Wiki Posts
Search

Change or Stay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Change or Stay?

I have an Hyper/HoBao hyper st truggly, raced at Jimmy Babcock yesterday for first time it didnt do great at first two heats until fixed up a little at last heat it did great then at main it did great.. Though my only problem is the hop up, upgrades, and spare parts.. its hard to find at any hobby shops or online.. even the OFNA website..

So it just came out in Feb of 2007 of corse, but I am debating if I shall move on and get a Kyosho truggly or Losi 8ight (everyone has that, all looks same and copys eachother). So yeah help me out, if you know of parts for the hyper st by hobao racing team, or so.. or any good deals on Kyosho truggly..

Thanks.. Jaime
Old 06-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

I think you should be alright. Check out the other truggies, might be the same story in terms of parts. Depending on what parts your looking for, some of the parts are under hyper 7 or 8 which is great if you use to drive the hyper buggy. Then again there arent that many things that break on the ST. There arent that many hop ups available yet but I remember hearing that the Pro version will be coming out so watch out for that. Hobao will probably start releasing hopups once they release the pro. Iv always thought of the st as a competitive RTR.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

nitrohouse.com

this should help ya out with parts. personaly, i'd keep the truggy. since you've spent some on buying it, why sell it so soon? give it one more chance. i've heard there competitve too so don't think you can't win with it. most of winning is driving skill and not the car.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

if your looing for hop ups for the hyper 7 check ebay i used to have one...very good car,,, and there is a dealer on there called dinball... over seas but good prices,,, i thought the shipping was slow,,but his feed back is good,,, yannick upgrade longer chassis milled chassis and shock towers and diffrent shocks with thicker shafts