R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

im at a gallon and a half, and i can still pinch so hard at TDC that it can stop my bump box (when engine is cold), lots of power and fuel mileage is great at around 10 to 10 1/2 minutes a tank running 230 to 240 with red insert and 8 to 8 1/2 with no insert....
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #47
EG1
Tech Regular

The 5 port regular plug GO tech in my MBX5T is an animal. All the guys who run high end mills are nothing but impressed with the GO engines so far. I can not tell any difference between my engine and the turbo head 5 port that a friend runs. I do prefer turbo heads as the plugs last forever.

I run my STS 0403 piipe as it worked best out of the pipes I tried. I would like to grab an 086 soon though.
EG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #48
Tech Regular

Talk about revolutionary. The GO engines 5 and 7 port only so far. Has revolutionised the Nitro engine market. These engines just put all the high end mills to shame.
IMO the GO is by far better than OS, Novarossi or RB.
OS for reliability, Novarossi or RB for price.
I know its a bold statement. But I have experience with all of them and the I cannot find myself talking aout more money for the high end mills if the GO has proven to me to have the same or better performance across the range.
Lifespan on GO: I have yet to see a GO pop. Havent seen or heard of any. Mine still going from last year October.

My only problem now is that I have 1 Nova P5, 1 JP B5N and 1 Crono RS5.
These engines will probably take me through 3 years of racing.
When do I get to race my GO's

I have also been playing with the GO 4 port. It comes in the ready to run version with pullstart. I ripped off the pullstart, slapped on a 7port backplate, ported the sleeve and slapped on the 7 port carb. I did not expect much.
I ran the engine (and the only difference being the sleeve. Same bore and stroke.) WOW if the OS 4port can work why not Go 4port. The engine is fantastic. Very good bottom mid and its also a screamer. Much better on fuel economy. Got over 10 min on a tank. Got this in my son's X1.
Just dont have enough time to give it all a run.
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote