Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ooooooo thats what u have been up to pete! making a return to buggy...nice work!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
Quick question, Ihave just finish building my new mbxr buggy and was just wondering if people left the small orings on the cross pins out of the front and centre diff aswell? The instruction say to only leave it out of the rear and that is what i did.
I don't run them any more used to but don't bother anymore and to tell the truth i didn't notice any difference with out them
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcmike
Is there a website for IDRC ? thanks, interested in pivot balls.
Mike I spoke to the folks at Innovative and the new Pivot Balls are at the anodizer now. They should be ready for sale in 2 weeks. The target price for them is around 38-40 dollars. I was also told they are working on a website and it should be up around the first of the year. IF you have any questions or need to get ahold of Innovative Desings shoot me a PM.

Randy
Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
ooooooo thats what u have been up to pete! making a return to buggy...nice work!
cheers mate! what is on the cards for you next season, i notice you have been trying to sell the 8?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

just a new 8ight before WA titles,nothing new
Old 12-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
Quick question, Ihave just finish building my new mbxr buggy and was just wondering if people left the small orings on the cross pins out of the front and centre diff aswell? The instruction say to only leave it out of the rear and that is what i did.
Don't run the small S3 o-rings on any of the diffs. They make the diffs feel inconsistent. I don't know anyone that runs them.

Best regards,
Old 12-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Race Fans

I'm kinda like Rezenclowd. I'm also looking for a new 8th scale buggy to race
next season. I've been racing 2wd 1/10th nitro stadium truck for many years,
but for some reason this class is starting to fade away. I was looking at the
new AE rc8, but Associated tends to cater to the rtr and basher crowd lately.
I know that Mugen Seiki has been an "dyed in the wool" racers only company
for years, on-road and off,with many championships to prove it. Their 1/8 scale buggies have been a big part of their success and been around for more than
a decade. So naturally I have to give the mbx5r a very close look. I know that
as far as quality is concerned the mbx5r has the competition beat. My only
question is handling being that I'm hearing that some of the newer buggies
maybe lighter and more agile?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topcat-lll
Hey Race Fans

for years, on-road and off,with many championships to prove it. Their 1/8 scale buggies have been a big part of their success and been around for more than
i like the bit of extra weight the mugen carries...i feel it helps keep the buggy planted and stable...as for handling i doent really think the other buggies on the market have any real big advantages...sometimes the light buggies will get you in trouble cause there is a such thing as to light...
Old 12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i run alot of different tracks and surfaces with the 5r. i feel its the most adaptable car on the market. i run basically the same setup everywhere i go. for the exception of the rear toe and antisquat.i've driven both the losi and the rc8 both are fine cars but require different driving styles to be consistantly fast. the 5r rotates very well has excellent suspension and is just about bullit proof. the mugen seems to fit more people because of its forgivness to driving mistakes. i'm not saying its a magic wand but i've seen locals who couldn't make the b main at club races switch to the mugen and now there in my way in the a main.mugen also has what i concider the best customer service in the industry. maybe this will help in your decision.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

also lighter cars are usually very twitchy and unpredictable losi team adds lead behind the engine mount to help plant the rearend.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

this is joey powells setup from earlier this year same setup i run pretty much everywhere.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topcat-lll
Hey Race Fans

Honestly, the top-of-the-line buggies out there are all amazing. I do not think any one has an advantage over another given proper setup. Like Halvorson said, the weight can be a good thing. One thing I REALLY like about Mugen Seiki is their commitment to the race market. As one can easily see, there are NO RTR vehicles made by them, not that the RTR itself is any less, but the majority of companies compromise with quality in an RTR. I believe that if one buggy was "lighter and more agile" then we would see a particular buggy dominate. We saw that in California with the Losi 8, but due to the RATIO of Losi 8 entries to other buggy entries. I know this has happened in other races as well. However, the Mugen and quite a few other brands still take the TQ or top 3 in almost every race that I read about. I think this is due to the quality of the buggies out there and the human factor being the deciding issue, not chassis involved. Choose a buggy by what you think you would like. I choose by design features, and the Losi 8 is quite radical compared to the current trend, AND it proved itself with both pro and club racers. Do I think I would be better with a Mugen? I sure would like to think so, but I have lately been racing with Stephen Bess at my humble club track (rather he has been visiting [Thanks Bess!]) I know its not the chassis holding me back, but rather my driving skills. You will not make an unwise decision with the Mugen, but rather a tried and true decision that has proved itself over and over again on the podium in the hands of everything from beginners to pros.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone found that you cant get the full steering throw by using the tie rod end on the inside of the servo horn? If i use the inside of the servo horn the rod end hits the carbon fibre plate for the radio tray when its not quite at full throw, i tried using the top hole on my servo horn and same happens and if i use a lower hole the rod end actually hits the servo casing and still not gettin full throw, the only way i could get full steering throw was by using the outer side of the servo horn.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Full lock and I've still got about 4mm gap.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankBlack
Has anyone found that you cant get the full steering throw by using the tie rod end on the inside of the servo horn? If i use the inside of the servo horn the rod end hits the carbon fibre plate for the radio tray when its not quite at full throw, i tried using the top hole on my servo horn and same happens and if i use a lower hole the rod end actually hits the servo casing and still not gettin full throw, the only way i could get full steering throw was by using the outer side of the servo horn.
i think u need to shorten the link between the servo saver and horn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.