Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stolen RC Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

trailor was not stolen, last i heard lance sold it out west. the stuff was removed from the trailor and kept at his residence, where the crime occured. i put a call over to gus to see if they have a list yet but i have yet to hear back. i'll keep ya'll updated as i know more.

-James
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

yeah, we also had a problem out there where we had a 2 day race and a couple trailors got broken into overnight. most races they have there now have security. I remember when i was a kid racing, and mowing lawns to pay for it. I was especially touched when my onroad track in minnesota held a USTC triple crown race. i happened to be sitting next to a fellow named chris mockermann who unluckily had all his stuff jacked from the back of his truck when he stopped at a quick stop to use the restroom. he said he we in there all of 30 seconds, and yet someone still got their hands on it. This hobby is among the worst for being hit with crime, and it truly saddens me to know how hard people work to be able to make it to some of these races. people who have nothing else but their residence, car, and awesome r/c cars. jsut to have that taken by some heartless f*ck head who doesnt care.

-James
Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yea it seems like rc and paintball have the most stolen stuff in hobbies....
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That really sucks. Last year my local track had a light plant (see pic) stolen right after the new owner took over. It was almost a year before we had good lighting for night races again. They've also had people break into the office and steal stupid crap like T-shirts and candy. Idiots.

I've also been to races where people have left all their stuff out on pit tables overnight with no problem, so hopefully that says something for the rest of us. I'm still not that trusting though.
Attached Thumbnails Stolen RC Equipment-ir_light_plant1.jpg  
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i really hope they get them.... what go's around come's around...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Bad karma comes back on you. They will tell a friend what they done and someone will overhear the story. They will get caught.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Bad karma comes back on you. They will tell a friend what they done and someone will overhear the story. They will get caught.
If only you COULD count on that sort of thing happening. Being a thief doesn't necessarily make you an idiot.
I unfortunately have a similar tale. I purchased and took over operations of Planet R/C Raceway in Indy as of April 1st (yea great date), and not 3 weeks later MY SAFE GREW LEGS and WALKED OUT ON ME! Now we're 2 Months down the road and I haven't had any little birds telling me anything.
All the sympathy and FLAMING SMILIES are great, but I'd like to make at least one suggestion. Since it was product, and not cash as was my case, you have a little to work with.
If it wasn't someone involved in R/C, it may have been someone looking for quick cash. In this case get an inventory list together and LOTS OF PHOTOS of the product. It doesn't have to be the exact parts, just something that a person would recognize. Then hit all the pawn shops in your area. These guys do not like dealing in stolen stuff, and will alert the cops if anything comes in their door.