Wiki Posts
Search

mbx5t prospec truggy vs xray xb8t Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mbx5t prospec truggy vs xray xb8t Truggy

Looking to purchase one of these truggys for competive racing please help me out with pros and cons on each truggy.Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 03:22 PM

They are both great truggys and you cant go wrong with either. I run the MBX5T but if I were to go and get a new truggy I would for sure get the XT8. But that is just my choice to like Xray more than mugen, but from what I have heard from the two guys with XT8s at the Local track is that the quality is better than the mugen and they are a little better that the MBX5T. But they are both such good truggys that either way you win.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:55 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with that...I think it kind of comes down to parts availability in your area. Can you actually get XRAY parts? If so, the XRAY is cool...but to be honest I hated my XB8 buggy and found the Losi 8ight to be way easier to drive. I think the same may translate to the truggy..XRAY is just..weird.

I got myself a MBX5T and am amazed at how well it handles, how much turn in it has, and overall it's fit, finish, and quality is easily on par with XRAY.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

XRAY is just..weird.
What do you not like about it? I am kinda interested in getting a truggy too.. So just wondering why you think of it that way.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile kyosho MP777STR

Originally Posted by Desolas
I agree with that...I think it kind of comes down to parts availability in your area. Can you actually get XRAY parts? If so, the XRAY is cool...but to be honest I hated my XB8 buggy and found the Losi 8ight to be way easier to drive. I think the same may translate to the truggy..XRAY is just..weird.

I got myself a MBX5T and am amazed at how well it handles, how much turn in it has, and overall it's fit, finish, and quality is easily on par with XRAY.
Hi, I'm newbie
which better if you compare with MP777STR
Old 07-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm curious why people make the decision come down to parts availability locally as opposed to something more important such as driving style?

When you buy a high-end RC chances are your LHS doesn't even carry parts for it. Just too costly for most brick and mortar places. So, you're going to have to order on-line. Most of the on-line places like Amain usually have my parts to me by Wednesday if I order by the previous Monday morning.

I've got them both. Can't say anything yet about the XT8 as its still in the box. But the MBX5T is awesome. Very forgiving, easy to drive. If you are a point and shoot type driver, someone that an aggressive driver as opposed to smooth, then the MBX is a good choice.

I'm curious how the XT8 will compare.....
Old 07-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i guess boils down to if you break in a qualifier at a race you can at least fix it to run your main.....instead of being broke and done.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've had a mugen before but as soon as I jumped into an XRAY I noticed a difference. An Xray is much easier to work on and tune your set up. Plus I thought my Xray drove 10x better. Also in the back of your Xray manual is a complete set up guide that covers every inch of the car with cause and effect. If you do go the Xray way there is tons of support from factory racers and local hotshots on this forum and Xray's forum.
Getting parts shouldn't be hard just go to A main, Carolinas, or B main hobbies on-line. If you are worried about not using your LHS you can still buy radios, servos, motors, fuel, wheels, tires, body, etc, etc. And thats some of the most exspensive rc stuff out there.

Desolas, why did you hate your XB8?, and what's so weird about Xray?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Desolas must be the only person to think that the 8ight is easier to drive than basically any other buggy.

Its usually the other way around.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no.

It just depends on your driving style. Two friends of mine and I run 8ight's and enjoy it way more than the XB8. I can't say because I've never had an XB8, but my two friends who have owned both said it was much easier to drive. one of them is a well known factory driver in our area, so I'd be sure to trust his word. keep in mind, all of us came from an electric off-road background too.

as for me, well I've been in the top 5 at every big outdoor event I've been to this year, so I must say it's pretty easy for me to drive.

Last edited by Nay0k; 07-12-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok, lets not turn this into a Losi vs. Xray flmae war. If anything it should be a Mugen vs. Xray flame war! Having driven a couple XT8's now I can say that the handling is very very good, its got everything one would look for in a truggy. The stock setup seems to work great as well. The included tires are ok, but the rubber is pretty hard, so they will last a long time, but the traction isn't at the level of a PL CF MTR M2 . I still haven't driven mine yet due to a lack of funds (servo's ARGH!), but dammit I can't wait to try it out.