Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
REVELATION RACEWAY >

REVELATION RACEWAY

REVELATION RACEWAY

Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 PM

Well that was me that hit you, I am extremely sorry about that. After the crash I imediately went down from the drivers stand and somebody already had my car for me and I asked him who I hit and he said nobody that I just hit the pipe and so after that I just thought you were dodging the car, so I am very sorry I hit you. So are you okay from that, did it hurt badly? Again I am very sorry.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can someone please post some info about the ofna race, need to book the hotel room soon.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:22 PM

Did you see this on their website? http://www.revrace.com/OFNA_CHAMPIONSHIPS.cfm
Old 08-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah I saw that, I just wanted to know if the race was still going to happen.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well that was me that hit you, I am extremely sorry about that. After the crash I imediately went down from the drivers stand and somebody already had my car for me and I asked him who I hit and he said nobody that I just hit the pipe and so after that I just thought you were dodging the car, so I am very sorry I hit you. So are you okay from that, did it hurt badly? Again I am very sorry.
Nitro Syco,

Don't worry about it, I know these things happen.. Apology accepted, just make sure u flipped the Losi 8T RTR over before any other truggys ..hahaha

haha Final Score... Truggy - 1 r6ryder - 0
Veejay, I'll see u in Barona. I hope u turn marshall for me in Barona... haha
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM

Cool happy to see that there is not any issues. I remember seeing your car while waiting for my race
Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

r6ryder-ya, I was pitting for Nitro Syco...I saw you drop hard like someone pulled a judo move on you and swept your feet out. We did try to find you, but as the next round of drivers flooded the pit area, I lost track of you also. Good to hear that its not terrible, but it sure looked it, you could see the pain in your face. Good luck to you in your racing.

BTW Ive been tempted to wear shin guards while marshaling. I once saw a guy marshal a car at the landing of a jump, 3 others cleared it, and 2 rode down his back. Luckily no harm done, BUT it could have been to his head had he happened to stand up. This hobby can be quite dangerous, and many of us take safety at the track very lightly. I know I am going to bring gloves now. Grabbing a pipe once or the tires another time while on throttle justifies it.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

One more thing comes to mind, what tires are you guys using on truggy and gt.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparsrule
One more thing comes to mind, what tires are you guys using on truggy and gt.
truggy use holeshots, 1-2 seconds a lap faster than bowties........good luck...
Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
r6ryder-ya, I was pitting for Nitro Syco...I saw you drop hard like someone pulled a judo move on you and swept your feet out. We did try to find you, but as the next round of drivers flooded the pit area, I lost track of you also. Good to hear that its not terrible, but it sure looked it, you could see the pain in your face. Good luck to you in your racing.

BTW Ive been tempted to wear shin guards while marshaling. I once saw a guy marshal a car at the landing of a jump, 3 others cleared it, and 2 rode down his back. Luckily no harm done, BUT it could have been to his head had he happened to stand up. This hobby can be quite dangerous, and many of us take safety at the track very lightly. I know I am going to bring gloves now. Grabbing a pipe once or the tires another time while on throttle justifies it.
yah I always wear gloves... motocross gloves work really well and they are pretty cheap. Some even have rubber finger tips which helps when you have to shut a car off by covering the pipe.

imagine turn marshalls dressed in all out football gear, helmet and everything!

1/8 scales have no mercy when they hit people!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by veejay323
yah I always wear gloves... motocross gloves work really well and they are pretty cheap. Some even have rubber finger tips which helps when you have to shut a car off by covering the pipe.

imagine turn marshalls dressed in all out football gear, helmet and everything!

1/8 scales have no mercy when they hit people!

I have actualy hit myself with my own MBX5T, going fairly fast and it had plenty of mercy But that all had to do with the way it hit me, I was going about 1/2 speed and I actualy landed on myself nut luckily I landed all 4 wheels on my back so the suspension took care of everything and it didnt hurt at all. Then I hit r6ryder and it took no mercy, I actualy broke my front uper and lower a-arms on his leg I heard he limped away but I only saw him fall and ran down the drivers stand and didnt see him after that.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Turn marshall

Heck at So Cal my kid wore a helmet..he wants to turn marshall at Rev but I wont let hit..One good smack to the noggin and he is gone!!

Chuck
Old 08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How is Rev these days? I haven't been out there for quite a while. Hopefully some of the dudes have chilled out since I was last out there...most likely not though. I would like to go back, but you are at the track for 5-6 hours just to race 30min for a club race. I see the webcam is back up and running which is good. Oh also, do people actually turn marshal during practice days? As last couple times I was out there, everyone wanted to drive, but no one wanted to make it any more fun for everyone else. I usually try to drive 5-10min, then come off and turn marshal for the same amount of time. Last time, it was only me, and 2 other guys that turn marshaled almost the whole time we were out there, and we are from Santa Barbara, 2.5 hours away!

Most other get off the stand, flip their own car over, and ignore the other problems on the track to head straight to the drivers stand again.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3

Most other get off the stand, flip their own car over, and ignore the other problems on the track to head straight to the drivers stand again.
There's definitely a degree of selfishness when it comes to marshalling cars out there. But realistically, it's just not feasible sometimes to flip every car over during the demo derby that is practice time.

I noticed this last weekend also, but I wouldn't blame those guys....there are few things more aggravating than having to run down that driver's stand before your car flames out. Or it could be something as simple as not being thanked when you bring some ingrates non-running car off the track. Over time, this will most likely make people more selective about who they flip over

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.