R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #1351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Anybody know if a Mugen MBX5R can accept any other clutchbell/flywheel besides their own? Like maybe a AE or Losi. If so what tooth.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #1352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

you can use racers edge and sportwerks clutch bells.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #1353
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1 View Post
Anybody know if a Mugen MBX5R can accept any other clutchbell/flywheel besides their own? Like maybe a AE or Losi. If so what tooth.

all my Mugen boyz run Ofna vented bell's....the 3 vent NOT the 4...as the tooth depth is a little differnt.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #1354
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

You can use a whole Kyosho clutch setup with flywheel, springs, shoes, and clutch bell. I suggest sticking with the Mugen clutch bells if using a Mugen clutch. Jammin clutch setup should also fit.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #1355
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz06 View Post
Thanks for all the help and advice guys,
well it is a hard corner but i thought it was only me having trouble with it and i always had to slow way down and everyone was able to go faster round it and close the gap or even over take me then i lowered the car it helped but was raging when my car stalled in the final and i drop from first to last and was onyl able to get back up to 8th.

well i have printed out setup guides and have a load of notes made out form you guys and am going get some more shock oil when get a chance will buy a good few bottle of variety and printed out a load of setup sheets to try out different things and keep track of what changes improve and worsen the overall handling. Been talkign to guy at the track he said number one rule on it is max droop.

well thanks for help anyway guys and will be in touch after the next race day and let use no how i get on and what worked best for me etc.
thanks adam
ok well i actually missed that raceday due to heavy rain and didnt think was worth travelling the distance for it to be cancelled which it wasnt grrrr.

so had my first race with the car and new setup but to my shock the whole track had changed one new huge jump really high and a bomb hole to go in and out of and a new triple added in and complete new route and layout grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. (check out the website for pics should be on forum www.badmcc.com)
anyway practice went bad with 70+ seconds laps most others in low 60s high 50s per lap them my steering rods kept poping out so i figured this was due to too much droop and odly i was correct so adjusted that and added few extra suspension spacers to help with large jump and that was problem fixed still didnt have new jumps mastered and was time for first heat. i finished 4th in my heat and after first round was 9th overall seond round i managed bet my laps down to 55 seconds onstead of 65-70 and mastered the jumps and was 7th overall. round 3 didnt go so well for me so overall was siiting 10th which usually woda ment 10th in the A final but they decided to run less people in the A final so i was 1st in the B final and then i had a flame out just when the 10 9 8 countdown started my pitman managed to get my car started so i had to start from pitlane after all cars past managed get back up and stay 1st-2nd posistion with few minutes left lost all power in engine glowplug had half went so i had to pull in as didnt wnat to do any damage

but i had 0 grip roles and 2 roles due to front brakes locking up on me but thats sorted now. open day at the track on wed so going down to master it and then racing on sunday again yeh hopefully will improve on the result as was disapointed.
adz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #1356
Tech Elite

anyone know who makes the ti ball end droop screws? time for a new chassy i cant adjust my droop anymore. i know the new car will be out soon but i also would like to put these screws in the 6.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #1357
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan42r View Post
anyone know who makes the ti ball end droop screws? time for a new chassy i cant adjust my droop anymore. i know the new car will be out soon but i also would like to put these screws in the 6.

Allan put a M4 button head screw in from below the larger contact area will help save the chassis plate at the expense of slightly reduced droop, to make adjustment easy cut a slot in the thread end so you can quickly adjust droop at the track it works, if you want to stay with the allen grub screw arrangement then grind the end flat then take the edges of to make it more rounded this im told also helps, the first way will save you having to buy a new chassis for now.

a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #1358
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Fioroni ultra light mbx5r hard-coat chassis(ot-ur30).
Just like to get some input before I shell out $115.00 for one. I was considering the BCE chassis but it's longer than stock and would require a
longer drive shaft, plus the new mbx6 is coming out with a shorter chassis?
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #1359
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

As far as I know there are no performance gains on the fioroni chassis. The bce chassis is supposed to improve the handling and stability by making the car longer, I have the bce chassis just have yet to install it. As far as price they are about the same even including the longer rear drive shaft that is needed on the bce. I will post my results once I put the chassis on, will be putting it on this week.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #1360
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow coach View Post
Allan put a M4 button head screw in from below the larger contact area will help save the chassis plate at the expense of slightly reduced droop, to make adjustment easy cut a slot in the thread end so you can quickly adjust droop at the track it works, if you want to stay with the allen grub screw arrangement then grind the end flat then take the edges of to make it more rounded this im told also helps, the first way will save you having to buy a new chassis for now.

thanks i already have larger screws in,its time for new chassys.ive seen the ball end droop screws that only put a dimple in the chassy but i cant remember who makes them.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #1361
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ilmugenracer Send a message via Yahoo to ilmugenracer

thats a new one on me too Alan, make sure to post a link if you find where to get those.

http://myworld.ebay.com/staind_rock <-- ebay feedback

Mugen Seiki, Advantage Racing Bearings, Kiefer Designs
ilmugenracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:31 AM   #1362
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmugenracer View Post
thats a new one on me too Alan, make sure to post a link if you find where to get those.
hi ryan, that hippie with a pony tale gave cory a set and cory doesnt know who made them. you going to peoria on the 16th ?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #1363
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ilmugenracer Send a message via Yahoo to ilmugenracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan42r View Post
hi ryan, that hippie with a pony tale gave cory a set and cory doesnt know who made them. you going to peoria on the 16th ?
i'll ask him who makes them and the part # this weekend. not sure yet on peoria but i think so.

http://myworld.ebay.com/staind_rock <-- ebay feedback

Mugen Seiki, Advantage Racing Bearings, Kiefer Designs
ilmugenracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #1364
Tech Adept

Anyone no of any other place to buy these

Reckward Tuning Steering Ball 7mm for the mbx5r
i can only find them forsale at AMAIN link below

but the postage is a rip of to the uk as i live in northenr ireland anyone no of anywhere else to get them i badly need a set.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24719

thanks adam
adz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #1365
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz06 View Post
Anyone no of any other place to buy these

Reckward Tuning Steering Ball 7mm for the mbx5r
i can only find them forsale at AMAIN link below

but the postage is a rip of to the uk as i live in northenr ireland anyone no of anywhere else to get them i badly need a set.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24719

thanks adam

ask an american buddy to order them and then send em to u in a cheepo bubble envelope...should be significantly cheeper i would think.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote