Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Problems with T-Maxx....stock output yoke won't fit on front diff?? >

Problems with T-Maxx....stock output yoke won't fit on front diff??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with T-Maxx....stock output yoke won't fit on front diff??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problems with T-Maxx....stock output yoke won't fit on front diff??

I just picked up a used T-Maxx from a guy. He's done some mods to it, but I don't really have any good info on what he has done, or what brand the aftermarket parts are.

One problem that I'm having is that when I got the truck, the previous owner didn't have any driveshafts going to the front tires. I went to the hobby store and bought a pack of 2 halfshafts for the front. Well I get home and find out that the stock output yokes for the front differential won't fit. It looks like the guy must have installed bevel gears in the front diff with bigger diameter output shafts, so the hole in the stock output yoke is to small to fit over the shaft coming out of each side of the front diff.

Can someone give me some info on this? Are there output yokes out there that will work with the bigger output shafts coming out of the front diff? The hole in the stock output shaft yoke is around .200", but the safts coming out of each side of the front diff is around .235".

There is a spool (in the background) that is in the rear diff.....and it has the same shaft diameter......way bigger than stock. There are aftermarket metal yokes on the rear diff...they will also fit the front diff. My problem is that the stock plastic yokes won't fit.

Can someone give me some info please.

Thanks for the help

Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You probably have the wrong yokes, there are two different sizes on the Tmaxx. The ones on the main tranny are smaller, all 3 yokes on the diff are the larger ones. P/N's 4928X and 4927X.