R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

good to here, i think the kyosho will be my new car, we will see.... i have losi now, so whatever one i like better is the one i will keep.... i should have kept the mugen and given that one a try, but i had to turn it quick, so i never got a chance to run it.
http://stevejavorsky.zenfolio.com
More and More its BEARDMORE !!!!!!! (Thanks Todd)
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #212
Tech Regular

SteveJa,

If i were you, i'd wait to see the new Kyosho car, which is gonna be completely new.

The WC kit is sold out at Kyosho Japan now, so, i think we'll see the new model very soon.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #213
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The new buggy is not going to be out for quite a while. Look for it sometime after the '08 worlds.
Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #214
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
The new buggy is not going to be out for quite a while. Look for it sometime after the '08 worlds.
If i'm not wrong, the new buggy will arrive before the '08 worlds, and we should be able to see it before this summer, aprox.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #215
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

I think you may see it at the 08 Worlds, but nothing before that. Both Kyosho and Mugen are getting changes ready.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If we were to see the a new Kyosho buggy at the worlds..I think we would of seen it at the pre world warm ups......
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #217
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3 things drive me away from kyosho, price,wood screws, eclips. i do like their buggies but cant and wont pay 600.00 for wood screws,eclips. although with gil losi their now IF they do a new buggy i bet it will different.
roscoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe71 View Post
3 things drive me away from kyosho, price,wood screws, eclips. i do like their buggies but cant and wont pay 600.00 for wood screws,eclips. although with gil losi their now IF they do a new buggy i bet it will different.
Funny, I didn't have any "wood screws" strip & any e-clips fall off yet. I have had Mugen screws strip the heads though. You pay $600 buck and how much more will you spend afterwards? I have both a Mugen & Kyosho and I know someone with a RC8. Its one person now since the other person I knew just sold his RC8 roller with another RC8 NIB with it just becuase, the RC8 breaks more. I actually had to pick up parts for those RC8's this weekend. Long story short, I have extra parts stashed and haven't used them yet on my Kyosho. The RC8 went through both upper front arms just this weekend. You get what you pay for. Spend a little now, spend more later.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #219
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe71 View Post
Losi HAHA..Do you really think that Kanai is going to let losi have anything to do with the designing of the new buggy.....If kyosho was to ask Kanai to let losi help he would be insulted.Japanese have a lot of pride in there work.Try being in kanai`s shoes..If your buggy design won the last 2 worlds and someone tried to tell you to let this guy help, what would you do..Look at it like he is. Why should I let anybody help with my design when my design has won the last 2 worlds.........If kyosho does want losi to help and I was kanai I would break contract and start selling my design to some one else...Kyosho doesn`t own Kanai nor his buggy they just have the rights to distribute it.........(While there in contract)

kanai deals with Kyosho International
Losi works for Kyosho America

Big difference
Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #220
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoh10 View Post
Losi HAHA..Do you really think that Kanai is going to let losi have anything to do with the designing of the new buggy.....If kyosho was to ask Kanai to let losi help he would be insulted.Japanese have a lot of pride in there work.Try being in kanai`s shoes..If your buggy design won the last 2 worlds and someone tried to tell you to let this guy help, what would you do..Look at it like he is. Why should I let anybody help with my design when my design has won the last 2 worlds.........If kyosho does want losi to help and I was kanai I would break contract and start selling my design to some one else...Kyosho doesn`t own Kanai nor his buggy they just have the rights to distribute it.........(While there in contract)

kanai deals with Kyosho International
Losi works for Kyosho America

Big difference
So, Gil is working in the shipping department at Kyosho America? Is that what you're saying? That would be kind of a waste of the talent he's shown designing at least 7 cars that I can think of off the top of my head.

Your post is one of the most amazing things I've read in the last ten years. LOL
Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #221
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I think you may see it at the 08 Worlds, but nothing before that. Both Kyosho and Mugen are getting changes ready.
I think the new car will be at Nuremberg next year, completely new car like Kanai said some months ago.

Quote:
If we were to see the a new Kyosho buggy at the worlds..I think we would of seen it at the pre world warm ups......
Why? they are testing different things, not necessarily on the new car, just to take some idea of what they have to change and improve on the new model...

If you take a look on Kanai's car at the last JMRCA race(won by Atsushi Hara) you would be able to appreciate that the engine is not mounted like on the standard 777WC, it's more like a Losi 8ight(in the middle of the chasis).

Also, Raul Peris(who's working on the new car too, 3rd at worlds warm up) have a different chasis, and he raced it almost the complete '07 season.
His car has the center diff flipped around, to advance the engine, i think that wasn't a good think according to Kyosho, they didn't like him racing that modded car, but now i saw Kanai's car with a similar setup... i'm almost sure that's the way the new car is gonna be.

And it's kinda strange that WC kit is sold out in Japan, and that means Kyosho is going to release a new kit, according to some japanese shop.

WOW, i wrote a very long text....sorry
Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 AM   #222
Tech Regular

I forgot it...perhaps if the WC kit is sold out, they're gonna release a new and last evolution of the 777, with the new BB shocks, more than an evolution, a simple actualization of the WC kit, without meaning the imminent release of the new car, i'm not sure if i'm explaining it well...humm...i do my best with my english...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #223
Tech Master

Not saying Losi has nothing to do with it....He probably redesign something on it for the Kyosho america drivers.....The over all design will be done by Kanai,once the buggy gets over here and losi feels like there are changes that need to be made he will make them and kyosho will sell them as a upgrade
Old 12-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #224
Tech Master

I think If kyosho was to release a new kit it would be a updated WC with bb and lightened unis,etc
Old 12-19-2007, 12:30 PM   #225
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Quote:
Not saying Losi has nothing to do with it....He probably redesign something on it for the Kyosho america drivers.....The over all design will be done by Kanai,once the buggy gets over here and losi feels like there are changes that need to be made he will make them and kyosho will sell them as a upgrade
We'll see if you're right!