Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight T RTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This RTR handles great. I took my 8ight-T RTR to the track for the very first time today. I was taking power turns at high speeds and jumping with great balance. I'm very impressed. The rear tends to swing around on non-power turns, but luckily for me, I like gassing it in and around turns.

The stock steering servo lasted the day. I even took a few hard hits into pipes and a small rock pile. I'll be on the look out for a replacement servo soon.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I race in Kansas, USA. Mostly in Hutchinson, Wichita area. I've been trying to go to bigger races but my work schedule gets in the way. I work rotating shifts and getting the vacation time lined out is hard. Freefallmarine is trying to set up an Enduro race in the Tulsa, OK area. Gonna try to make that. I'll be going to Omaha, NE for the pro series race in a few months. tried to get off work for the Evansdale, IA pro series race but that didn't happen. How bout you, where is your local track?
My local track is in Maine which I’m the Race director and club organizer. So on race days I pull double duty calling races and racing myself plus my gf is running the 8T. I run an Xray XB8 TQ buggy myself. I go to RCmadness in CT when I can but with work and our new daughter makes hard right now. I plan on getting my daughter on the track by 5 years old …lol
Old 07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default losi 8 rtr

hello all, im new here & have a question,ive had my 8 4 7months all of a sudden when i take my igniter off she dies, ive tried fresh plugs (mccoy cold) & leaning no results
Old 07-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mack66
hello all, im new here & have a question,ive had my 8 4 7months all of a sudden when i take my igniter off she dies, ive tried fresh plugs (mccoy cold) & leaning no results
Try replacing all fuel tubing.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What battery pack does this need, hump pack or flat pack?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

5 cell hump
Old 07-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you all for the response regarding plugs, but I have another question. Am I doing something wrong, it seems like my engine only likes to start with a hotter plug. I tried using a medium plug but I have trouble starting the sucker. Can anyone suggest anything to make it easier to start with a colder plug.

Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by r6ryder
Thank you all for the response regarding plugs, but I have another question. Am I doing something wrong, it seems like my engine only likes to start with a hotter plug. I tried using a medium plug but I have trouble starting the sucker. Can anyone suggest anything to make it easier to start with a colder plug.

Thanks again.
Turn over the engine with out the igniter on the plug until fuel is to the carb then use the igniter to start it. Once started leave the igniter on the plug and blip the throttle a few times to get a lil heat started. You may be a little rich carb setting but don’t adjust anything until your engine is at full temp.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pablo101
My local track is in Maine which I’m the Race director and club organizer. So on race days I pull double duty calling races and racing myself plus my gf is running the 8T. I run an Xray XB8 TQ buggy myself. I go to RCmadness in CT when I can but with work and our new daughter makes hard right now. I plan on getting my daughter on the track by 5 years old …lol
LOL. I miss monster trucks racing. I still have my Revo to run around on the farm here. Here is a short vid of our track from earlier this year. It has been changed a few times since then. The 40' single jump was awesome. It is a stepped table top now. By the way, the guy driving always holds his two year old in his arms while he puts a hurting on us. He's good.
http://us.f623.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Sho...ad=b&box=Inbox
Old 07-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

air8 the video link doesn,t work. i put a lil video called ninjad xray on cumberlandrc.com on the pictures/video page.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys just wanted to have your input regarding temperature on the Losi 8ight Truggy. I'm currently running it around 235 with smoke coming out of the turns but my experience "racer" friend says that the motor is running to hot. I don't agree with him because I still have smoke which usually means there is ample lubrication.

My question to you guys is what temp range are you guys running your RTR truggy? I know it may differ from track condition, humidity, elevation, and outside temperature, so I just want a range of what temp you guys set your Truggies at.

Thanks again,
Bobby
Old 08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Hey guys just wanted to have your input regarding temperature on the Losi 8ight Truggy. I'm currently running it around 235 with smoke coming out of the turns but my experience "racer" friend says that the motor is running to hot. I don't agree with him because I still have smoke which usually means there is ample lubrication.

My question to you guys is what temp range are you guys running your RTR truggy? I know it may differ from track condition, humidity, elevation, and outside temperature, so I just want a range of what temp you guys set your Truggies at.

Thanks again,
Bobby
I always get mad at people who temp my engines. LOL. Just kidding. Here is the question to ask your self: Does the engine perform well, idle well, and slight smoke coming out? Well 3 questions actually. If you are somewhat new to nitro just tune by performance and smoke. use the temp gun as a reference. Don't back out the screws just because it is temping 235, 260, 270 Only back them out if it starts cutting out on the low/high end. I have never owned a temp gun. But my friends temp mine sometimes and it comes off the track at different temps when they do. But around here the weather is never the same from one day to the next. Actually from one hour to the next. Smoke and performance.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

air8,

Thanks for the response. I believe the engine is running strong, I have plenty of torque down low and can keep up with some of the buggies on the straight. It idles perfect, I can turn it on with one crank of the roto starter and take the plug out and idle for a long time.

I'm just worried about damage to the engine due to excess heat.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pablo101
air8 the video link doesn,t work. i put a lil video called ninjad xray on cumberlandrc.com on the pictures/video page.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/projectrc/message/12449

This vid is short but shows how our track was. It was changed a few weeks ago. Hopefully this link works.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

air8,

Thanks for the response. I believe the engine is running strong, I have plenty of torque down low and can keep up with some of the buggies on the straight. It idles perfect, I can turn it on with one crank of the roto starter and take the plug out and idle for a long time.

I'm just worried about damage to the engine due to excess heat.
Just remember to have slight smoke coming out and you'll b fine. I just put the Mach from my RTR 8 in my 8T roler and it is going strong starting on gallon 9. NINE gallons. I am surprised with this motor. It is great. But just worry about performance and smoke first thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.