R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Need Help With First Car

My MBX5R instruction manual says I need Rubber Glue and Grease. What kind of rubber glue and what kind of grease do I need?
newbie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you'll be needing glue for your tires to the wheels. and grease for various areas in the build like diffs and shocks and a few other spots maybe. the glus is CA superglue. like losi or proline glue. and the grease you will want a thin,waterproof, beraring grease. you can buy that from a parts store if you like alot for more for the same cost as a grease from a rc company. also when you build your filter use that same grease on the ends of the filter where it contacts the solid plastic ends, this will prevent dirt from entering your motor form under the filter. there is post with some pics that explains that part very well in the racing forum under the phoenixazracers thread.
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

actually, the instruction manual is telling me to use rubber glue to put together the brake pads. is it okay to use the proline glue?
newbie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Talking

24 years! I have never heard that one Bobby. Great idea from you sandy racing guys. I have to grease the end of my filters now.

Thank You!
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
24 years! I have never heard that one Bobby. Great idea from you sandy racing guys. I have to grease the end of my filters now.

Thank You!
TEX
it is one of those things i have been since my Dad taught me how to clean and maintain my filters on my bikes. as he said I'm not riding so im not working on it, but Dad im 8 yrs old. "so you have to learn sometime." it wasnt anything i ever really thought about telling anyone i just did it. then one of local guys posted that on our local forum and i thought wow what great advice for everyone. i hope you went to the thread and checked out the pics and the full explaination. in any case no problem for anyone it helps out.
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote