Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
REVELATION RACEWAY >

REVELATION RACEWAY

REVELATION RACEWAY

Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the past few times I've been out there and there are some kids out there trying to make a buck by turn marshaling which is all good (this is a big track and a long walk from the drivers stand)I'm all for that ,they're hustling and running across the track to flip you over and somtimes they can't make it in time before your car flames out I have no reason to yell at them for not getting my car because that's my fault for dumb driving. But guys I have giving these kids a couple of dollars each time I go out there and say thank you. I'm pretty sure it goes a long way when you help them out, I gave a couple of kids some Gatorades and a couple of dollars for turning over my car because they were getting a workout and sweating. The next time I went back on the track one of the kids held on to my buggy till I got up to the drivers stand he did this without hesitation, for me I'm going to try to help this kid as much as I can to get him a buggy because he said he was trying to earn some money to get a ride.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

I turnmarshalled this Saturday night for the beginner Truggy main. It was pretty cold out that night, and by the end of the 10min main I was breaking a sweat. There were a few close calls regarding my ankles. I definately felt the danger.

I also definately realized how out of shape I am.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

IM not complaining but just trying to get other opionions is it me or does the expert buggy class a road rage race ???..........
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
the past few times I've been out there and there are some kids out there trying to make a buck by turn marshaling which is all good (this is a big track and a long walk from the drivers stand)I'm all for that ,they're hustling and running across the track to flip you over and somtimes they can't make it in time before your car flames out I have no reason to yell at them for not getting my car because that's my fault for dumb driving. But guys I have giving these kids a couple of dollars each time I go out there and say thank you. I'm pretty sure it goes a long way when you help them out, I gave a couple of kids some Gatorades and a couple of dollars for turning over my car because they were getting a workout and sweating. The next time I went back on the track one of the kids held on to my buggy till I got up to the drivers stand he did this without hesitation, for me I'm going to try to help this kid as much as I can to get him a buggy because he said he was trying to earn some money to get a ride.
Now thats cool R2. We need that kind of attitude back in this hobby.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Nobike,

I haven't noticed anything toooo out of the ordinary in the expert class... ? But, Ive only raced the last two Saturdays so I wouldn't know except for recently.....
Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Andy there's no difference in what class it is at Rev. theres always danger I ---T.M.d for the ama. on Sat. night in the small whoops section and for the main right at the staging area before the race. And I ran across the track twice almost took out the other turn marshall when he reacted too late and started to make the dash for it, stood right in the middle of the race line right in front of the double just before the front straight because there was 4 buggies comming at me and the best thing to do was to stand still and lift a leg a couple of times so my SHIIN and ankle won't have any plastic parts in me, chased down a tire that came off a buggy then went back to get the buggy(ooohhh look there's the wheel hub get that tooo!!!!!!)jump, dodged and spun around like Michael Jackson and then at the end of the main broke out with a cramp in my thighDanger and excitment all in 10min.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

hahahaha Hilarious post.

Great stuff.

That sounds like an evening in the mash pit!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

mash pit you only get bruises, here your marked FO-LIFE
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

say what you want to about rev, but i doubt there is another track anywhere with 125+ entries on club nights. i also doubt there is any other track that has so many team drivers every saturday night.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:44 PM

Nobody is saying anything bad about Revelations just the issue of a lack of turnmarshals at certain times is being adressed.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 nitro syco

i think people think that theres so many people that someone will just "fill in" for them and its gotting a little over board
Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you address the turn marshalling issue to Dana i'm sure he will address it. He has always adjusted things to make things better and has never had the attitude that racers are replacable....

You guys have to remember that Dana's racing back ground is on road and you pretty much turn marshall your own car on practice days and it isn't a problem since onroad is easier to keep on all four wheels.... Just different rules I guess...
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Sicboy,

You must have read the post wrong. Rev is awesome and I love racing there! I was just addressing the dangers of marshalling in general. Doesn't matter what track you are at.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

hey Francis it's D.j. things have changed a lil at Rev. now that it's off-road. You can no longer drive on the ground in front of pit lane beacause the track is elevated and Dana wants all drivers to be on the drvr. stand and that's good rule there too much track to cover if your were on the ground and if someone was out standing behind a jump or turning over a car you would not see the person till you hit and cause some sort of injury, my thing is guys your driving causes you to flip over and if there's only one person out there covering 1000 feet of track don't expect him to dash to your car to flip you over he's probably in sweat mode from turning over 20 other cars earlier, stop and haller a "Thank you" and aknowledge them their effort is well worth the wait. And don't run out of gas on the straight and not caution the other drivers of your dead car on the track, if it gets ran over and broken then whose fault is that.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -R2-
Thank you for mentioning my kids DJ, their great out there. They work for lunch from the Taco guy.lol. And I'll tell everyone here this. The next person that yells at my kids for not getting to their car fast enough, they will here it from me. Then, they won't get marshalled at all by my kids. I just tell them to stay away from that car and sit there and stare at it until it dies.lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.