holier-than-thou attitude to the other racers. Alot of the other racers don't like him, they tolerate him...

Personally, I laugh at him. From what I can tell, he's not making a living from racing, he's under constant pressure to win to keep his sponsorship, can't imagine that keeps the hobby fun.

I'm on the verge of calling his sponsors and giving them a report on just how this driver is representing....
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prphze View Post
Definitely Bad PR, I wonder who was there with him?
Ralph Burch.
II Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallmarine View Post
Wonder why people put up with Barry Baker????

He wins races.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

The third link had been deleted on Mikes Hobby Shop, I guess due to Rocco having a foul mouth on there.

And yes the driver with him was ralph. Which I guess is a world class driver, but not a great manager?
Houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Wow, more of this huh?

A: None of y'all were there, so nobody knows what happened, so nobody has the right to judge, and it is illogical to judge somebody on what you /heard/ happen...

B: II Fast (Speedjunkie) and Houdini are just a couple of local guys that feel like breaking my balls because I have something to lose and they don't...

So I'll leave your opinions up to you, if you'd like to talk to me about how I actually am, just come up to me at any race.

This has gotten so ridiculous, I don't even know what to think...
rmargiotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just got this cryptic pm from Rocco:

Quote:
Just wondering what your name is and where you race.
Thanks,
Rocco
I guess it doesn't surprise me that a guy who acts like a complete and total douchebag at the race track also tries to cyber-bully people. Does anyone have a good picture of him for photochoppage?

This kind of stuff really shouldn't be tolerated in our hobby. I've been to plenty of big races where "that guy" tried to ruin the fun for everyone. If I owned a track, those hot heads would get shown the door every single time. Sure, everyone loses their cool every once in a while, but we all know the line and most of us never cross it while others cross it on a weekly basis. I've noticed that the tracks that allow this kind of stuff to go on have usually given up for all intents and purposes and basically gave control of the track to the regulars. To get back control of the track, all a race director needs to do is make an example of one person and usually everyone else will fall in line. Rocco would be a great candidate for said example.

I'm done with this topic unless Rocco decides to pull me back in.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
I read that one of the xray team managers was at the race and did nothing to curb his behavior. Definitely bad PR for xray...
I can tell you that I did speak to Rocco the same day that the altercation took place and this has been handled.

Ralph Burch
RC America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have to agree with Rocco - this is ridiculous - I don't know Houdini - but I can say that going around starting these threads is childish.

I am a local here in the DFW metroplex and I know Rocco personally. I was not there when the "incident" happened - so I can't comment on that. I can comment that besides Rocco's sarcastic nature (which is ALL in fun) - he is very helpful with the locals around. I know many a people that can get frustrated while up on the driver's stand.

Everyone needs to realize that we don't only represent ourselves while up on the driver's stand, we represent the companies cars we run, and the RC industry as a whole.

Rocco can poke fun with the best of them - and so can I - but to go around and posting all about ANYONE is sheer childs play.

II Fast - I like ya just fine - but give it up. Houdini - grow up.....
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

guys should all talk more and understand eachother a little bit. i didnt see it but generally when stuff likes this happens its all short rage stuff that doesnt mount to a hill of beans other than holding on to emotions that are far better off let go. instead of attacking a person's actions 9 out of 10 times if you all get to know eachother outside of racing and instead of just trying to whip eachother, stuff like this doesnt happen. i often get upset when people who are "faster" call out to let them by and they want your line. fact is reason why some might be slower is they dont have a red carpet out on the track and deal with slower traffic like you are suppost to without yelling. if you are faster wait until everyone has room to pass. you might think "its killing your time" but what about the others times? they may not be A main racers but why should they miss a B or a C main for getting out of everyone's way? i race electric guys as well (some very good ones at that regional/national caliber) they dont yell. they wait and pass you when they can be it the best line or not and there isnt any altercations and if there is last i knew that was part of racing. just remember these are toy cars and the people around them are very real so treat them the same as you want to be treated.
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Deleted original.

Drove my EC tonight and it was great. I can't get rid of it because some guy is mad at Rocco.

Last edited by *Topher*; 07-20-2007 at 04:38 PM.
*Topher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
Here is something for all you people that dont like Xray and there Rude Team Drivers.
You might wish to reconsider the generalization about the Team guys. You make an assumption based on the few you interact with and perceive to be rude. I am one of the team guys for Xray and just like Rocco am as sarcastic as they come and love to sling barbs at my racing buddies as well as have them slung back at me. At the end of the day however, I am one of the most approachable people in racing. I love to help the new driver and the experienced alike. I was not at your race and of course cannot comment on the incident because of this. However, I assure you that the boss (Ralph Burch) has handled this matter. I guess based on the comments on this thread that no one posting here except for Rocco has ever lost their temper at a race... Yeah right.

Kiss and make up and lets move on.

Michael Abraira
"Butter"
Team Xray
Old 07-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Nice thread.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last edited by punkracer24; 07-20-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: thread
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
I have to agree with Rocco - this is ridiculous - I don't know Houdini - but I can say that going around starting these threads is childish.

I am a local here in the DFW metroplex and I know Rocco personally. I was not there when the "incident" happened - so I can't comment on that. I can comment that besides Rocco's sarcastic nature (which is ALL in fun) - he is very helpful with the locals around. I know many a people that can get frustrated while up on the driver's stand.

Everyone needs to realize that we don't only represent ourselves while up on the driver's stand, we represent the companies cars we run, and the RC industry as a whole.

Rocco can poke fun with the best of them - and so can I - but to go around and posting all about ANYONE is sheer childs play.

II Fast - I like ya just fine - but give it up. Houdini - grow up.....
Marc, I would consider you one of the few good guys left racing at Mikes but I am surprised at you're opinion on this. Especially since you and I know a member of this forums that sold every xray product he had solely because of the behavior of the xray guy's at the last Snowbirds. I am not going to mention his name because it was told to me in confidence.

As far as Houdini being childish I don't agree. Rocco was the only one acting like a 12 year old with Turrets on the thread that he had deleted. Remember his mature comments about a product made by Lipton & inserting others opinions in an orifice on the human body located below the belt?

Anyway I'm sure I'll have the good fortune to race with Rocco again soon and we will see the "Real" Rocco then. Who knows maybe another great saga.