R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM   #91
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Product has taken flight!!

Just to let everyone know the product is in flight and should be here by the end of the week - if any dealers are interested please give me a call or email me as this first shipment is almost gone already - we will also have a booth at the rc pro series finals so everyone can see the new factory buggy and truggy ( so long as something doesnt happen in customs )

cameron@teamcasterracing dot com
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up Very interesting.....

Cam -
Good choice in Mike B. being your guy. Prob one of the best all around drivers in the country. Now if he would just put the other cars down and quit playing around.
The guy can really drive anything.
I saw the boxes over at Indy the other day. I can't wait to see the car in action. I always like to see the new stuff and the angles different manufacturers take to address known issues.
See you guys around!
TEX
<-------Not done yet!
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 AM   #93
Tech Addict

Howdy, what shells fit this car? I heard it was very similar to the Mugen mbx5 - is that true? and if so, will I be able to stick a JConcepts mbx5 shell on there?
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #94
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

I drove Ed's car Sunday, so here are my observations. Note that I drive an MBX-5 Prospec currently, and it's a PIG compared to this car. I DO have the MBX-5R front hing pin holder, which improved the Mugen, but it's no contest. The Caster turns better, without all the drama with brakes and throttle needed to coax a Mugen around the corner.

First impression: HOLY COW THIS THING TURNS! No stupid pushing through the corners like my Mugen. A+ on the turning ability.

Next: Ed's setup is a little loose. I'm not experienced enough to push it with that setup. GOOD for a driver that likes to be "slideways." A little twitchy, but controllable. Something like the previous Xray, maybe just a tad tamer. The rear WILL step out pretty easily, but it's also pretty easy to catch it and control it. No worse than my Mugen with my current setup, which is pretty aggressive... but I've done EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE to try to get that Mugen to turn, and it's just way too much effort to drive it consistantly. (lighter front bar to plant the front end, very light shock setup, maximized the caster for on-power steering, etc.) Mugen is a great beginner car, very forgiving with a "normal" setup. This car would be faster in the right hands, no question whatsoever.

I went so far as to take my Mugen and "mirror" Ed's radio settings to see if that made a difference. No dice. The Mugen won't turn like that. It's just not gonna happen.

Additionally: Holy cow it accelerates... hooks up better under power than my Mugen, and that motor is a nasty freak! I'm running a Werks B7 Pro, and I don't usually get pulled, but that car just squirts off the line, and just a touch too much throttle and it's lighting up the tires. That contributed to the "loose" impression I'm sure. Again, not loose in a bad way like my old OFNA 9.5, just a little edgy. Very light, nimble car, almost like a Losi, maybe a little edgier. I'm sure I could tame it down a little to suit my skill level... like I said, Ed runs a VERY aggressive setup, intentionally.

There is NOTHING in this price point that comes close, period. It's a competitive car for a bargain-basement price. Build quality appears to be equal to the Mugen, for maybe 2/3 the cost.

As for the question about shells... look at the Austin "Nitro Invitational" pics. See the pink and silver car? That's Ed's car, running Ron Fleck Jr's old Kyosho shell. It should interchange nicely with any shell made for a Kyosho or Mugen. I believe that one happens to be a Majestic body, but the ProLine should fit also. Note that the body post layout in the back is NICE. You could run the body with a substantial "lip" across the back for strength. That doesn't work on a lot of cars.

Brad
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #95
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
Just to let everyone know the product is in flight and should be here by the end of the week - if any dealers are interested please give me a call or email me as this first shipment is almost gone already - we will also have a booth at the rc pro series finals so everyone can see the new factory buggy and truggy ( so long as something doesnt happen in customs )

cameron@teamcasterracing dot com
Cameron,

Good Luck at the Pro Series race!
jpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #96
Tech Adept

Thanks John cant wait to get back and do some carpet racing!!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #97
Tech Adept

See everyone at the RC Pro Series International Finals. cam
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Good luck to all running at teh RC Pro International especially those running the ZX-1R Pro
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

Cam keep us up to date on how the new cars are working over there in Texas.
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #100
Tech Master

Hey everyone check out the new Caster ZX-1R Pro buggy at Casterracing.com. Its sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!!!
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #101
Tech Rookie

Is ZX-1 Pro as durable as X Ray buggy?
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #102
Tech Master

Yes it is. The car is super durable!!!! Mike B. has something like 6-8 gallons on his buggy with no breaks!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #103
Tech Elite

Ive been running the Casterracing buggies from there inception and have to say the new ZX-1R is a absolutely different beast to the earlier version.
I Love my buggy and unfortunately the earlier cars gave caster a bit of a bad name but thats all about to change.

In the new year i will have the new Factory Team kit and am looking forward to it big time
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #104
Tech Master

Yeah the new buggies are super durable and have been revised. They are something sweet. Also the Pro kit is soon to be available and that car is DIALLLLED!!!! Check it out casterracing.com.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #105
Tech Rookie

Wow.. i think i should have one,
is ZX-1R have any review or official review?

and what the differences between ZX-1R and the factory team kit?

Last edited by madcat; 11-08-2007 at 12:29 AM.
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote