Wiki Posts
Search

What is best Running Temp on .21 OS V-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default What is best Running Temp on .21 OS V-Spec

I did a couple searches and could not find any info.

What is the best running temp on .21 motors, specifically the OS V-Spec?
What is to hat for a motor and whatis considered a good temp range?

My V-SPEC runs best at 230-250 but i am afraid that is too hot. If i Richen it up it just takes to long to get into its power band. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patrick
Old 06-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Patrick do not rely entirely on temp, gauge performance by how the car goes on the track as much as anything else, also very important how is the clutch set up if it engages to early it wil bog a bit which will act like you say, most modern motors prefer a higher rpm engage to get them in the rpm range that works best, when i was running the H7 pro i asked some team guys what they were running (grass mind in UK) they were using hoboa black shoes drilled with 2x 2mm holes and 1.1springs that should give you an idea, since using the mugen i just stick to alu shoes and 1mm/1.1mm springs depending on grip dont think i have used .9mm yet, you could always try the mid range jet turn it in a full turn from stock then back low range jet out a full turn to keep mixture setting the same, this will move the way the power comes in give it a try if it doesnt work go back, always remember to make the opposite change to the opposite jet, set motor up to be rich from cold and a good supply of smoke is healthier than none at all, if like some people you start up and within a couple of seconds the motors running clear and crisp your probably to lean somewhere.

HTH
Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

I run mine in the 250-260 range. I run the eb mod version. It's a really good engine.