R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEXTEL View Post
hmm..will that spacer thing from the race roller help any?

Yeah, the spacers that come with the roller are what you need for servos to space them off of the chassis. I don't know if the RTR comes with these or not. The servo you listed will be good for steering. I use the Ace 1015 which is 200@.10 and I really like it. Some people like to have the steering servos with killer torque. But this range of servo will do just fine. I perfer the quicker servos to help make up for missing the correct lines. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you have te RTR right? what did you do to correct the fryin servo mishapp?

I can wait i get the 8ight T torrommow...

Last edited by JEXTEL; 10-14-2007 at 08:04 PM.
JEXTEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #78
Tech Champion

I don't have the RTR 8-T. I had a RTR Losi buggy. The servos didn't last long. I had new ones in very soon. I hope yours hold up longer. But I just fueled my buggy up and ran it. I didn't know about setting EPA and all that.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-15-2007, 03:55 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
I don't have the RTR 8-T. I had a RTR Losi buggy. The servos didn't last long. I had new ones in very soon. I hope yours hold up longer. But I just fueled my buggy up and ran it. I didn't know about setting EPA and all that.
ok cool im going to take extra time setting it up i dont want anything to go wrong..
Old 10-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #80
Tech Champion

Well, let us know what you think and how your setups workout. I think you'll enjoy the 8T very much.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Quote:
Well, let us know what you think and how your setups workout. I think you'll enjoy the 8T very much.
Today i half way broke it in and torrommow after class ill be heading over to the track to finish breaking it..possibly doing drake's set-up

also i notice that the chassis has a cut out under the servo's is anyone else's like this?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #82
Tech Champion

As well a cutting weight, the milled out portions of the chassis let the servos sit low for a low center of gravity. I believe most 1/8 chassis are like this. This does make it more difficult to tell if the servos are resting on the chassis. I usually use a flashlight and zip tie to make sure the servos aren't resting on the chassis.

So your servos haven't burned out yet? That's good. I hope you get long life out of them. On my 8ight RTR the throttle servo lasted 4 tanks of fuel. It was during break in on a dirt driveway. But I know the EPA wasn't set right. Plus that was my first 1/8 vehicle.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #83
Tech Regular

Quote:
As well a cutting weight, the milled out portions of the chassis let the servos sit low for a low center of gravity. I believe most 1/8 chassis are like this. This does make it more difficult to tell if the servos are resting on the chassis. I usually use a flashlight and zip tie to make sure the servos aren't resting on the chassis.

So your servos haven't burned out yet? That's good. I hope you get long life out of them. On my 8ight RTR the throttle servo lasted 4 tanks of fuel. It was during break in on a dirt driveway. But I know the EPA wasn't set right. Plus that was my first 1/8 vehicle.

I just finished my 5 tank and everything is feeling and looking good...after class at 3 30 im going to a local track to get my skillz up..i have a long way to my sponsorships....lol nah i just want come in the top five a my club races and there's only 2 points races and a turkey race..
Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #84
Tech Champion

Good to hear man. Let us know your thoughts after you get done today. I'm gald you're liking the truck. Mine sure is awesome.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #85
Tech Regular

Quote:
Good to hear man. Let us know your thoughts after you get done today. I'm gald you're liking the truck. Mine sure is awesome.
Im sure am liking truck and also i found the little plastic spacers for the servos and put them on and servos set pretty high compared to before..
Old 10-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #86
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEXTEL View Post
Im sure am liking truck and also i found the little plastic spacers for the servos and put them on and servos set pretty high compared to before..
did the spacers come with your truck? Or did you have to buy them seperate?

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #87
Tech Regular

Quote:
did the spacers come with your truck? Or did you have to buy them seperate?
they came with is in the bag where the allen wrenches were...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #88
Tech Regular

WOW... Thats all i can say about my experince today at the track...I mean when i first step foot out there I was thinking this isnt that good(First time on the track in 2 yrs..im lil rusty..lol) but after the 2-3 tank of fuel i started to get the hang of it again and really was on it..I can only do about 2-3 laps without major mistakes...The only thing i was mad about it the losi hump died in the 3hrs and ended my day..(Hmm maybe thats enough? But it will be on raceday since i can charge between heats)

Pros: Truck handles great(best truck i can remember driving) its very smooth, flies well thru the air, very good brakes and steering, stock tires where pretty good too...Also the run time is great im still runing it on the rich side and getting about 9.5 mins on a tank!

Cons:I cant get the brakes to be get the rear to pull more...It seems like i couldnt get the rear to kick out like i want(maybe its driver error because seems it would something it would)

Im going to order the stuff to do the drake or mike truthe setup setup for it from B main some time this week..
Old 10-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #89
Tech Champion

3 hours! How did you do that? When I used Nimh, I think the longest run time was 1hr 20min.

I too have been dialing in more rear brake each time I race. I keep taking the servo EPA out a little and adjusting the linkage and when the center diff is out I take the brake pad screws in a little. all of this each time I race. I'm afraid to go too much and burn up the servo. I like to kick the rear out into some corners.

glad to hear you like the truck. Losi has a good design on their hands.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #90
Tech Regular

Quote:
3 hours! How did you do that? When I used Nimh, I think the longest run time was 1hr 20min.

I too have been dialing in more rear brake each time I race. I keep taking the servo EPA out a little and adjusting the linkage and when the center diff is out I take the brake pad screws in a little. all of this each time I race. I'm afraid to go too much and burn up the servo. I like to kick the rear out into some corners.

glad to hear you like the truck. Losi has a good design on their hands.
idk about how i did the thing wit the battery but i did about a hour at my house then about 2 at the track..The hobbyshop guy said that i should invest in drivetrain items since they wear out the fastest...idk i have never read about somebody doing this have you?

Far as the brakes i know my ofna 9.5 1/8 i adjusted so much that i harderly had any front brakes and just slide aroung the corners which sucked..you think changing my front and rear diff lube will help with braking? I changed out my center diff when i changed my servos....