bashing/racing

Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default bashing/racing

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why a nitro rustler isn't a good racing truck, everyone i talk to say there just good for back yard bashing. And that there not a good racing truck like a gt or losi? If anyone could help me out that would be great. thanks
Old 06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

It's usually best to title your new threads with a description of what's in the thread. You'll get more views (and perhaps more answers) that way.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Unless you're going to get serious with racing, a rustler will do you just fine. If you're track is a sanctioned track, you're going to need a .12 to run with, but most of the RTRs come with a .15 anyway (losi and AE included). Mostly the differences are in adjustability, where The NT and GT usually have more tuning options. If you're racing on a club level, you'll be able to be competitive with the rustler. If you're getting hardcore where ever tenth of a second counts, the NT and GT would be the better option.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If Im not mistaken, the Rustler has a planetary diff. While it is practically bullet proof, a ball diff offers better performance. It will need more maintenance. A couple years ago my track had a guy running one. He did pretty good with it. He isn't racing as often now, family obligations Im sure. But, he has since switched to a GT2. Bottom line, it will be very good and durable to learn with. But after a while, you're competitve side will likely get the better of you and you'll want a more race oriented chassis.