Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper ST thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So let us know how the trucks are holding up. I know a few people intrested in using the ST next season. Is there anything in particular to look out for? Or anything peculiar about these trucks. The only thing I can see from pictures is the battery mount. I'd have to change that, RUN-A-WAY written all over that. LOL.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i still havent broken any parts on my truck yet. the new engine is sweet and it is still going and handling great so 2 thumbs up.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Air- Tom Sade told me last night at Hutch that he has one and it was a killer build. He was very impressed with it and said he may break it in at Hutch soon.

Jeff
Old 12-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
Air- Tom Sade told me last night at Hutch that he has one and it was a killer build. He was very impressed with it and said he may break it in at Hutch soon.

Jeff
WHAT!?!? You came to Hutch last night? Damn. Sorry I missed you. Did the guys tell you I had to work? I'm stuck not being able to race for 3 more weekends. LOL.

Tom has been after me in the 1/10 gas truck races we've had. He's not gonna rest until he whoops up on me. But for now I think I have a slight advantage. And I mean "slight." Tom is a fast driver. I hope I'm there when he breaks out the ST, I'd like to see it up close. I might have to get ahold of him and meet him in Wichita sometime.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ok guy's need your help. I'm looking for the springs for the st and the part numbers are 28370-28375 but the only problem is i can't find them anywhere. Are they even available yet?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
Ok guy's need your help. I'm looking for the springs for the st and the part numbers are 28370-28375 but the only problem is i can't find them anywhere. Are they even available yet?
Those part numbers for the springs are for the buggy and maybe too soft. But if you would like to order them, then try NITROHOUSE.COM
Old 01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

They are listed for the buggy but i called Ofna today and asked them what springs are for the st and they gave me those part numbers and i would have to agree with the springs being softer rates for the buggy might not work on the st very well. I thought about getting the 16mm big bore shocks. Thanks i'll try Nitrohouse and see what i can come up with.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

existenz- you are too lean on your hsn, i think try winding both needlesout about 2 or 3 hours.

i got my hst about a month ago, my first kit. it was pretty quick and easy to put together. in diffs i've got 5/5/2 but i might put 30k in the centre, apparently having pretty heavy in the centre is better. in my shocks i got #150 and#350 mugen oil but i might try heavier later.

Last edited by koenig; 01-18-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: add pix
Old 01-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

Just came from a 3 day event in Caracas - Venezuela. Very good racing and the first time for me to race the ST PRO on hard racing conditions.

The result are very bad, 6th on the A-Main (45 minutes), but i learned a lot about this truck, and im loving it.

Practice day went very good just with engine work due to high humidity conditions, other than that i ended friday 25th, very happy.

Qualifies day was based on a 3 round of 10 minutes, first one and i noted that the track changd a lot, having a lot of traction compared to the prior day so i ended my first round doing it not very good and with a lot of traction rolling. As i had a set of 15mm ofna extensions in hand, i installed them and continued with my bowties mounted on standard offset wheels. The second round went better but i still had some traction rolling problems in hand, messed a little with shock settings and things got better but not THAT better. For the 3rd round i mounted my other set of tires, Crime Fghters mounted on Ofna full offset Jammin CRT wheels. WOWWW what a change, this third round ended giving me a solid 4th place on the A-Main for sunday.

Have to remember you guys that my engine its an almost new one, and being 1 1/2 galls still not showed awesome power, but enough to keep up with the fastest guys on the track (Venezuelan driver Manuel Feijoo was the guy to beat and other 2 guys were very fast too).

Well, Sunday A-Main day, started in 4th position and did very good for the first 7-9 minutes, and after that my engine started to perform as you opened the low end needle like 5 turns out !!!, damn !!, i thought that maybe was a temporary thing so i tried to do some laps that way, the engine passed from giving me 9 minutes run time to give me 4 1/2 minutes, so i flamed out due to lack of fuel, my pitman closed the low end needle (temps went down to 85ºC) a little, refueled me and after 5 1/2 minutes i flamed out again with a dry tank. The engine temp was like 90ºC, my pitman went directly to the low end needle again and finally next refuel was normal, after my pitman called me by the 7th minute mark, the engine was performing GREAT showing a lot of power and a good 110-115ºC (like 230-235ºF).

Now the sad part of the history, one of the objectives of me flying to Venezuela was to show the RC activity to one of my sponsors (www.pitshobbyshop, OFNA importer for Colombia) so we had to make some filming and photo material so IN PARALELL of the finals, my pitman and sponsor, was filming :dunno . That gave me another 2 free flameouts due to the fact that he was filming and forgot to refel me 2 times :bang . On one of the videos (i edited and cut that part), you can see the camera showing the shoes of my pitman gong down the driver stand after a flameout with the camera ON :baby .

Well, im not mad about it, was a great experience, i ended in 6th position and received congratulations from the guys controlling the AMB System because they told me that by the mid part of the race i was like 12 laps behind the leader, and i ended just 5 laps behind him so i did a hell of a good race on "some point" of it :clap .

Guys, this truck its awesome and capable of very good things, here is a video just of my truck (the pink one) to share with you, just left-click on the link and enjoy :

Hyper ST PRO + Jammin JPX .28 + MEGA 2046 3 Chamber Pipe on "La Arenera" RC Track in Caracas - Venezuela (January 25th-27th 2008)

cya !!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Congrats and nice video.

On another note what is a good starting point for diff oil in the center using the spider diff? I was thinking of starting with 7k would that be like running 10k since there is 2 more gears in the spider?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
Congrats and nice video.

On another note what is a good starting point for diff oil in the center using the spider diff? I was thinking of starting with 7k would that be like running 10k since there is 2 more gears in the spider?

Mhhhh ... i tried 5k - 7k - 3k and was too loose, and ended with 10k - 30k - 3k and even with that i think that 50k on the middle would be a better idea ...

cya,
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Found this on the bottom of page 13. Is anyone still running there's?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

YEP just picked up one the other day and its virgin run is tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)

got my hyper st pro. need some set up info for a hard packed clay track. www.daltonraceway.com
Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hyper St Pro

In my diff's, im running 5, 10, 3. Working fine, but had to send motor in to see whats going on with it. It's 528XR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.