R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I didn't like the fuel consumption with the Blue insert, it sucked too much fuel and ran about 5 to 6 minutes. The Red insert allows me to get 7 to 8 minutes and I can't feel any loss of power on the tracks I race on (loose and rutted).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just to report back, the insert experiments went fine. I actually ended up with the 7mm in my truggy C6 and the 6mm in my 8ight's C6.

I went a little too lean on the 7mm truggy and flamed out after a refuel during the main. I forgot to take into account the air filter getting dirty and leaning itself out...doh! A slight adjustment and it ran fine the rest of the main. It felt slightly slower to me but the truck used the power of the C6 more efficiently and I was getting at least 8 min run time (I didn't push it). My friend with an S7 in his truggy couldn't believe how fast the thing was when he took it for a spin.

The C6 w/6mm insert in my 8ight was still a beast! I took more time dialing that in during practice. More controllable and I almost made 11 min run time I missed the call and flamed out about half way on the track. Other than that little bobble, the C6 was flawless, still too much power for the 8ight.
Associated SC10.2, RC10B2, RC10T2, RC10
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Thanks for the update on the C6BB and the 8B. I was (maybe still am, never know) debating on the same setup. I think Ill stick with the WS7III.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

On the left is the stock Jammin 8mm insert, and then the 6.5mm and 5mm carb inserts I made . I had a heck of a time at Monster Madness with the rutted, rocky, and dusty ass track, hopefully these will tone the engine down a bit and make it less like an on/off switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Carb Inserts...how to tune when changing them-dscn0222.jpg  
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post
hopefully these will tone the engine down a bit and make it less like an on/off switch.
That is a function of the trigger finger!
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #36
Tech Elite

I've been driving 2wd trucks/cars for the past 6 months, I know how to use the throttle. However, when the track is blown out to smithereens, has golfball sized rocks everywhere, and has the consistency of beach sand, it's kind of tough to drive anything.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Got to drive the car today and tested it with a 5mm insert I made( stock is 8mm) . Plenty of power down low, but there was a noticable lack of power on top. Given the track I was running on, I didn't miss it. Easily obtained 8 minutes per tank and could hang with a buddies car running an s7.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post
On the left is the stock Jammin 8mm insert, and then the 6.5mm and 5mm carb inserts I made . I had a heck of a time at Monster Madness with the rutted, rocky, and dusty ass track, hopefully these will tone the engine down a bit and make it less like an on/off switch.
More than inserts, this is a matter of low-end needle shape and exhaust, if you need a more progressive low-end to mid-rpms you need to work out what I told you, making smaller inserts doesn't solve the problem, just masks it.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R View Post
More than inserts, this is a matter of low-end needle shape and exhaust, if you need a more progressive low-end to mid-rpms you need to work out what I told you, making smaller inserts doesn't solve the problem, just masks it.
Are carb inserts the way to go to get better run time or to de tune engine for less power. I've got the Losi 8 427 motor in my VTX buggy and am pnly getting about 3 1/2-4 min. run time any suggestions