Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
LOSI EIGHT RTR PROBLEM!  Almost Ready to get out of RC due to this!!!! >

LOSI EIGHT RTR PROBLEM! Almost Ready to get out of RC due to this!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI EIGHT RTR PROBLEM! Almost Ready to get out of RC due to this!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Give Aaron and email on these forums. He helped me out big time.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i would at the very worse use a punch and hammer and hammer the pin out.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I have an update on this.

Went to my LHS and their alan wrenches wouldn't work. Pretty much told me im stuck. So I went home and tried to drill the hub set screws out. Ruined my drill bits due to the hard steel. So I then tried to hammer out the pins with a punch and a hammer. No dice.

On to the grinder with the metal cutting wheel. Cut down the hub / hub-driveshaft axle-hub pin and it all came off. Now I am out of four hubs and four driveshaft axles ! Thank you LOSI !!!! I do plan on calling them first thing on monday morning and see what they have to say about this. I will report back to you guys on the news. Thanks for all of the advice.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep, you're screwed drama queen. LOL! I'll give you $175 shipped for the buggy. PM me
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Zeteckat,

Not trying to sound sarcastic but you did mention you were new to R/C. So my response is "Get used to it Dude!"

I have had a couple different brands of buggy and truggy and if you maintain them as you should you WILL have issues. If your taking them apart and cleaning them and changing the fluids in your diffs, replacing clutches and clutch bearings as recommended then your gonna find broken parts and your gonna strip screws out and bend things and not put things back together just right and ruin parts, things will wear out and need to be replaced.

If you don't own a dremel I suggest you get one, $34 at walmart. I cannot tell you the last time I serviced my buggy or truggy and did not have to use my dremel to get a stripped screw out. But I agree they should not come from the factory like that.

1/8 off road nitro is alot of fun but the work involved in properly maintaining one so that it will finish a race is a big pain in the arse! If you race just 2 times a month your going to quickly see that the problems your having now are pretty common. If your at all interested in being competetive and racing enough to gain the skills required to run with you local fast guys then plan on spending $116 in parts at least once a month! And thats conservative.

Hope that works out for you, I'm sure it will and I'm sure you'll be burning nitro in no time.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

116 dollars a month is a bit drastic. Every 2-3 months isnt that bad. There is more time involved than money imo.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by El Pedro
I'll give you $150 for it shipped to Australia.
Now that is freaking funny! Nice one mate.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

welcome to rc , wait till you get into helis , ray
Old 07-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All you have to do is cut a slit in the head of the screw and use a flathead screwdriver to get them out. This way the screw is still usable and you don't have to spend $116. Not that hard
Old 07-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So did you call Losi and ask them if they will send you new axles? If they won't do that mabye they will send you some at dealer cost to help you out at the very least.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rushdude
116 dollars a month is a bit drastic. Every 2-3 months isnt that bad. There is more time involved than money imo.
Zeta--sorry to hear about your luck. Mine started out as a RTR. Now I don't own any RTR parts. In the last 6mo. I have had two orders that were under $100. I can't count how many orders I've had though. I'd shoot myself if I kept track of that. My average purchase every week or two is about $150. But that includes building up for electric racing also.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anf0
All you have to do is cut a slit in the head of the screw and use a flathead screwdriver to get them out. This way the screw is still usable and you don't have to spend $116. Not that hard
Not my thread, but i think you need to re-read the thread. The set screw in the axles is inside the axles, not at the surface.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I hate to pull this back from the dead but I wanted to give all an update. Losi was great about working with me to help me get the parts I need to correct the situation. If fact, for this reason, I would definitely pick a losi on my next car over any other vehicle. They replaced my broken axles at no charge.Thanks losi!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Forget the 8ight get a lst2(way better)I have one with no problems,worth ever penny!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mercuremix
Forget the 8ight get a lst2(way better)I have one with no problems,worth ever penny!
the eight t once you get the kinks worked out of it is probaly the single most durable car made trust me i know i have ramped mine over my house the lst2's
transmisions are always messing up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.