R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #31
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

Hello guys,
I just bought a sweet sp2 thats dialed out, so I figured I would check this thread out and learn some things on the car, I got a ton of spares with it as well at a KILLER price...............is it worth it to upgrade to big bore shocks??? Thats my big question. thanks guys Trevor

heres everything I got with it

J-concepts body painted by Mike Czech @ czech-it-out-graphics (body in decent shape. has normal wear marks)

King headz extended motor mount (5th mount hole not drilled)

King headz frt knuckles

King Headz rear carriers

King headz frt and rear chassis braces

King Headz rear toe blocks full set

King Headz upper and lower suspension holders (full set)

Racer's Edge bulkhead to wingstay brace

Tony's screw kit installed

Kyosho Hard upper tie rod IFW123 NIP

Kyosho Fuel tank NIP

Kyosho sterring pin NIP IF35

Kyosho Shock shaft 53mm NIP IFW140-02

Kyosho Shock shaft 61mm NIP IFW141-02

Kyosho Rear arms NIP IF331

Kyosho Wheel nuts NIP IFW106B

Kyosho alum clutch shoes IFW136 NIP

Kyosho Frt lower arms NIP IF330

Kyosho bulkheads IF112C NIP

Kyosho Shock parts IFW140-07 NIP

Kyosho CLutch springs NIP 1.00mm IFW53

Kyosho Servo saver NIP IF308B

Kyosho ballends 6.8mm 1296 NIP

Kyosho clutch bell 14T 92614 NIP

Kyosho clutch bell 15T 92615 NIP

Kyosho Shimset BS53 NIP

Kyosho Springs green IF336GR IF335GR NIP

Kyosho Springs blue IF335BL

Kyosho Springs White IF335W

SOme other misc items (c-hubs, etc)



my sp2 I just bought from Chicago local - I will get better pics when it arrives













pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #32
Tech Master
 
khoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Along Equator
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

pwnzor, since so much has been done to the car, might as well pop in the big bore shocks. the car is going to be even sweeter.....
The car with the current shocks already handles very well. Why don't you give it a shot and let us know how's the big bore?
khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #33
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

I think im going to, which means I have to get the f/r lightweight universals as well, correct? I will keep you guys posted, Im looking @ prices on the net for big bore kit....who's the cheapest?? thanks Trevor
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You will only need the front Lightened universals, shock standoffs, and green front and rear springs. Build with the stock pistons they come with and try your old oil combination.

Car is better IMO with the new shocks. Feels alot more stable in the choppy stuff and lands big jumps better..

As far as shops that have them. I would go with A - Main Hobbies or www.carolinasrc.com

Its well worth the upgrade...
ultragraffics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

they are like $250 to get f/r....and the rear big bore kit, and the universals are on backorder @ Amain

$170 without uni's
do you really need the unis? I hear you dont

Last edited by pwnzor; 08-13-2007 at 09:10 PM.
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice
 
Crocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington - New Zealand
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
they are like $250 to get f/r....and the rear big bore kit, and the universals are on backorder @ Amain

$170 without uni's
do you really need the unis? I hear you dont
Hi Guys,
I have the Big Bores on order - they should turn up tomorrow so will let you know if the Unis are required. I haven't ordered the unis as I have been advised that you can simply space out the shock to allow clearance.
Will be in touch........
Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:31 AM   #37
Tech Master
 
khoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Along Equator
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultragraffics View Post
You will only need the front Lightened universals, shock standoffs, and green front and rear springs. Build with the stock pistons they come with and try your old oil combination.

Car is better IMO with the new shocks. Feels alot more stable in the choppy stuff and lands big jumps better..

As far as shops that have them. I would go with A - Main Hobbies or www.carolinasrc.com

Its well worth the upgrade...
Dude, I just can't seem to locate the big bore shocks in A-main hobbies. Could you share the link?
thanks
khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #38
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocket View Post
Hi Guys,
I have the Big Bores on order - they should turn up tomorrow so will let you know if the Unis are required. I haven't ordered the unis as I have been advised that you can simply space out the shock to allow clearance.
Will be in touch........
sounds great man..........who did you order them from?
thanks,
Trevor
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice
 
Crocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington - New Zealand
Posts: 68
Default

Hiya,
I bought mine from the LHS here in New Zealand however you guys can buy these from Amain.
There is no single part number for the front or rear as the springs etc are bought seperately.
here are links to each of the parts

KYOIF346 Kyosho Rear Big Bore Shock Set (MP777/ST-R)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14936
KYOIF349 Kyosho Front Big Bore Shock Set (MP777)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14946
KYOIF346-04 Kyosho Big Bore Shock Steel Shock Bushing (4)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14937
KYOIF348-1116 Kyosho Big Bore Rear Shock Set Springs (Light Green - Hard)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14944
KYOIF348-1216 Kyosho Big Bore Rear Shock Set Springs (Purple - Soft)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14945
KYOIF350-816 Kyosho Big Bore Front Shock Set Springs (MP777 Light Green - Hard)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14947
KYOIF350-916 Kyosho Big Bore Front Shock Set Springs (MP777 Purple - Soft)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14948

and the Unis if desired (optional)
KYOIFW333 Kyosho Light Weight Front Universal Swing Shaft (90.7mm)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14933
KYOIFW334 Kyosho Light Weight Rear Universal Swing Shaft (89.5mm)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14934

All these parts are linked from the following page
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph..._25_133/page/4

Cheers...........Dave
Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #40
Tech Master
 
khoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Along Equator
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocket View Post
Hiya,
I bought mine from the LHS here in New Zealand however you guys can buy these from Amain.
There is no single part number for the front or rear as the springs etc are bought seperately.
here are links to each of the parts

KYOIF346 Kyosho Rear Big Bore Shock Set (MP777/ST-R)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14936
KYOIF349 Kyosho Front Big Bore Shock Set (MP777)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14946
KYOIF346-04 Kyosho Big Bore Shock Steel Shock Bushing (4)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14937
KYOIF348-1116 Kyosho Big Bore Rear Shock Set Springs (Light Green - Hard)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14944
KYOIF348-1216 Kyosho Big Bore Rear Shock Set Springs (Purple - Soft)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14945
KYOIF350-816 Kyosho Big Bore Front Shock Set Springs (MP777 Light Green - Hard)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14947
KYOIF350-916 Kyosho Big Bore Front Shock Set Springs (MP777 Purple - Soft)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14948

and the Unis if desired (optional)
KYOIFW333 Kyosho Light Weight Front Universal Swing Shaft (90.7mm)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14933
KYOIFW334 Kyosho Light Weight Rear Universal Swing Shaft (89.5mm)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14934

All these parts are linked from the following page
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph..._25_133/page/4

Cheers...........Dave
Dave,
thanks. I'm sure you're enjoying the ride now.
khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice
 
Crocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington - New Zealand
Posts: 68
Exclamation

I haven't recieved them yet..hopefully today

Here is a link to my local supplier which is KW Racing

http://www.rcracing.co.nz/kwracing/index.htm

I would recommend contacting Kelvin (owner) to compare prices as he is very competitive. Not sure what his freight charges are.

His email address is Kelvinwnz@hotmail.com

Cheers............Dave
Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 AM   #42
Tech Apprentice
 
Crocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wellington - New Zealand
Posts: 68
Talking

Woohoo.....Big Bores have arrived

I have just finished building and installing them and I can honestly say that they are huge.




I can also confirm that the light weight universals aren't required in the rear as there seems to be plenty of room, see below
Rear Shock clearance from Universals


The front ones are a little tighter, they dont touch, however I felt some extra room was a good thing so I've simply spaced the top of the front shocks out about 2mm which allows some extra clearance. - You will need to use longer mounting bolts if you are planning to do this.
Top of front shocks - Note the silver spacer


Room now between shock and front universals.


Now I cant wait for the weekend so I can go and test out this bad boy

Last edited by Crocket; 11-06-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Update of links to Photos
Crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #43
Tech Master
 
khoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Along Equator
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Dude,
Sweet. Very sweet! is there any clearance between the springs and the universals when the shocks are depressed? what shock oil settings did you use?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocket View Post
Woohoo.....Big Bores have arrived

I have just finished building and installing them and I can honestly say that they are huge.




I can also confirm that the light weight universals aren't required in the rear as there seems to be plenty of room, see below
Rear Shock clearance from Universals


The front ones are a little tighter, they dont touch, however I felt some extra room was a good thing so I've simply spaced the top of the front shocks out about 2mm which allows some extra clearance. - You will need to use longer mounting bolts if you are planning to do this.
Top of front shocks - Note the silver spacer


Room now between shock and front universals.


Now I cant wait for the weekend so I can go and test out this bad boy
khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 AM   #44
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

that looks dialed Crocket, let us know how they work for you, and any issues you may come across with them
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #45
Tech Master
 
Jason's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,476
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Crocket - Can you post more pictures of your fuel line layout?

Just got a Kyosho MP777WC and finished putting it together tonight.
Can't wait to drive it this weekend. Looking for a starting setup for a hard
packed track with a dusty surface. Anyone? What kind of surface is the setup at the top of this thread good for?

Thanks,
Jason
__________________
| Team Orion | KO Propo | SPEEDLine Designs | RMS Graphix | HobbyTown USA, Rockford Il |
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho V-One S III Cup Edition 2 or EVO vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 3 09-02-2008 02:23 PM
WTB-KYOSHO RRR WC EDITION corney_01 Australia Wanted to Buy 0 07-23-2007 10:59 PM
KYOSHO V-ONE III CUP EDITION 2 corney_01 Hong Kong Racing 0 07-08-2007 01:08 AM
Kyosho V-One RRR WC Team Edition Roller(laydown servos edition) - $245 Shipped! AZrcDude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 40 07-03-2007 11:15 PM
Kyosho V-One RRR WC Team Edition Roller(laydown servos edition) - $300 Shipped AZrcDude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 39 06-20-2007 03:55 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net