gt10 wont stay running!!! help!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gt10 wont stay running!!! help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default gt10 wont stay running!!! help!!

Hey guys. I am new to the whole RC thing. I went and bought a RC 10GT yesterday and finally got to try it out tonight. I followed the Break in steps and ran fine during the first tank. Next tank would not start. Glow plug is ok, fuel is full. I finally got it to start but as soon as I took the ignitor off the car died. Finally got it to start again and as soon as I took it off it died. Please help. I want to enjoy my toy, but I am stumpped!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default glow plug

Did you install a new glow plug or are you just visually inspecting it? I have had that same issue but when I changed the plug it fired right up and worked great.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

this is a symptom of a "bad" glowplug....during your "rich" runnin tank, you more than likely ruined the element of the glowplug....you need a new one.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help. I wont be able to find out tonight due to, a broken fuel tank(dont know what happend). The pull start on this truck must be very tight cause if it is not pulled right the truck comes right up with me. Any beginer tips you can offer?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

being the engine is new and not broke in yet it has lots of pinch, and thats why it is hard to pull start...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its flooded. Take off the glow plug and pull the pull starter a few times to remove the excess fuel. Make sure you don't look down into the engine, the fuel will shoot out into your eve.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for that. After I let it idle for the 4 tanks am I able to take it full throttle or is their still restrictions on the motor.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newguytoRc
Thank you for that. After I let it idle for the 4 tanks am I able to take it full throttle or is their still restrictions on the motor.
Make sure you get temps over 200 degrees and start driving it around real easy. Sometimes running too rich can hurt. Make sure to keep it running while driving it around. and don't be afraid of temps from 210 to 250. Every engine is different. Even the same kind of engine built by the same person on the same day. they develop a personality. lol. Just keep a little smoke coming out of the pipe and you should be fine. If you have tons of smoke and poor performance you are too rich. The motor should perform like you'd expect, and keep a little smoke coming out.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

What air8 said is right keep it runing and if you have to, get it warm with the igniter on the head for 10-15 sec. If it still dies when removed dont be scared to lean it an hour(1/12 turn,think of a clock face) or two. Factory settings start super rich just to keep you safe and watch your temps if it gets around 250 shut it down and let it cool for 20 min. Are you running the AE .15 motor? If so adjust the high needle a 1/12 turn at a time. I know the manual says to go a 1/4 but from experience this motor has a fine line of being perfect or a 1/12 turn of being to lean. Take your time ask questions and have fun. Oh and DO NOT PUNCH IT FOR THE FIRST FIVE TANKS. Drive conservative, its boring but better for your motor and wallet.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I work at pepboys and we sell the digital thermometers, but even with my discount they are 45.00 any cheapers ones by chance
Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

The guy that runs the HS behind Revelation Raceway uses the O'donell temp guage. Everyone goes to him for everything tuning related. Its like 35 bucks.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

after runing it put after run oil in the motor and carb about 2 drop's
Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

also get a fail safe. and a temp gage.. i have both if you want make me a offer...