Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how do ya'll cope?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default how do ya'll cope?

i might not get my savage cuz of the fuel prices my mom says she might just buy me a porsche or corvette so i can take auto shop...anyway i still really want to get in the nitro hobby, i wanna know how do you guys cope? i know some of you have like 10 cars, and the gas is so expensive. is it like the only hobby you guys can afford or is there a cheaper way?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Dude..... Your moms gonna buy u a porsche and she wont buy u a little RC Car cause of the gas??? Well anyways, Obviously its not like regular gas. It is a blended mixture so it will cost much more. Depending on what type of car you drive and how much you drive it will make you use up more fuel or use up less. I would say that the average tank time for a car are 6-7 minutes. I think a savage can go longer due to its large tank. What i am trying to say is that the one gallon that you buy doesn't go that fast. If it does, just drive a little more on the conservative side.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Real car or rc car on mommies money? Well, I cope because I have a job that I can afford to set aside a little each month to enjoy this hobby. I wouldnt get into a job that I can not afford, like real drifting, or flying helis, or collecting cars.... Not everyone can get into this hobby. If you really think about it and look at the stats, we as Americans are a VERY blessed people with what we have and the directions we can take in life.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

U no if you arent interested in the porsche you can always give it to me!
Old 07-14-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

"Real car or rc car on mommies money?"
hey its not my fault im under aged. yeah she thinks just buying me a real car is worth the money. how long do you guys generally drive each day?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

were looking at this one...lol
http://www.classiccars.com/Classifie...A2B54CA3&cs=11
Old 07-14-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leyler

lol lucky boy!. everyone who races rc are just people who wish they could race real cars, or wished they could own real COOL cars.

you are the lucky one, just remember to stay humble about it
Old 07-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TomB
lol lucky boy!. everyone who races rc are just people who wish they could race real cars, or wished they could own real COOL cars.

you are the lucky one, just remember to stay humble about it
I hope you're being funny. As one of probably many who have done both, R/C racing has many unique challenges that keep me coming back for more. And I know accomplished 'real' race car drivers who couldn't make a lap without putting it in the tube.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leyler
"Real car or rc car on mommies money?"
hey its not my fault im under aged. yeah she thinks just buying me a real car is worth the money. how long do you guys generally drive each day?
I drive anywhere between 30min - 1hr every day. I am quite happy that I live so close to my job. If I could, I would take a bus or train to work, but the schedules dont work out. I hate to drive, I would rather spend the time reading or figuring out something for work.

As far as driving my RC car, I drive it about 1-2 hours every week. For every hour I put into driving it, 3-5 hours I put into maintenance as I am a racer and know that finishing is just as important as the place you get.

Parents never bought me a car, but I did inherit my grand dads crown victoria when he passed away. Im still driving it to this day, faded paint and all! I would rather not spend another $20-50 grand on a vehicle when I have one that works just fine. I would love a Skyline R33. however Its all in the priorities. Instead of putting that money down on a new car, I put it into savings, retirement and a just a little into the RC fund.

Dont think about today and how much fun you can have, but what you can do to better your future. Money is MUCH easier spent than earned.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

thats good advice. im still adamant on finding a way to get the savage to work out though
oh btw ppls just to clear up any mistakes im a girl not a boy
Old 07-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A gallon of fuel should last you 2-3 normal weekends, much cheaper than a car, where $30 will last you maybe a week
Old 07-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

$30 of real gas for a week! HAH! Shoot, I use close to $60 a week. Gas in CA where I live is $3.20 or more. Dag gone cars...Itd be so much cheaper to take the bus if I could. Driving is way more expensive than just the gas. You have insurance, wear and tear on the engine, and tire wear, AND gas. So in reality it is much more for me than $60 a week. Arg.....
Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

hah u think thats pricey? come to turkey and really be shocked!!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gas prices are out of control. Will your mom buy me a Porsche? I'll pay for my own gas...
Old 07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I use close to $60 a week.
that would be nice im over $100 a week, just for work....boy i wish i lived closer to my job...i moved so that my wife could be closer to her job, and then i end up with the long drive to and from work everyday at $3.20 per/gal....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.