R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #811
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

^^ I'm sorry but that proves nothing. In a head on collision it depends on how the cars hit each other. It sometimes takes a certain angle for something to snap whereas in a different collision that particular part would've been fine.
I drove a Caster for a bit and while it was a fine buggy the plastics are not quite up to Mugen quality..
news1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #812
Tech Regular

How long ago was this? And you are right, but for a mugen driver to say that is still saying something. Mugens are sought after for their reliability, I am just trying to point out you don't have to spend 500+ on a kit to get a great product, with quality parts.
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #813
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
looks like the chinese have copied the mugen and produced a 'new' car
Oh my God, it is 2006 again! Actually, the "new" Mugen arms on the MBX6 are something we put in our time machine and transported back into 2007....

Still waiting for anyone else to have an electric 1/8 scale....It has been over 6 months.....

Iowa is one of the 50 states last I knew.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #814
Tech Apprentice

You're right, the Caster is a good choice for the price point, no doubt.
I drove a Caster earlier this year.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #815
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hopefull I will get a chance to drive one for myself soon and feel the quality first hand.

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #816
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

a lot of parts and materials have been changed to way better quality, top of the line quality...

for example... look at the Tamiya truggy and a few months ago lots of people were saying that it was no good because it was a Tamiya, but now that Lutz is going to Tamiya people started talking good things about the Tamiya truggy... wake up guys and stop being so blind and simple minded..
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #817
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
looks like the chinese have copied the mugen and produced a 'new' car
You may think it is a copy but ALOT of stuff is different and will not swap unless you do a whole assembly or something. It has been said by MANY mugen drivers who now run Caster that it will out turn a mugen, out handle a mugen and way easier to drive than a mugen. The quality of the Caster is equal to if not better than a mugen too. I guess you call X-ray "chinese" too right? That is a flat out copy of a Losi according to how you are comparing the mugen and Caster.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #818
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by news1213 View Post
^^ I'm sorry but that proves nothing. In a head on collision it depends on how the cars hit each other. It sometimes takes a certain angle for something to snap whereas in a different collision that particular part would've been fine.
I drove a Caster for a bit and while it was a fine buggy the plastics are not quite up to Mugen quality..
I have had the original version of the ZX-1 from way back in 2004 I think, also I have the very ZX-1 that Paul Coleman drove at the Worlds in 2006 sitting in my garage and I own a ZX1-R from 2007 that old team manager Dominick Sansone raced and I currently race the newest version of the ZX1-R and I can say for a fact because I own ALL of these versions that the newest version is NOT the same as what you drove. The quality is not even comparable to the 2007 version I have. Caster Racing USA has made MAJOR changes to quality and craftsmanship in the past year that will blow your mind of you compare the older ones you guys raced before. The Quality of the plastics IS up to mugen or kyosho or whatever quality you want to compare it too.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #819
Tech Apprentice

Cool, yeah I drove one earlier this year and have been into onroad over the summer so I have been out of the loop a bit. Sounds like you guys made some good improvements over the year. I'm gonna check one out next time I see Clayton..

Quick question, now that most buggies have newer generation designs included with thier buggy (engine mounted forward, chassis narrower) Is Caster going to come out with an updated buggy design sometime soon? (would be cool)
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #820
Tech Regular

Iunno, but why mess with a good thing? They did just release the EX1-R which is a Electric 1/8 scale buggy, and are supposed to be releasing a Electric 1/8 scale truggy, as well as talks of a Corr truck to compete with the SC8. I am sure eventually there will be a newer buggy out, but I do not see the reason for a company to have to release one every year. Make it perfect before you release it, run it for 2 years, make it better. You will gain more money, then just breaking even, or going in the hole. Iunno that is just my point of view on things. You can take a any tops brands old gen buggy and be just as competitive as if you had their newest gen buggy.
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #821
Tech Elite

We have no intention of having a new line annually. Way too much production work, etc...which raises costs. We have changed a few things and settled on exactly what we want. That is why we are announcing to the world NOW instead of in the past.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #822
D8
Tech Master

Caster RacingUSA electric buggy...

link to Neo-Buggy... http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=5034
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 AM   #823
Tech Master

He also has a pic of a RTR that looks awesome too.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 AM   #824
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There is no car that I have ever owned(Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, Ofna, Xray) Been 100% straight out of the box ready to go without any little tweaks that we all like to customize, ready to hit the track in my experience. My recent car (strr) I could not keep it together for nothing. The molds for the front arms were definately something wrong. If I weren't breaking arms, it was chubs or a gas tank. The truck was fast and I won ALOT of races with it, but at that price I would thing that it would be more durable. I"m not going to flame on brands but my point is there are NONE perfect! I can tell you that I have raced the Caster K8-T for about 7 gals now and have yet to break a single plastic part. Not one! So for someone to say X brand is not as good as quality, I would have to disagree. No the truck I run is not stock but like I said before none of the other ones were either. If your someone in these dire times where money is no object, by all means have the finest the hobby has to offer. But to most like myself with families to support and the rising cost of living, the caster line is by far IMHO the best bang for the buck on the market. JMO
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #825
D8
Tech Master

sorry I forgot, but here is the RTR...