R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-19-2007, 04:29 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

the best thing is the P/S are cheap try find a cheap one for the +7 you'll be at the price difference
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Hey guys this is russell with Racefactor Industries the U.S. dist of the Go tech engines. I appreciate all the nice things that were said about the go engines. I just wanted to make a comment about the .28 that had problems.

The sport engines are a RTR engine, RTR engines are pushed to the lowest possible price by the car mfgrs. So they use the lowest possible materials thruought to save costs. They are also usually machined in very large batches which can be an issue for quality control. Overall the RTR engines did turn out to be good performers but had some teething issues.

The Race engines are completely different they use the same quality materials as the other more expensive engines and they even buy their bearings from Italy and the bearings have held up excellent. The engines are not very pipe sensitive but the 5port does like the 086 and the 7port does like the 053, I run the dynamite pipes and I really like how durable and cheap they are. As was mentioned any engine bought in the U.S. from a dealer (Not ebay) has come thru me and I open every engine up and check for any metal inside the case I also put in extra after run oil on the crank pin and on top of the piston to ease break in, I am only human and can make mistakes or miss things so it is a good idea to go thru every engine no matter the brand when they are brand new.

I am not trying to sway you either way I think its important for people to buy what they want, I tell people that all the time when they ask me what buggy they should get or anything, I say find the one you like the most and buy that one, because after you spend the money on something you didn't want you will nit pick and say I should have bought that. I usually tell people to buy the engine you want and if it doesn't perform the way you want or meet your expectations give the Go engine a try.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well Russell I decided to do both. I ordered the RB C6BB7T, BUT since I racked up enough points with Carolinasrc I decided to use my gift certificate to also buy the Go 5 port. Will be breaking them in over the week and will try out both. Russell does the 5 port turbo head use short turbo plugs like the OS P3?
All controlled by 3PK/FASST
magbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #34
Tech Regular

The OS p3 is the best plug for the Go turbo engines, Unfortunately at this time Go does not make a turbo plug so the turbo engines do not come with plugs, the standard engines all feature 2 go #5 standard plugs which are a short plug and comparable to an O.S. #8
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Russ whats up,

I am still running the Hyper 8 but still have rear tractions issues.I wanted to ask you why A-main discontinued the GO motors do you know?And any tips on rear traction for the Hyper 8 would be cool too.
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Russ, does the 5 port GO have the cajones to push along my 11lb matrix truggy? The main reason I decided to give the GO a try was I was running against my friend last night who still has his stock CEN .28 GO motor. His matrix truggy was keeping up with my LRP powered one. I like my .28 LRP but it's mileage just plain stinks with only about 5 min run time. It'd be great to see if the 5 port .21 GO can power a 11lb truggy. If not I'll put the RB in the truggy instead. BTW I ordered 3 OS P3 plugs and should be ready to go.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would just like to say Go tech RULEZ
rossoh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #38
Tech Regular

It will push the Truggy very well just make sure and get the Turbo version, Its obviously not gonna have .28 torque but it will improve fuel mileage and top end considerably, because of the less torque you will probably see faster lap times due to less wheel spin. One of my Team drivers ran it in his hot bodies truggy (pretty heavy truggy) and it pushed it just fine.

Motomanpat thats cool I am glad you are liking the buggy still, pm what your problem is and I will try to help get the rear end planted. Amain decided to not carry the engines due to supply issues with the mfgr. the engines have been selling out everywhere within a few days and it has been hard to keep up with the demand, the factory is getting more recognized all over the world and they moved into a larger faciility as well, they have plans to go to the top and i will due my best to try and help achieve that goal.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

What GO Tech engine is better all around the 5 or 7 port, I'll get the standard plug version. I have a JP-3 pipe.

Russ is your race contigency program for real? If so please tell me details, details, details.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Swaybarz the contingency program is for real I have given away 7-8 engines so far this year. But you do need to make sure that you meet the requirements and you also need to provide a receipt for your engine purchase.

Swaybarz, both engines are very good and there really isn't a best, thats why they are offered at very comparable prices. It really comes down to the level of traction and size and layout of the tracks you run on as well as a little bit of driver preference. if you race at tracks that arevery rough or low traction then go 7port if you race on small tight tracks then go 5port, you can also get both engines to kind of overlap there powerbands with gearing, pipe and clutch tuning.

Let me know what vehicle you run as well what track and I could be better and helping you make a choice what would work better for you. Also I have found people who come from O.S. engines prefer the 7port cause its a smoother powerband and people who come from Rossi engines prefer the 5port because its more powerful bottom end engine very comparable to a p5 but with a little more top end (with a 086 pipe)
Old 06-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

I race an XRAY XB8 TQ soon to be an EC, and a revo 3.3(just for fun). Our racing team travels around Ark, MO, TX, KS, IA, NEB, LA, IL, OK, and any where else. We also run the north div. of the rc pro series. I see track conditions for dry and dusty to wet to anything in between.

I normaly like a little more low end power, but not an insane amout.

Also on the race contingency program, is it 50 overall entries or 50 entries in a class? because the race series we run gets 60 to 70 overall entries easy, and I have always been in the top 5 in buggy A.

Just for fun have you thought about making a small block engine for the revo so people have more than just traxxas or O.S.?
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #42
Tech Adept

Russ, I already have the full set of JP's 1/2/3. Will the JP-2 or a JP-3 be a good substitute for the 5 port for better top-end? Or will I be better served with a dynamite 086 like you previously recommended. I don't mind spending the $50 for the dynamite if you feel it will perform better than the jp2/3.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Swaybarz I would say go the 5port route, it is the best route if you like low end power. Pick up an 086 pipe and you will be good to go. The factory currently makes a .18 but they are a sport engine and I have not imported them yet since we are still building a name for the brand and focusing on the heated big block engine size at the moment. I can make them available if i get enough requests.

The contingency program requires 50 entries in a single class, So 50+ entries for the entire race is not eligible. The goal is to make it a realistic program but also it needs to be for fairly large events and making the a-main needs to be a accomplishment. it also does not matter what class also as long as there 50 drivers in the class.

Magbarn I would say to run either the jp-2 or jp-3 and you will see good results but the best pipe for the 5port is the 086 it will wake up the engine thru the entire powerband compared to the Jp series pipes. The engines are not pipe sensitive so you will see good performance from almost all pipes.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Anything novarossi based will give you what you want. My truggy has a +7bt in it that has a 13 tooth clutchbell on it (its not even fully broke in) and it beats the higher geared trucks on the strait. You dont need more power than that.
Z_Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
that was the old TL21 with the 3 needle carb, the new TL.21PRO is alot easier to tune with the mid fixed and only 2 needles....Im running the new .21PRO and it tuned up in a snap, easy and fast...

Jason,

How is this engine holding up for you? Just curious about how the compression is holding up. I just broke mine in yesterday and it feels great & sounds great with the 2013 pipe. I would agree with you on the ease of tuning.

Thanks
*Topher* is offline   Reply With Quote