R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #256
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Like I said I havent kept up with whats going on with the Losi car. I know a lot of people had some issues with the throttle servo breaking? Radio tray flex i believe? I also know a lot of people who run kyosho and NEVER had any problems. Awesome car right out of the box.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #257
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
now the previous owner may have taked the rear and put it on the front
It still has a single rear setup as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #258
Tech Regular

if i went and bought the buggy today, what would i need to do to it to make it race ready. other then the obvious engine elec.... ???
Old 01-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #259
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by derricklong38 View Post
if i went and bought the buggy today, what would i need to do to it to make it race ready. other then the obvious engine elec.... ???
Its race ready as is, but if you want some of the newer parts that are now common on others, the big bore shocks, lightened front, rear & center axles, and you could add carbon fiber shock towers with front, center and radio tray. Thing is, the car has had many revisions and upgrades to an existing chassis design. Its worked well for Kyosho, so they haven't strayed far from the original designs. There is even the Fioroni Factory Team chassis that has the optional rear diff layout thats different from the SP1 or SP2. You can even go for the laydown K-Factory servo tray also. For me, I just changed to the newer parts once the originals wore out. The big bores was the one thing I went straight to though, as it made a very big difference. Price wise, you can go for a used SP2 or WC and then add the newer parts to the car while you go through it.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #260
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

On my old K2, i didnt even run rear brakes on my buggy.. but when the 777 came out.. the car turned so good.. i didnt have to do that.. i was just sayin maybe the previous owner of the car..

The WC does not need anything to be race ready.. pretty much competative bone stock..
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #261
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Depends on how good of a driver you are.

No doubt a fair amount of people could wheel a bone-stock WC to a win against anything else out there.

In the end most everything enhances but is not a requirement to make the car competitive.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #262
Tech Regular

Hey guys
I got a WC and I'm choosing servos for it

For steering
Sanwa/airtronics
Digital ERG-WX
Speed 0.12sec 60 6V
Torque 14kg

Throttle
Digital ERG-WZ
Speed 0.10sec 60 6v
Torque 7.4kg

Its ok enough for throttle or I need a stronger servo?

What you guys are using? Is digital good for Off-road or should I use anaolg?
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #263
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm using a digital KO Propo PDS-2368 ICS for steering... and an analog KO Propo PS-2174 for throttle. Digital is fine for steering but you'll want an analog for throttle (if I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me).
Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #264
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'm using a digital KO Propo PDS-2368 ICS for steering... and an analog KO Propo PS-2174 for throttle. Digital is fine for steering but you'll want an analog for throttle (if I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me).
This would depend on the system/reciever. If you run anything like a Futaba HRS system with an analog servo, you'll burn out the servo.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #265
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It depends on the brand of servo and how you setup the end points. Although this applies to any servo it is more critical on digitals, you need to adjust the endpoints so that when the steering or throttle/brake is at it's limit the servo isn't still trying to pull it farther. If a servo has to keep pulling against the the end of the linkage's travel it will burn out.

I have been using Digital Futaba's in my WC and STR for over a year now and have had no problems. I can't wait to give the new brushless 351's a try. I used to run Airtronics, did for a long time, and I switched to the 3PKS with FASST and Futaba servo's and haven't been happier.
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #266

Personally I like the Futaba 9451. My dad and I have 8 total I think and we have not had a problem with them yet. The 9351 is good also but is a little on the slow side, good for truggies if you need the torque. I have an Ace servo in my 8ight that I have had for 3/4 of the year and that is fast with lots of torque. .10 @6v. with 200oz. The Ace is cheaper than others as well.

I was thinking of getting a K car soon, hard to ignore after Lutz and King are winning everything left and right lately.

Just to clear it up, the only part on my Losi I needed was the 3/3 rear block. The aluminum servosaver is a nice touch but not needed. Same goes for the hardened rear hinge pins, I wouldn't need those if we didn't go to the Xgames this year right Casey?

Kendall
Kendall Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #267
Tech Regular

Its worth a digital servo for buggy? I have in my sedan and I like them very much.. just wondering if this type of car can get the benefits of this type of servo..
7.4kg is enough for throttle? Do I need more?
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #268
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall Welch View Post
Personally I like the Futaba 9451. My dad and I have 8 total I think and we have not had a problem with them yet. The 9351 is good also but is a little on the slow side, good for truggies if you need the torque. I have an Ace servo in my 8ight that I have had for 3/4 of the year and that is fast with lots of torque. .10 @6v. with 200oz. The Ace is cheaper than others as well.

Kendall
There is no way anyone can feel the speed difference between the 9351 and the 9451. It's always nice to have the torque though. Just out of curiousity, Kendall, have you ever ran the 9351?

I race for Futaba and the 351's are what they suggest us to run, throttle and steering. Buggy and Truggy. There is a servo out that has 300oz. but it is on the slower side @ .17.

To answer if digital's are noticeable in offroad? Most definately, the faster response time can be noticed in any car you drive. Give it a try some time.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #269
Tech Elite

I would say digital, on HRS FASST system, you will see the difference in response. I am leaning toward the BLS451 to replace my S9350 on throttle/brake when they go out. BLS351 for steering would be my next move also on steering.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #270
Regional Moderator

On the throttle would be the only place I would run the 451's. I just like to keep everything the same as much as possible. This way I can have one spare 351 in my box and it will go either place.