R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Now ones suggested http://www.vxrracing.com/ they fall of the radar or something

OOPS MY BAD EL PEDRO HAS
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to patrick21x
Thumbs up HT LI PO BATTERIS for reciever, transmitter, starter box

Whats up guys, I recently bought a whole LiPo set up from HT BATTERIES. I got (2) HT220 w/ (2) HT400 Voltage Regulators, HT500 starter box Battery, and the HT310 Transmitter pack for my M11. I am not new to Lipo,s and have been using them in rc Helis for a while. However I did not have any charger leads to fit the HT packs. To make it easy I also bought the HT150 balance charger.

REVIEW

The HT220 Reciever packs fit great in my MBX5R, The On/Off switch went in perfect (and it has a built in fail safe) I was worrried about the voltage regulator being inside the battery box for cooling reasons so i called HT BAtteries. They told me it was fine just dont cover the heat sink w/ foam. I have a reciever pack in both my MBX5R's. They run awsome and I love having the constant 6Volts to my servos. The braking is consistant and they dont fade like they do from your voltage dropping in a regular hump Pack. They have ran flawlessly ever since i have owned them. I have never exsperianced them getting hot while running or charging. I usually charge them after the third run to make sure they are peaked for the 10 MIN Main. (the more you charge them the better)

THE HT500 Starter Box Battery is awsome. It is about a 3rd in size compared to my gel cell and it turns the starter motor faster than i have seen. Just last night I had 3 guys including my self using my starter box because theirs went dead. It started all our buggys all night without slowing down. And I was using it as a power supply for my HT ballance charger. This pack is awsome and i recomend it to everyone.

HT310 Transmitter pack for the M11. The Pack fits very snug in the M11, It hardly takes up any room like the 8 nicads. I run all day and the voltage never dropped below 12 volts. No more worrying about your transmitter going dead

HT150 BALANCE CHARGER. I opted to get there charger because of there charger leads and plugs are diffrent from the set up that I had. But more inportantly, their charger is only $65 and it charges all there packs, some two at a time. I run the charger off my starter box that is powered by the HT500 pack, and I can charge me transmitter or two reciever packs at the same time. Red led's tell you how many cells are charging and they turn all green when they are finished charging. How easy could it get. The charger comes with a cigarette adapter. I just cut that off and soldered two bannana plugs on. So i can now run the charger off my starter box or my 12v Power supply.

ALL in All I am very pleased w/ this new LiPo set up and have been recomending them to evryone. If you get their charger it is so easy to maintance all you packs. Nothing beats running all day without worrying about your batteris going dead. I hope this little personal review helps shed some light on the subject, these are just my opinions on the HT LiPO Batteries.
Later Guys, Patrick

LINK TO HT BATTERIES
http://www.htbatteries.com/Public_html/Rx%20Packs.htm
patrick21x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i too have the ht pack for my m11 and reciever pack for my jammin with the 150 balance charger. all is super good!
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default commonsenserc

Common Sense Rc has come out with some great reciever packs with the balancing leads. have a look
http://www.commonsenserc.com They also make radio specific packs.
canuck35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have HT 1500 packs in my 8t and mbx5r. I love them. I got an hour and 30 mins on one charge.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
Tech Regular

The HT packs work well. I have had it in my car since the Nitro Challenge and have had no problems whatsoever.
MXer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #22
Tech Addict

B4 Brad

I am always afraid to keep running my 1500 pack for more than 1/2 hour without a charge. When running a 6 volt regulator will you ever be able to tell that your pack is getting low. Does it go from 6 volts to nothing. I am afraid the pack is going to get low and i will not be able to tell until it is too late and i have my throttle stuck wide open. Any help on this subject?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x View Post
B4 Brad

I am always afraid to keep running my 1500 pack for more than 1/2 hour without a charge. When running a 6 volt regulator will you ever be able to tell that your pack is getting low. Does it go from 6 volts to nothing. I am afraid the pack is going to get low and i will not be able to tell until it is too late and i have my throttle stuck wide open. Any help on this subject?
Wire this lipo low voltage cutoff with piezo alarm into your system: http://pfmdistribution.com/secure/sh...asp?itemid=203
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been looking at getting a li po rx and starter box pack, and based on my experience with maxamps li pos for mini cars I'll be using them for my nitro car as well. I've already got their 1720 mah 7.4V rec pack (which will work in any application where a 5 cell hump pack works), and will be ordering a 14.8V 2100 HV pack and cell balancer from them this coming week.

You can get by without a cell balancer, we have plenty of guys who run minis on lipo and have never put them on a balancer. You just get better output and longer life by using a balancer.

Several regulators made for lipo rec packs feature an led monitor that shows green when voltage is OK, then turns red when voltage gets low enough to need charging. You can't really have something which would cut rx power, so the light is about as good as it's going to get. Having never used one I can't say how hot they get, but several guys who use them in planes say they can reach 100 deg F. I don't know if that's unique to planes and their higher servo count putting a heavier draw on the pack, or if it's something to be concerned about. One way to beat the need for a regulator is to run robot servos since they are rated at 7.4V.

I've had an LOA for a while now having picked one up in a trade for some mini stuff, and it will be going on my starter box lipo pack.

I'd really like to go li po for my transmitter as well, but I'm still using na M8 and without opening it up and installing a plug I'm pretty much shot there.
fhm555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.vxrracingusa.com/prodM_LTS311100.htm

Lipo for the M8.

I have used VXR lipos for all reciever and transmitter batteries for some time now. Never thought of using one for a starter box though, the 12v sealed batteries last forever and do the job.
El Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #26
Tech Addict

I had a brand new HT Batteries Starter Box pack go bad just after a few charges. I sent it back and 6 days later I recieved a brand new one in the mail. I was stoked. No call or anything from Eric, He just simply sent me a brand new pack, no questions asked. I stand behind their packs and service for sure.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

At Common Sense RC we have the perfect setup. We sell a pack designed specifically for replacement for the Rx pack. We also have a very nice voltage regulator that gives a constant 6 volts for the whole charge. This is very nice as your servos never loose any torque or speed.

We also have a replacement pack for transmitters. It includes a built in low voltage cutoff so you never have to worry if you accidentally leave your transmitter on.

Thanks,
Common Sense RC
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Common Sense RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sense RC View Post
At Common Sense RC we have the perfect setup. We sell a pack designed specifically for replacement for the Rx pack. We also have a very nice voltage regulator that gives a constant 6 volts for the whole charge. This is very nice as your servos never loose any torque or speed.

We also have a replacement pack for transmitters. It includes a built in low voltage cutoff so you never have to worry if you accidentally leave your transmitter on.

Thanks,
Common Sense RC
www.CommonSenseRC.com
and a sweet 3850mah starterbox lipo.
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to James Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sense RC View Post

Thanks,
Common Sense RC
www.CommonSenseRC.com

I have to give Commonsense a very, Very, VERY big plus 1 in customer service! I had a minor problem with one of their 1500 receiver packs and I emailed them about it. After a few hours, they respond telling me to send it back. Well, 3 days later, guess what's in the mail? A NEW receiver pack! Nobody can beat their customer service. Since then, I have bought 4 more Commonsense lipos and will be buying more in the near future.
James Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

i'm planning on going lipo pack for my m11. i'm new to lipo and want to take advantage of the it being lightweight.
so whatever config the lipo rx pack i'll get, what's the minimum voltage that each cell should stay at? i heard its not good to completely deplete lipos.
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote