R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #721
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
Make sure you check your track width before you set your camber.....I think my lower pillow balls are 6 or 7 threads out.
Well I pretty much got your set up now on my ZX1-R except for Big Bore shocks. Only thing I do not think you mentioned was the ackerman setting you had. From you description of your buggy on the caster site, mine seemed like the total opposite in the turns. Will see how this goes, might be what I was looking for, Maybe not, worth a shot though.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #722
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

New ackerman plate....enter hole
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #723
Tech Master

Quote:
New ackerman plate....enter hole
Dang I still have the old one. I have the new one on my truggy though. Should have some in a couple days hopefully. Cam told me it makes a big difference on the buggy! It did on the truggy.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Just remember this.....there is a right and wrong way to drive a buggy. I'm not the best at driving it the right way...but I know what I'm supposed to do.

If you squeeze the trigger hard enough with with wheels turned....the buggy will go straight. Regardless of your setup or tires.....it's just a fact. On power steering doesn't mean 1/2 throttle or more input.....it just means it's not in neutral or under de-celeration. Some people can drive through a corner on power........I can't. Slow down while I'm straight with enough momentum to carry me (off power) to the center of the turn......then back into the throttle easily. That's what I'm after....usually ends up like a drunk refugee on a bike he stole.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #725
Tech Master

Quote:
Just remember this.....there is a right and wrong way to drive a buggy. I'm not the best at driving it the right way...but I know what I'm supposed to do.

If you squeeze the trigger hard enough with with wheels turned....the buggy will go straight. Regardless of your setup or tires.....it's just a fact. On power steering doesn't mean 1/2 throttle or more input.....it just means it's not in neutral or under de-celeration. Some people can drive through a corner on power........I can't. Slow down while I'm straight with enough momentum to carry me (off power) to the center of the turn......then back into the throttle easily. That's what I'm after....usually ends up like a drunk refugee on a bike he stole.
Well that is sort of what I have been doing but I have been going deep into the turn then tapping my brake to swing the back end around and then power out of it. If I really gave any power at all it would push some. I am a very smooth driver if you say any of my vids and see I am not a blipper by no means at all. I like smooth steady throttle inputs. Now with your setup on the buggy I now have I can be on power alot more then I was and actually hold a line pretty good while still having most of the off power steering I had before. I love it!

BTW head the Caster drivers did awesome this past weekend getting some podiums and TQ's and stuff. Great job guys!!! Have been no racing around my area, been redoing the track the past couple weeks I have been going to a friends house who has a nice clay track and my track running lately and practicing.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #726
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

whats the diff on the acer plate i got car last week do i have new or old plus i got 2 sets of towers which are the good ones
keithw11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 AM   #727
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithw11 View Post
whats the diff on the acer plate i got car last week do i have new or old plus i got 2 sets of towers which are the good ones
The towers NOT installed on car are the new ones. Here is a pic of the new ackerman plate.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:30 AM   #728
Tech Elite

How about a pic of teh different ackeman plate and shock towers next to each other !?!?!?
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #729
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Has anyone had their e-clips coming off while running the car?

Most people dislike the e-clips, but in the past I've never ever had issues with them. I've been thinking of picking a Caster Buggy or Truggy soon, so that's why I had to ask. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #730
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

They are working on captured hinge pins to eliminate the e-clips. The first batch was too soft and had too much flex. There have been a few new samples given to team drivers for testing.

If the e-clips give you too much trouble, the captured pins from a Mugen work perfect. All except the rear hub carrier.
porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 AM   #731
Tech Master

jason i have mugens all the way around and on rear hubs i havent had a proplem yet whats prop are there with them
Old 08-13-2008, 06:12 AM   #732
Tech Master

jason you goint to kansas pro rnd 4 or pro series rnd 4
Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I thought the rear hub pin from the mugen was smaller in diameter. I'll have to check again I guess.
porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #734
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

The mugen ones are the same.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #735
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_clawzz View Post
Has anyone had their e-clips coming off while running the car?

Most people dislike the e-clips, but in the past I've never ever had issues with them. I've been thinking of picking a Caster Buggy or Truggy soon, so that's why I had to ask. Thanks!
From every one I have sold and know running them, they have not had any problems with them coming off. I still put captured hinge pins on just my lower arms and thats it. All my other clips have been perfect so far.