REVELATION RACEWAY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REVELATION RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

I went by last night and it ooked liek evrything was the same except the rollers as you come on the front straight. Its now a little triple if i remeber correct. I did not run just went by to get some parts. There was no way that i found to get throught that section before cleanly unless it was jsut real slow, The spacing was to funky.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

how often is the track groomed.. and will there ever be a 10th scale only day
Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

This past weekend there was a heat of Electric 1/10, Novice/Beginner 1/10 gas and a full heat of Expert 1/10 gas. Just in case you wernt there.. The track was O.K. as far as conditions, bumps are to be expected if running so many 8 Scales, IMO. I didnt hear anything on a 1/10 day, would be nice!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

the Track was o.k. ?? the track was perfect last Saturday. Considering how many Truggy's and Buggy's were ripping it up the track was in amazing shape even for 10th scale Nitro Truck... Jimmy P did a killer job making this track.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Track was awesome for the JBRL. Held together great. Last year on the old track even use electric guys tore the place up. The new track held together beutifully all day. I think most had a great time. I know I did.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

ECHO Echo echo....
Old 05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

I would love to race there at Revelation Raceway but they do not have a wheelchair accessible drivers stand. Technically they have a little stand to the left of the big drivers stand that is accessible but that stand isn't high enough and therefore vision is obstructed by jumps/obstacles on the track. I'm sure the height of that stand was fine back when that was a flat onroad track but with it being offroad now, you just cant see from that drivers stand.

Back before they moved the offroad track, the wheelchair drivers stand they had setup was dialed, you could see every inch of the track. It just sucks that since they moved the track, I cant race there because I just cant see from the new stand.

-Chris
Old 05-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

considering that the track is groomed once a week,, why not have a 10th and smaller (to include the crt.5,which is gaining popularity ) day/night practice/race ,,,,, that way atleast sub 8th scales can take advantage of the track but in a smooth and virgin condition

since there will be nomore club racing on wednesday,fridays,and sundays ,,, socal raceway R. I. P.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I just ran the new track for the first time last Saturday with 1/10th...I really don't see why you can't run whatever you want on it. It was really smooth -- considering that it IS supposed to be off-road and all. I ran my 4wd mod and a stock truck and neither had any problems with it.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

I run/race a mini 18TH scale ,,, and it will only do well if he track is smooth,,,, same as a 10th scale.... I have been on the track when it was smooth and then again the very next day and I can tell you there is a huge difference between the two ,, for both lap times and enjoyability..... not sure if you saw the track sunday but if you were to compare saturdays track condition to sundays im sure you would prefer sundays....

basically I would like to race my mini there
Old 05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisE
I would love to race there at Revelation Raceway but they do not have a wheelchair accessible drivers stand. Technically they have a little stand to the left of the big drivers stand that is accessible but that stand isn't high enough and therefore vision is obstructed by jumps/obstacles on the track. I'm sure the height of that stand was fine back when that was a flat onroad track but with it being offroad now, you just cant see from that drivers stand.

Back before they moved the offroad track, the wheelchair drivers stand they had setup was dialed, you could see every inch of the track. It just sucks that since they moved the track, I cant race there because I just cant see from the new stand.

-Chris
Chris sorry to hear about this. I noticed the same thing when I was watching practice last Thursday. I was standing on the wheel chair access area and I thought hmmm cant see a whole lot. Like you sad ok when it was on-road but not good for the current off-road. You might want to bring this to Dana's attention I'm sure he can accommodate you somehow.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Good call, give Dana a Buzz Chris. We want you out there racing with us !
Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaejw1
I run/race a mini 18TH scale ,,, and it will only do well if he track is smooth,,,, same as a 10th scale.... I have been on the track when it was smooth and then again the very next day and I can tell you there is a huge difference between the two ,, for both lap times and enjoyability..... not sure if you saw the track sunday but if you were to compare saturdays track condition to sundays im sure you would prefer sundays....

basically I would like to race my mini there
It was pretty nice saturday, especiLly later on. The track stayed a little damp and they didn't have to keep watering it...really smooth. OTOH, my 1/18th stuff will flip over from the smallest imperfections...they almost need a carpet track.

There was some guy out there with a small-ish 4wd truck and it was hauling butt...it looked smaller than a 1/10th truck...like a little truggy.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
There was some guy out there with a small-ish 4wd truck and it was hauling butt...it looked smaller than a 1/10th truck...like a little truggy.
how long ago was this...
Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaejw1
how long ago was this...
Saturday night. It was orange and white.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.