Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
how do ya'll cope? >

how do ya'll cope?

how do ya'll cope?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have your mother buy you a real car. Then use it to go find a job. After you start working you'll be able to afford your own gas and hopefully your own r/c cars. You'll appreciate the stuff you buy with your own money more than the stuff given to you.

My parents offered me a Subaru when I was 16 but I thought I was too cool for such a crappy car. It was 3 years later before I could afford to buy my own crappy car. If I had been smarter I would have taken the Subaru and got myself a better job. Now I'm 30 with 2 kids of my own and I save some money each week to race r/c. I also drive a truck that takes $60-70 to fill but found a job 6 miles from home. So its only expensive when I drive 2-3 hours to the racetrack.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

hmmm, thats cheap. my mom drives a bmw and here its over 100$ to fill it. is the electric rustler a good truck? ive always liked them
Old 07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leyler
hmmm, thats cheap. my mom drives a bmw and here its over 100$ to fill it. is the electric rustler a good truck? ive always liked them
That depends on if you plan to race. Not racing--yes, good truck to start with. Racing--you can find something set up better for racing. Meaning more adjustments and designed for the track.
If you are bashing and you put lipo in it, you WILL be amazed and have lots of fun.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

I run lipo in my 18t and i love it. Runs long and true.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Go electric, while nitro is great, i just blew my nito engine after about 3 months and waiting to get one is harsh. electric motors are cheaper and you can buy a couple for the price of one nitro. and ps, dont buy that porshe its junk. get american muscle
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default ????

Kid if your old enough to get a luxury car your old enough to get a job. So get one be responsible, save money, and eventually you will be able to buy whatever you want. By that time you have so many chics from the real car you prolly won't even be thinking about rc cars.
Good luck
Old 07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave Nelson
Go electric, while nitro is great, i just blew my nito engine after about 3 months and waiting to get one is harsh. electric motors are cheaper and you can buy a couple for the price of one nitro. and ps, dont buy that porshe its junk. get american muscle
Not true....I just purchased a sportwerks .26 for $99.00, and I race with guys that have Ninjas and V-specs. I have seen the lil .26 kick much A@#...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt
Kid if your old enough to get a luxury car your old enough to get a job. So get one be responsible, save money, and eventually you will be able to buy whatever you want. By that time you have so many chics from the real car you prolly won't even be thinking about rc cars.
Good luck
You don't realize it but you are lecturing a girl. Not sure if she's looking to pick up chicks. 'Not that there's anything wrong with it'
Old 07-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Still waiting for My Porsche..... I will pay for the Fuel.