Wiki Posts
Search

buggy ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Heffer-
Does your local LHS support it? This is the biggest thing for people being able to live with their purchase. Make sure you can get parts.
Have fun.
The Picco motor will be peaky compaired to the Nova. Run a good 3 chamber pipe to smooth it out and you will love it.
TEX
Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah, all the tracks that i go to have really good support for jammin. thats kinda why i chose it also. the parts are also cheaper than the mugen i think. when i had my mugen the parts were still kinda expensive. but the good thing about it was that i didnt need to buy them a lot. is the JP-3 a 3 chamber pipe? thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heffer
i think i am going to be getting me a jammin, just becase they are cheaper to find right now. also, for the 21-7bt, how ar ethe jp series pipe for it? thanks
i ran a JP3 pipe on mine and it ran great....
Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok cool. do i need to shim my engine to run 30% out the box. it didnt come with any shims, i also havent had a chance to check deck height, so im not sure. also, how are the od 97t plugs on this engine? i got a bunch from when i had my picco p7 evo2. also, what runtimes are you getting? and what breakin method should i use? thanks
Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

your novarossi can run 30% rite out of the box...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My XB8TQ was my first kit I ever assembled, and Im goin on 2 years without breaking a part.

I chose the Xray for local parts support, support from local racers and a factory sponsored driver for Xray Canada's suggestions, tips and guidance.

The key to picking the right machine are as follows:

1) Parts Availability
2) Durability
3) Tuning Options

I for one love my XB8TQ, Ive ran it hard for 2 years and havent broken anything. It seems strange, but its super-durable. I take it to the track at least 3 times a week for practice, and we are just about to start club racing here.

Not to mention, the absolute fantastic parts support from Korgae, with Xray Canada. Ive never had the kind if support he has given me and my racing buddies, from any product ive bought.

So if you go Xray, you wont be disappointed.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heffer
ok cool. do i need to shim my engine to run 30% out the box. it didnt come with any shims, i also havent had a chance to check deck height, so im not sure. also, how are the od 97t plugs on this engine? i got a bunch from when i had my picco p7 evo2. also, what runtimes are you getting? and what breakin method should i use? thanks
I have the Hot Mods version of this motor, and with a #7 short body plug and 7mm carb insert I am getting 8 minuts in my buggy. I have just moved this motor to my truggy which I have yet to run, so no comment in that respect.

As far as break-in, there are many different ways to do it. The heat-cycle method seems to be the most popular. Start it up, put it on the track, and run it rich keeping temps at 200 or so for 5 tanks and then slowly start leaning it out. Now of course my break-in was rushed for this motor as I didn't have much time (3 tanks rich and then race tune) but after 2 gallons it is still running great and is the fastest motor I have owned (versus V-spec, Weks B7, etc.).
-Kane