R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #1021
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
i cant do this because i have eight's shocks...can you give me please the distance from the ground-hub?like the manual!

8ight shocks are NO WHERE near the same lenght as the stocker's are....so i highly doubt u should be putting Any More droop on the truck....Just enuff to take the pressure off the shock ends...and even then im sure ur droop screw's will be almost All the way through the arm....good luck with that.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #1022
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks starter box but i have these...
can you tell me how much droop do you use?ride height?
Hi Gregory,

I am still experimenting with my setup. We have medium traction (clay), tight layout, and medium surface here in Omaha, NE.

As for now, I set front and rear lower arms level. With Crime Fighters and Ofna TrueLite dishes that results in 32mm front end of chassis (equals approx. 27mm lowest point in the front near bellcrank), and 28mm rear end of chassis. However, a peer here at my track, who had run Mugen for years, said, that he adjusted ride height by feeling, rather than measuring.

Droop: I take the pressure off the stock shocks, resulting in approx. 14mm droop front and rear.

We are talking 5R, right? In one of the replies a reference to the truck version was made though.

Best regards,
Frank
Starter box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #1023
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter box View Post
Hi Gregory,

I am still experimenting with my setup. We have medium traction (clay), tight layout, and medium surface here in Omaha, NE.

As for now, I set front and rear lower arms level. With Crime Fighters and Ofna TrueLite dishes that results in 32mm front end of chassis (equals approx. 27mm lowest point in the front near bellcrank), and 28mm rear end of chassis. However, a peer here at my track, who had run Mugen for years, said, that he adjusted ride height by feeling, rather than measuring.

Droop: I take the pressure off the stock shocks, resulting in approx. 14mm droop front and rear.

We are talking 5R, right? In one of the replies a reference to the truck version was made though.

Best regards,
Frank
i have a prospec with some parts from the r.like the steering system,the towers,and the front hubs.because i had the shocks from the eight i will try to use them.if i set the drop like the prospec's manual say it's ok.i can do this..[but for something like 10mm distance from the ground... no way!!].

you are saying 14mm drop front and rear,with how much wheel width?

i will post some pictures with the eight's shocks to take a look with max droop.
i will keep you informed with the progress!
and something last,the rear arms from the r have the same width and shock's monting holes location?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #1024
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
i have a prospec with some parts from the r.like the steering system,the towers,and the front hubs.because i had the shocks from the eight i will try to use them.if i set the drop like the prospec's manual say it's ok.i can do this..[but for something like 10mm distance from the ground... no way!!].

you are saying 14mm drop front and rear,with how much wheel width?

i will post some pictures with the eight's shocks to take a look with max droop.
i will keep you informed with the progress!
and something last,the rear arms from the r have the same width and shock's monting holes location?
Hi,

The 5R rear lower arm shock mounting holes are approx. 62mm and approx. 68mm from the chassis hinge pin. The arm is approx. 100+mm long, measured hinge pin to hinge pin.

Do you use the prospec arms (lower, upper, rear, front)? If yes, I would go by the prospec stock setup as a start. Just try to make your shocks work somehow (i.e., no stress on the shock ball ends). If the set screws for setting the droop are too short, you can try Ofna 4x10mm or Team Associated 4x12mm.

The wheels I use for droop setup are 40mm wide.

Hope that helps.
Frank
Starter box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #1025
Tech Initiate

i don't know if it has been posted already but....a little bird told me that the mbx6 will bi available in june
wazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #1026
Tech Master

No i don't use the arms from the r but i will buy them.for the set screws are ok..
i didn't understant that for the shock ends...i am sorry.can you explain it?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #1027
Tech Addict

Wazee Mugen MBX6

Gregory set your droop so you always stop suspension travel before you over extend the shocks obviously with 5R shocks that will be a truck load of droop but with your shocks you will need all the droop you can get dont let the arms drop past the length of the shock as it can over stress and maybe damage shocks.
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #1028
Tech Master

Ah!i understant it now!thanks slow coach!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #1029
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazee View Post
i don't know if it has been posted already but....a little bird told me that the mbx6 will bi available in june
Who's your little bir--er, I mean source?

Statements & comments from the Mugen folks tend to point to September at the earliest.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #1030
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

I believe team gets them first in June, then for sale in Sept. Dates are always changing though.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #1031
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Dates are always changing though.

X2...i dont think ive ever seen a Truck be released on THE day they claim it to be...there's always issues with this or that....but then again think of what goes into designing and producing a Top level racer.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #1032
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone who gave me input on the truggy gearing project I was doing. I have to say that the RC8 can no longer out run the ol mugen now. With the truggy ring and pinion front anf rear and a 44t center diff gear, it totally rocks with an 17t cb. I still have an incredible amount of torque so I think i'm going to push it a little more and go to an 18t cb. I'm running a Novarossi p5x with about 7 gallons on it and runs strong. I might try a Go .21 3 port race engine. Or get my p5x repinched and modded, haven't decided on that yet.

Thanks all,
Chuck
cbaranski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #1033
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

The RC8 wasn't outrunning my MBX5R with stock ring and pinions. I actually went to a 48 spur with 14T CB. The stock 13/46 with an Axe Mamba was too much bottom punch.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #1034
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to insaneracin2003

Since Mugen is re-doing the MBX5R, Do you guys think the T will be next?
Mugen Seiki USA / Mikes Hobby Shop / Byrons Fuels / Gulf Coast Raceway / Insaneracin Designs / Paint by "Smiley"
insaneracin2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #1035
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone selling a used Mugen one piece engine mount?
RCO
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote