R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Slobbatech, Did you run the tapers even when the track wasent hard packed? And did they turn to slicks before the end of the race?
Dale.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #122
Tech Elite

What an awesome adventure.

St. Louis is a pretty cool area. I'm bummed that we didn't get much time to go exploring around downtown but the whole surrounding area is very green and cool to look at. That was my first time in the midwest since I was about 10 or so, and it was really cool to see different scenery.

Racing in St. Louis has had a reputation of being a great experience and I was stoked at the chance to finally race there. The Dirtburners crew was amazing. The track went from well packed and put together, to flooded, and back, a few times over the course of the week! Aaron Pucci and Chris Conwell definitely deserve the reputation of running one of the most successful national events I've ever seen and it was all done by a group of club members who did it out of love for the hobby. I was blown away.

I was on the track for practice when the first "summer shower" came. They were pulling the tarps across the track before I even had a chance to make it to pit lane! Last week was easily some of the craziest rain I've ever seen.

The track, once the crew got it ready, was awesome. The layout was a blast and made for some very competitive racing without being too hard to pass, and too easy to just punch it. That was my first time racing 1/8th scale on a blue-groove track that didn't break apart and require big-pin tires. A lot of the Team Losi guys used the new 1/8th scale Taper Pin tire in qualifying and their main events!

The drivers' stand might've been the best I've ever seen, and pit lane was perfect. They did a very good job of traffic management, directing people in and out of pit lane and up and down the drivers' stand perfectly.

Oh, and Barry Baker made the race. He absolutely stood up and took control when the situation called for it, got the job done, and added some great color commentary while he was at it. Although the rumor is he's looking for a Halls sponsorship...

Just as well, it was great to have Doug Hay there to help run the race and his program worked great. And I scored a really cool pen for making the semi...haha.

I've always liked traveling to races and this one was no exception. Aside from getting to see somewhere I had never been, I met a ton of new people over the course of the week and it was a great experience to talk to everyone.

All four rounds of qualifying were extremely close. The usual names were always up top and mixed with a couple new guys and all separated by very close times. The figure I remember off the top of my head were the top 42 cars in the first round being 21 seconds apart. That's a half-second per car!

There was talent deep into the mains at this race and I like that the one-class approach allowed a bunch of the privateers to see where they stack up against the best in the U.S. Tyler Vik was the bump-up king and improved his qualifying position the most of anyone (that I'm aware of). Kelby Roberts and Michael Paige also deserve mention as the only non-factory drivers to make the Semis and earn themselves an automatic bid to next year's Worlds.

Team Losi had a wonderful weekend. Three cars in the top five, eight (coincidence? haha) cars qualifying for the Worlds, and the most popular car at this year's Nationals. Thanks to everyone for the support!

Congrulations to the Dirtburners crew, Barry and the ROAR RMT for an awesome event, everyone who will represent the U.S. at next year's Worlds, Ryan Maifield for a great performance...

...and to Adam Drake, the 2007 ROAR 1/8th scale Off-Road National Champion!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KForce View Post
can you even buy the taper pins anywhere yet? adam ran a set of pinks at the midwest champs at our track crcrc but i haven't seen a set since
we've had them at our shop for about a month now, silver, red and, pink compounds.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #124
Tech Regular

I think I only used the taper pins in the 4th qualifier and definately used them in the 60min main. I think in each of the 1st through 3rd qualifiers I ran a different tire/compound. After the qualifier if I were to wash the tires I bet anyone would have a hard time teling if they were worn any by sight alone. After the main my left front was the worst and had a small bald streak with a shadow reminisce of where the pins use to be, but it wasn't terribly bald. The rest of the tires were worn but were in pretty good shape.
Hot Bodies, HPI, Novak Electronics, JR Propo, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Planet R/C, Vinyl Graphics Unlimited, JConcepts, B-Mods Racing, CRCRC, King's R/C Raceway, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, & Pacific Coast Hobbies.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey slobba...hows the grille?

I can't believe that happened!

Oh and great job last week!

Aaron ......you got a pin? where's mine

worlds in 08! I think we will have a great team.

Awesome job to The Drake for his first National Championship

Go Losi!
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #126
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
hey all:After looking at allot of pics from this event all i can say is WOW!!! looks like everybody and his brother is getting into 1/8th 4wd buggy racing like they did for the 1/10th 4wd sedan class 6 or 7 years ago.Can some one tell me whitch racers these two buggy's belong to?Thanks for the info
Casey Peck Losi Driver, guy that posted before me, and Drakes pit man!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRCaddict View Post
Casey Peck Losi Driver
they both belong to casey peck???
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #128
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
they both belong to casey peck???
Casey Peck driving the black red blue Losi 8ight.

Travis Amezcua driving the yellow Hot Bodies buggy.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

thats better...i thought that was travis's buggy...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Pictures are now up!

See http://www.rcscoringpro.com

Then click on the Photo Album link

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #131
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default track

sorry guys im not from the US the farm 2 where abouts is that?
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 AM   #132
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's in North Carolina http://www.thefarm2.com/directions.asp
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #133
Tech Rookie

This is a video I made from the nats on the RC8, Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkX2wXtH20

Thanks JR Mitch
http://www.rcnitrojam.com/modules/news/
rcnitrojam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #134
Tech Legend

very kool VIDEO...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #135
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim