XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up

+1 on the JP-4. It does not have the bottom of the JP-3 but it is good to about mid RPM then it rips. The JP-4 also gets much better run time than the 3.

I loved the JP-3 with that engine in truggy.

The 427 in a buggy is a beast. I might suggest the JP-2 to kill some wheel spin and give you a controllable car. The top end will be off the hook. Might even increase your clutch bell size.

I need to find some more info on the JP-6. What kind of engine was it designed for? You would think that if a company comes out with a $100 + pipe that there would be some kind of literature on it. That is not asking much is it? Come on OFNA.

Hope this helps,
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok got some good points to the pipes to help you make your choice.

JP-1 great bottom end power- good for truggies that need the push, will make a buggy insane off the line(wheel spinner) tops out on speed quickly.

JP-2 smoother power output from top to bottom, if you have a heavy trigger finger this will help you out on getting some control of your ride , if your engine has the torque then this will mellow it out, your top speed is all there if your have long straightaways at your track(love this pipe and that's what on my car with a Picco EVO III)

JP-3 top and bottom with an on and off switch type of feel, very abrupt when you get on it, if you have the control then this pipe wants to strapped to your engine it has the grunt and the speed to wake up any engine an all around favorite for some time now and always goes out of stock here at Ofna.

JP-4 another smooth pipe but with the run time, and is whole lot quieter then the other JP- pipes but will make the run time and makes a lil more temp on your engine so if your chaging from one JP -pipes (1,2,3) to this keep track of your temps on your engine when first going out, also the pipe is shorter for top speed but the location of the stinger is further back than the other pipes and will require you to dremel off some more lexan off your body about 15mm. most of the time you may want to put on a new body with this pipe with a new pipe cutout.

Jp-6 Efra pipe this was designed to meet the specs of the new rule that was recalled ( can't tell you what happened there) it's a midrange pipe it really smoothers out the bottom end more than any of the other JP- pipes I find it a lil under power for myself and just went back to the JP-2 and 3 for my buggy.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

x2

p1=low end,p2= top end,p3=both low+top &p4=high end w/better runtime

I like the jp3 with the loudness over others..its nice to hear your engine and what its doing..you can respond by what you hear while racing..